Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I'm sorry, I have to ask about battery drain...

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    90 times

I'm sorry, I have to ask about battery drain...

Since I am getting absolutely nowhere on another thread. Should I be having signifigant battery drain when the tablet-plus-dock is powered completely off. Not asleep. Powered off. Like 15% drain on my dock stats after being totally charged, then turned off for 6 hours.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie - Wanna Make Something Of It?

Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer TF300 (with dock)

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    No, you shouldn't.

To which device are you referring?

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    In short? I would think not.

You may have a faulty dock-- there's a thread on this, with the original TF101's dock, it apparently had some serious issues when it was first released. You could compare your dock's serial number with those reported in this forum, to see which generation it is. I'm sorry, I do not know off the top of my head, which ones are which, but I do know there were several generations of the original TF101, indicated by the first few letters of the serial number.

I would presume the same thing happened with the docks. Asus did replace quite a few, back when they were newly released. A dock upgrade (last summer-- about a year ago) went out, which seemed to solve most of the issues. It could be your dock never got the upgrade?
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Developer
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    101 times
    Not normal, I'd make sure its cmpletely off, and if not, RMA

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    Personally when I switched off the tablet (dock or undocked) for a period of 12 hrs, I tend to lose about 1-2% of battery life on the tablet and none on the dock. However when I put the tablet to sleep/standby (dock or undocked), it loses around 3-4% of battery life and about 1% on the dock. I use to have a defective dock that drain about 30% of the dock battery life when docked with the tablet (the tablet life is however unaffected). I got the dock repaired and everything is fine till now. Anyway does the drain happen when the tablet and dock are separated?

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    No, you shouldn't.

To which device are you referring?
    The TF101.

I sent a formal question about this to Asus support, as well.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer TF300 (with dock)

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    90 times
    Little experiment time. I am at my office with my TF300. It is showing battery at 100% for both the tab and dock (I have a separate charger here to plug it into). I have powered it off, and will leave it off for a few hours to see what happens. Meanwhile, my TF101, which has the drain problem, is at home, powered off. It will be interesting to see the stats when I get home. If I have to RMA it, so be it. I do have two Transformers, now. I don't have to go without (heaven forbid!).

Thank you all for your replies.

Helping Hero & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    249 times
    Just as an FYI the dock drain issue was around serial numbers beggining with "B7O" series. If yours is above that and you are having trouble it maybe a differnt problem. One way to test is to charge the dock and diconnect it from the TF overnight your loss should be almost zero. I know when I use mine without the dock and then connect to the fully charged dock it is still at 99% to 100%.
    barskin likes this.
    Help shortcuts

For TF101 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post177499
    For T100 http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post344339

My stuff!

ASUS T100 64GB
    TF101 32 GB + Grandkids toy now
    Nokia 635 win 8.1
    ASUS MB Z97-A with I5 CPU (mine home brew PC)
    HP Desktop (wife's)
    Retired: My week is six Saturdays and one Sunday!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by helpifIcan View Post
    Just as an FYI the dock drain issue was around serial numbers beggining with "B7O" series. If yours is above that and you are having trouble it maybe a differnt problem. One way to test is to charge the dock and diconnect it from the TF overnight your loss should be almost zero. I know when I use mine without the dock and then connect to the fully charged dock it is still at 99% to 100%.
    Thanks! I'l try that tonight.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by helpifIcan View Post
    I read that the problem was with B4, B5, and B6 serial numbers. Source: Amazon.com: Mike P.'s review of Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Mobile Docking

What serial is your dock? Just in case, make sure Mobile Dock Battery Saving is on (under ASUS custom options).
    Tablet: Asus TF101 B9O 16 GB + 32 GB microSD | SOC: 1.4 GHz Tegra 2 | OS: Team EOS 4 JB 4.2.2 (latest nightly) | Kernel: KAT 103 | Dock: B7O
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 16 GB | SOC: 1.2 GHz OMAP4 | OS: stock JB 4.1.2 (JZO54K)
    Laptop: Dell XPS 1340 | CPU: Core 2 Duo P8600 w/ 4GB DDR3 dual-channel | OS: Win7 Pro | Other: copper mod

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links