Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Stick with Asus Transformer or to go back with Ipad 2 ????

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Unhappy Stick with Asus Transformer or to go back with Ipad 2 ????

Have the TF now for 2 months, I really like the openness of Android but there's also a lot of problems as well with the OS like crashing apps all the time, or freakishly slow typing on web browser and most importantly not having enough optimized apps for Honeycomb. I'm getting really bored waiting for them if ever there will be any good quality apps will be available, also not to mention the TF's problem itself.

So. Lately, I've been thinking of going back to iPad 2 except that if I do, I know I'm going to miss the freedom of transferring files from and to my TF and my PC through the use of micro SD cards and the whole openness of the Android OS.
    I am really confused and can either go either way as I really love to hold on with my TF but I miss those excellent quality apps and the smoothness over all quality of the iPad 2.

I know this is a definitely wrong place to ask for advise but maybe it'll give a reason to decide to lean towards on keeping my TF or maybe some TF owners going thru same thing like me that would love to share stories....so guys. we need your advise....and keep them coming.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    I understand where your coming from... I'm a big Apple Fan. I have a Macbook Pro, IPhone and all my network gear is Apple.
    When it comes to Tablets, I chose to go with the TF. I, like you wanted a tablet that is open. I know the TF has it's problems NOW, but I do believe most will go away shortly. Remember, Apple has almost 2 years at this... Andriod apps ar coming and coming on strong...
    Just my opinion.. Good luck with your choice

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. I rarely have apps crash on me, and so far the TF has worked great. I admit the lag in this website's keyboard interface is horrid. (I don't get that on Facebook for example.) I do love the docking keyboard and I love the flexibility (just added 32Gb microSD card!), and the usb file transfer, the Android desktop. Hmmm. Your call, but maybe the crash issues are with bad apps or a virus.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    I think you will be bored with the iPad2 in time also. I think I would hold out, keep what you got and see what the next generation of iPad3 is like or TF2. It's just a few months away and time goes by fast.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    I totally understand as had both the ipad and ipad 2 and i got t on launch day. In fact my wife has an ipad 2 now. I agree with you on the web lag and lack of apps for sure. I personally made a 6 month commitment to this device when i decided to change over and so it's 2 down and 4 to go. By then we should see 3.2 and probably 4.0 and bless their little hearts some accessories and some more apps. So if typing on the web still sucks, and i can't find a charging cable, and no NetFlix and Skype with video well then I feel like 6 months was long enough on my part so I'll seriously step back and look at all the other options.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    All the other options is just Apple correct? Are the other Android Tablets going through growing pains like the Asus?
    Last edited by mrumm49; 07-02-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    jeffrey...thank your for the input. The problem is I'm not even an Apple fan at all, however having a luxury of experiencing the iPad2 and TF at the same time I can really tell who's got the edge when in comes to quality and who likes to be controlling versus the freedom of being able to do on what I want for the tablet that I already owned.
    I just wish that Android could have polished their OS a little better and have a bit more quality apps so I wouldn't have to have this dilemma.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrumm49 View Post
    All the other options is just Apple correct?
    No way my friend. I used to be read big into Palm Pilots back in the day and they were coming out with a 7" tablet about 5 years ago but I forget the name of it but it tanked out. Oh it was the Folio. Anyway here is something that caught my eye just yesterday. Don't laugh.

HP webOS, Touchpad, Veer, Pre3
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I am probably going to sound like a broken record, but I hope you give it just a bit more time. I get VERY frustrated with my wife's iPad 2 because it is so restricted. If I want to play an avi file from my PC I can just browse to it and download to my TF. For her, I have to convert to MP4 and then plug in the iPad to transfer. I do like the smoothness of iOS at times and the browser lag is not there. I do rather enjoy the Flash capabilities from time to time. Apps are coming...slowly. I hope Netflix and Skype are here soon.

Best of luck with your decision.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    mrumm49....I envy your patience, here I am only 2 months so far with TF, but itching to go back to iPad 2 already. I wish I can be like you as when I get disappointed, I get turn off right away but man this is so hard and it's killing me....and what kills me most is that fact that Android's lack of quality and problems all the problems with the OS is driving me back to apple which I'm not even a fan.....all I want is a simple tablet that works...is this too much to ask or maybe tablets in general are not ready or too new to dump my windows notebook.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links