Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Docking keyboard for TF101

I have a TF101 and was looking to get the keyboard dock. I was wondering with the release of docks 201 and 300, are all the docks universal, or because I own a TF101 I need that dock? The reason I am asking is I was going to get my wife one as well, but if I get her a newer version, then I would need to keyboards, where if there were universal could get by with just 1 shared between them when needed.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    486 times
    Unfortunately they are all different.

There are bluetooth keyboards that would work with any or all of them though.
    Last edited by MikeM; 05-12-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Do the bluetooth keyboards offer any sort of USB ports for connecting say a mouse or external drive or will that only come via the dock. Keyboard is not so much a need being the screen is touch, but the ability to connect a flash drive or external would be useful.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    486 times
    The only alternative without the ASUS dock is their proprietary USB adapter that plugs into the charging port.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the feedback. Think I will stick with the dock. Like the concept of it and being it was one of the primary reasons I got it, do not want to stray away. Will see how my wife likes it and worst case; not like the keyboard docks are a arm and a leg.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    I initially bought my Transformer with a Dock it for the typing convenience AND the fact it had an additional battery, two USB Ports an a SD port but find I rarely, if at all, use these. On top of this I recently went on Holiday and to save weight, left the Dock behind and to my surprise I manged well enough without it.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Culagh View Post
    I initially bought my Transformer with a Dock it for the typing convenience AND the fact it had an additional battery, two USB Ports an a SD port but find I rarely, if at all, use these. On top of this I recently went on Holiday and to save weight, left the Dock behind and to my surprise I manged well enough without it.
    Agreed I just seem to use my dock as a charging point or for occasional transfer via USB stick
    In a world without walls who needs Gates and windows.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Culagh View Post
    Same here. I rarely use it.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    148 times
    On the flip side, I never leave home without the dock attached-- I have a nice Swiss Case to put it it (it's designed for a 10" notebook/laptop, and fits the tablet + dock perfectly) and a few accessories (like the car charger, screen cloth, etc and of course, reading glasses).

I like that the dock acts like a reading stand for the tablet, holding it at the perfectly angle to avoid glare-- an angle which changes from eatery to eatery, so having the ability to infinitely adjust the angle is a real plus.

I only wish I had a waterproof case for the whole, in case of accidental spills during lunch... but none such exist that would contain both.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got my Transformer (TF101) in the fall, and my dock in January. Once I got the dock they were rarely separated, but lately I've been putting more emphasis on using the tablet as a table. OTOH, I've also started working on convincing my boss that he should ditch his iPad for a Transformer+Dock combo that I think would better suit his needs. I really like the flexibility that the dock provides, and consider it superior to a separate Bluetooth keyboard due to all of the dedicated function keys that are really useful. Either way, the Transformer is a nice product.

DaveL

Ads