Like Tree1Likes

Thread: couple questions.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

couple questions.

soo... hi haha....

but on a real note... iam new in the tablet market... (dont own one yet but looking at the hottest ones right now...minus ipad2.....) and iam honestly loving what the TF and GT 10.1 is offering ....but iam really nervous and curious what i read that the TF has alot of screen issues... can anyone clarify and how bad of a issue it is... i saw a thread on it..but i suck with the search bar.....me being 19...479.99 is a huge eater into a young boys wallet haha... and i want a good investment like around a year plus...more be great...but effn technology and how fast it is nowadays....but yeah ...iam hoping i would get honest answer from real owners...real daily users..not some cheap biased reviewer.... and is it true that TF2 will be out in a couple months.. if so should i wait or just get the TF..?

thanks and sorry if iam breaking any type of posting rules...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Welcome to the forum kLutchh!!! I can guarantee there are more people happy than unhappy with the TF. The unhappy ones are always gonna be more vocal though. I am not gonna lie. There are many people who have light leak to some degree. Some can deal with it and some can't. I have it on mine but it isn't enough for me to not enjoy the TF. The best thing I can tell you is buy one somewhere that it is easy to return. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Newegg, etc... Try it out and see if you like it. Just don't look for anything wrong or look for things that you have read. Be your own judge. I am sure you will really like it. Best bang for the buck tablet out there.

If you want a tablet now go for it. If you try to chase technology you will never own anything. Nothing is concrete on the TF2. It is rumor and speculation at this time.

As far as the Samsung it is a nice tablet but lacks SD card and USB support. Major deal breaker for me.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    I paid $499 for my 32GB so right away you are saving 20 bucks. But to make this a complete package save up for the Keyboard Docking Station. That is what really sets the Transformer apart from the rest of the pack. And it looks like you are about to order from NewEgg with that $479 price. They have a good return policy in case of defects etc. We are so happy with ours. We have the light leaks that Garemlin mentions but they are so minor I didn't even notice until I read about them here on the forum. I think you will really enjoy the Transformer and will have a hard time putting it down.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    kLutchh, I have had mine for a month. It has 2 light leaks that can only be seen if you have a black screen in a pitch black room. IMO it blows the iPad 2 away (which my wife has) Because of the Bluetooth mouse function, XViD playback, network file transfer from PC and Mac, and the sweet keyboard dock. Then throw in the micro SD and Flash capability, it is just awesome. About once a day my wife runs across a video she can't play so she asks me to pull it up. I also have the left speaker issue that I could fix if I decide to root it but I'm hoping ASUS fixes it with a firmware update soon.

Like the others have said before, don't chase technology. Get it and try it. If you really hate it then return it. I bet you $1 that you won't. :-)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    had mine for month and a half and im addicted. dont buy it unless u can afford rehab too.
    Frederuco likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    wow.. yeah iam honest to god most likely going to get teh TF after all your guys feedback and the amount of reviewsand hands on... thanks alot... you guys are a real helpful community... i cant say teh same for the GT forums tho -___-"..... but yea... iam joinin the TF family guys.... thanks alot =)

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kLutchh View Post
    wow.. yeah iam honest to god most likely going to get teh TF after all your guys feedback and the amount of reviewsand hands on... thanks alot... you guys are a real helpful community... i cant say teh same for the GT forums tho -___-"..... but yea... iam joinin the TF family guys.... thanks alot =)

Congrats man!!! I am sure you will enjoy it. I know you say you are a college student so money is of concern. Have you thought about just getting a 16GB and getting a decent size SD card??? Would save ya a little money. You need to think about if you really need the 32GB model. It is $100 saved.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I agree with Garemlin. Most of the space on my TF is videos which play beautifully from the micro SD. I haven't tried music but I have a 16 GB iPod for music. 32GB micro SD cards go for about 50 currently.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    And for music there are several options for cloud service out there now. Namely Amazon and Google. Both give you 5GB for free to start. And with Amazon if you buy a full mp3 CD (for as cheap as .99) you a free upgrade to 20GB for a year.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    so after i posted that.. i went to my nearest bestbuy..and got it for 432.!!!!! the 16gb one... i was like isnt it 499 hahah and eh is like they are on sale...so iam hella happy... havent opened it up yet... but ahhh the excitement!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links