Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Asus Customer Service is so POOR

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Asus Customer Service is so POOR

Ok, I know we all love our Transformer (or at least some of us) but I just want to let you guys know that god forbid that you won't ever have to send yours to be service like what I'm going through myself right now.

After ONLY a month and a half of owning this device, I found a single dead pixel on mine along with some light bleedings on the edges on the screen, bleedings don't bother me as much as the dead pixel so I decided to give Asus a call last week to have these problems fixed.
    First off, They don't send you a box so you can send them your Transformer, hang on to your box, and the reason for that is so they won't pay for the shipping from you to them to be service.
    I sent the TF back last week and have to spend $20.00 of my own money to have it shipped to them for a defective device that is only a month and a half old that is still under warranty....REALLY???? and according to their website that if the device gets damage during the shipping that it will not be cover for any damages. please someone give me a break, I wouldn't have to send this piece of junk to have it service if it wasn't already defective in the first place.

So Anyway, The device finally reached to them today as per UPS website tracking info, so I gave them a call to find out what would be the turn around and waiting times for me to get my Transformer back....the tech support says, that it would take 10-14 days for the repair and another week for a slow ass FedEx ground service (at their expense) since it's coming back from Texas to California and that if I want it to get the shipping back a little faster that I have to pay it again myself.
    At this point, I'm willing to pay for a faster shipping for me to have it back sooner, even though I think it's wrong to have your customer handle the shipping to repair a defective device that is still under warranty, but 10 to 14 days to repair...again. REALLY???
    I think a made a HUGE mistake on my part on sticking with this piece of junk device over on going back to iPad2 and adding these kind of POS kind of customer service does not help....I know, I know, PLEASE EXCUSE and I apologize to you all for my crappy attitude at the moment, But wouldn't you feel the same if these crap happens to you?

I think I can handle the number of imperfections of the Transformer and Android itself, but will not ever tolerate such a CRAPPY customer service and they way they treat the people who support their product. I can say that this will be my first and last Asus product I will ever buy.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    That is a total bummer! I fully believe that if the product has a defect you should not have to pay the shipping and they should have sent you a box overnight so that you wouldn't be without your Transformer any longer than necessary for repairs! Good luck!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Mickeylittle.....My point exactly. I don't care what people say about HP, but when when I had to call them one time my laptop had a problem, they quickly sent me a box with a pre-paid overnight shipping to their repair service center and within 3 days I have my laptop back...and that's how you to keep customers happy and in return they customers will keep on buying their products.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just shipped my TF for repairs and sent it through Purolator Express which cost me $44 bucks plus a shipping box and didn't hear anything about getting reimbursed (which I hope I do). That's not cool.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gdallas View Post
    I just shipped my TF for repairs and sent it Purolator Express which cost me $44 bucks plus a shipping box and didn't hear anything about getting reimbursed (which I hope I do). That's not cool.
    I think this is wrong guys and somehow Asus should be held accountable for their flaws! It seems like by now they could be shipping refurbs to you ans then you just put the defective unit in the box that the refurb arrived in and ship it back.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That does suck that you have to pay for return shipping, but for a company like Asus that is the norm. :\

One thing though, dead pixels normally don't show up a month later; generally you have them or you don't. Same with the light bleed, it's either there or it isn't.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    That maybe true case on the dead pixel and the light bleed, as mentioned. the light bleed didn't bother me much but as far as the deal pixel. I probably just didn't notice it until lately since I always have lighter wallpaper background so it could have been there all these time and I wouldn't have sent it back if not for the dead pixel as I'm afraid that it might get worse later on.
    Either way, these are flaws along with numbers of other problems on the TF itself and I truly believe that Asus should at least make it right by taking good care of their customers that supports their product.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    4 times
    I agree maybe if enough people complain they will change their policy sorry to hear of your troubles.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times

Highly Unlikely Policy will Change

I've been dealing with Asus and their Chinese/Japanese/Korean counterparts for almost 3 decades. Their policy on returning defective merchandise isn't going to change. They all (Asus, Acer, MSI, etc.) are operating on laser thin margins. The Transformer is one of the cheapest tablets out there for a reason. You want hand-holding and return shipping labels, pay the extra money up front for a Apple, HP (and used to be) Dell. There is a reason why one is cheaper than the other...
    junior likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowItch View Post
    I've been dealing with Asus and their Chinese/Japanese/Korean counterparts for almost 3 decades. Their policy on returning defective merchandise isn't going to change. They all (Asus, Acer, MSI, etc.) are operating on laser thin margins. The Transformer is one of the cheapest tablets out there for a reason. You want hand-holding and return shipping labels, pay the extra money up front for a Apple, HP (and used to be) Dell. There is a reason why one is cheaper than the other...
    I wouldn't call it 'hand holding' as that implies the OP or any others are being babies in the situation! Apple btw is made in China or Japan as well. Granted their profits may not be very much per unit however how many units are being returned?
    Current Devices:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links