Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By leeshor
  • 1 Post By leeshor
  • 1 Post By Bob_of_QF

Thread: Anyway to do L/R Balance or switch to mono?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Anyway to do L/R Balance or switch to mono?

So I have the "left speaker is a dud" issue and I feel like I'm a couple weeks away from missing out on my 1 year warrenty being over. However I also question if I want to just ship off my tablet for a month or two just to fix my left speaker not working. It would take days to just re-set up my tablet in the way I have it laid out, especially since half of my apps dont come from the market. IMO, it's not really worth the hassle to just fix my low quality left speaker from not working. Even though, I guess the resale value of my tablet isn't going to be as good with this issue- but ah well. I got this thing for the long haul.

However, I can't stand how the tablet is set to do stereo sound (which is funny because the speakers are low enough quality that you can't even notice it really), and half the audio I play will try and play music/sounds/alarms through the left speaker when it doesn't work (causing silence to play instead of the sound).

Is there anyway to switch my L/R balance to be all the way to the right? Or a way to switch the sound to be completely mono? I'd prefer not rooting, since that has its own pains and I just don't want to deal with it if I can avoid doing so. But I guess I'm willing to root if I have to in order to fix this. It is pretty irrating.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Oddly, every single EQ listed there doesn't do what I need They are all only basic 5-band equilizers, almost identical feature wise. Makes me wonder if there's a hard limit to that thing in Android or maybe some guy somewhere made a really popular tutorial on how to add a 5-band equilizer app to android and everyone's just using that :P

But I know it must be possible because MoBo player supports this functionality in their app.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by korjax View Post
    Oddly, every single EQ listed there doesn't do what I need They are all only basic 5-band equilizers, almost identical feature wise. Makes me wonder if there's a hard limit to that thing in Android or maybe some guy somewhere made a really popular tutorial on how to add a 5-band equilizer app to android and everyone's just using that :P

But I know it must be possible because MoBo player supports this functionality in their app.
    There is a thread here (I think) that goes into deep detail how the audio channels work on these-- no, wait-- that's over at XDA (I think).

Anyway, there are actual text files which contain various numbers in them-- these numbers control the hardware limits and settings for the audio "engine". You can modify these files, to fix a whole host of issues, and one known issue in some of these, was a typo in one of the files-- an extra zero-- which rendered the affected hardware as having one speaker muted. A simple text editor...

... alas, unfortunately? These files are protected by Root privileges. You'd need to root to change or even copy over them, I'm afraid. But you could easily root your tab, fix the files as per XDA, then un-root it later, no harm done.

I think there's even a way to affect the left-right balance too. I'm sorry I do not have a link for you over at XDA, though.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_of_QF View Post
    There is a thread here (I think) that goes into deep detail how the audio channels work on these-- no, wait-- that's over at XDA (I think).

Anyway, there are actual text files which contain various numbers in them-- these numbers control the hardware limits and settings for the audio "engine". You can modify these files, to fix a whole host of issues, and one known issue in some of these, was a typo in one of the files-- an extra zero-- which rendered the affected hardware as having one speaker muted. A simple text editor...

... alas, unfortunately? These files are protected by Root privileges. You'd need to root to change or even copy over them, I'm afraid. But you could easily root your tab, fix the files as per XDA, then un-root it later, no harm done.

I think there's even a way to affect the left-right balance too. I'm sorry I do not have a link for you over at XDA, though.
    Bob, is it possible you're over thinking the problem?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Bob, is it possible you're over thinking the problem?
    To quote Delenn of Babylon 5? Absofrickinlutely!

leeshor likes this.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    14 times
    The volume on my 101 is poor at its best plus I am hard of hearing so I just use headsets with mine.

Not the answer your looking for but it works for me.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links