Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

...battery life?

I've heard lots of talk from others about how great the battery life is when the TF isn't active. If I leave mine in sleep mode (screen just locked and turned off) overnight it'll drain a significant amount of the battery, but I've heard others say theirs only drops a few percent. Am I doing something differently? Is there a more low-power mode that doesn't involve shutting it down that I don't know about? I don't want to shut it down overnight because the whole reason I got this was so I could have an instant-on device handy.

Secondary question: Holding power and volume up or volume down does different things. I believe one is a hard reboot and one is a factory reset - could someone please confirm which is which so I don't accidentally reset the device when I'm trying to reboot it after an app locks it up? I've never had a need to do a hard reset before but I'm paranoid that I'll erase everything if I do suddenly have to. ^_^

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Same here. Leaving it in sleep mode causes it to run out within 2 days

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    To do a hard reset (nothing erased) Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Down volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

To do a factory reset (everything erased) Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Up volume button and let it reboot. Or you can also do this easier thru the menu settings.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    To do a hard reset (nothing erased) Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Down volume button again and let it reboot. If you own the dock be sure and do this with the dock connected.

To do a factory reset (everything erased) Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off and Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together for 6-10 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Up volume button and let it reboot. Or you can also do this easier thru the menu settings.
    Do you have this as an auto response? LOL...Seems like it gets posted numerous times daily.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry if it's been posted a lot. I didn't look through posts for that one like I do for other things I ask. All I need to remember is "volume down" and I'll be good. ^_^

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    That's why Mickey is the best! His patience goes way above the call of duty!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links