Thread: Battery Replacement?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times

Battery Replacement?

Can anyone shed light on what the battery replacement process will be on the Transformer? I haven't seen it listed as a user replaceable battery so I was wondering if there is any word from Asus on the procedure or the expected lifespan of the battery. Anyone lucky enough to have gotten one already seen anything in the manuals about battery life/replacement?

Wyn
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Replacement batteries for the Asus eee pad - any news anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Giarcus View Post
    Can anyone shed light on what the battery replacement process will be on the Transformer? I haven't seen it listed as a user replaceable battery so I was wondering if there is any word from Asus on the procedure or the expected lifespan of the battery. Anyone lucky enough to have gotten one already seen anything in the manuals about battery life/replacement?
    I have searched everywhere I can think of, but have seen nothing on replacement batteries for the TF101. Some illumination on this would be greatly appreciated.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    It's like most of the other tablets out on the market (except for Toshiba I think), and has non-user replaceable batteries. So we'll have to wait for the hackers to come up with a way to replace them, or send to Asus to have them take care of it.

Sent from BumbleBee, aka my Asus Transformer TF101 (it's more than meets they eye), using Tapatalk.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    870 times
    The Transformer battery is not consumer-replaceable...you have to call ASUS and send it to them (no fret - its under warranty if you're having a problem this quickly).

I have not read many users having a problem with the battery. I have read (on this site) of a few folks who intially had issues charging their unit the first time, and also a very few cases of a bad AC Adaptor.

Make sure you have everything connected well and properly. Disconnecting the USB end of the power adaptor and reconnecting is one option if you are having issues. Also...search for "battery problem" here, and see the other advice.
    Wyn likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well if the question is "What will i do with my tablet after the battery is no longer viable?". I don't know if we can find the battery for sale as a spear part but till then we can find the same battery in the docking station, so we can change the tablet battery with the docking station one. This require some skill so i you dont know what you are doing ask someone who do.Here is how to disassemble the tab.

It's safe if you know what your doing.

Do it at your own risk!!

Enjoy.

Ads