Like Tree15Likes

Thread: My AWESOME tf101

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times

Cool My AWESOME tf101

Hello to everyone in this forum,

I want to share with you my experience with my tf101. I'm a member for a few months, but I do not post (I believe I had posted just once since) as this forum has more than able people helping those in need. By reading the posts in this forum I thought that I have a completely different device - few random reboots and few more problems not worth mentioning at all, except my bulldog ate usb cable - but thats not up to Asus I guess.
    I won't bother you with my expertise in tech (IT sector employed) or my employment history (not Asus employed )- only that I'm experienced Android and iOS problem solver and developer. To the point...

Cannot believe that there are so many people having problems with tf101 in here and some of them are just negative or lazy. I had serviced more than 10. tf101 - not a single tf had the problem you had - few hardware problems and more user problems. Since I bought tf 101 it was slow comparing to my galaxy s2 or wife's iPad 2, but that was remedied since the ICS update and I'm proud to say that it is faster than the iPad 2 and almost as fast as my rooted galaxy s2 (tf rooted then unrooted). But it has one thing that those two product do not have - an awesome keyboard and wooow a 2. usb ports I use it for work, pleasure and to show off :P. I have made it more than functional for work installing few RD applications, network tools and ALMOST full linux terminal. I now plan to by another tf just in case I lose this one by dropping it on the ground as there is no way that something else disables this rock solid device (well... maybe water or electricity...).

People having problems with tf in here often point out that they would not have those problems if they had iPad - loool . More than 100. iPad's have passed through my hands and some of them stayed for weeks with me - and I have to say only one to them - You cannot be more wrong saying that!!! Only thing I miss from iPad is a slightly better sound and few apps.

Crashes, lockups, hardware failures (not literal - only caused by OS drivers) are NORMAL to new devices and OS'es. And if you haven't had none of them with some other device - I must say that you were really lucky as I am with my tf - this is normal thing in IT industry almost since the beginnings. I advise you that you should be patient and try googling for your self or carefully (cannot stress out how carefully is important) read through this forum. Trolling around and not doing anything but being negative is not going to help you - take a stroll or punch the bag to get out that energy... again cr..ing is not going to help you.

To make a summary - this is a great product and you can do so many things with it if you know what you want. It has issues I'm not denying it but also all other IT products have it - I would love to see some of you post that you had not a single problem with some IT related device as this is impossible or you did not use it too much or for more advanced tasks.

Text written easily on my AWESOME tf101 using shortcuts (ctrl+c; ctrl+v; alt+tab....) all while uploading via ssh, listening music on my external drive and ocassionaly checking torrent progress on my 150 miles away computer. Yes... I could to that aswell on an 10. year old laptop... also that 10. year old or new laptop would run out of battery, my shoulder would hurt by carrying it or windows will have some problems...... and the list goes on.... there is no perfect device!!!!!!

Best wishes to all those that are trying to solve their problems and being positive about it.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Thanks for the great post Atreyo.I seem to be with you. Little to no problems with my TF. You mentioned you have not had many posts. Do us a favor and jump in more often.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Well said. It is great to hear from someone who has so few issues. Most users come to forums to complain about how bad something is rather than how good it is.

Cheers

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Thank you so much for your truthful and positive post, Atreyo! All we are trying to do is get the most out of our respective Transformers. So many of us now have our Transformers humming quite nicely with ICS. Yes, it took some steps to get them that way but the end result was worth it.
    Last edited by mrumm49; 04-28-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    I had a problem with the keyboard dock battery. It was repaired under warranty FAST and without fuss. In spite of the problem with the battery I am still very happy with my Transformer TF101 and would not swap it for three iPads, which don't have USB, SD hdmi keyboad doc with extra battery etc etc. The other criticism of Android tablets vs iPads is the lack of Apps. This is unfair too. I have not had a problem that I could not find an App for so far, including remote log in to work, which requires a Citrix virtual desktop connection (that's a pretty specific and niche requirement, I think - yet there it was Citrix Receiver... a free download!).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Thank you for positive replies... will try to post more comments and good posts however I cannot guarantee as I'm a very busy man.... Criticism can be really good - however useless ranting and whining will not, except only to the one that is ranting or whining but again I must point out that it is better to take a stroll or punch a bag few times and then approach the problem differently. Again cheers for all the positive comments.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garcij1964 View Post
    It was repaired under warranty FAST and without fuss.
    That's always been my experience with Asus warranty service, and was the second most compelling reason for me to buy a transformer to begin with. My last Asus product was a 12.1" netbook, and the screen died just before the end of my 30 day return period, but I was out of the country and wasn't able to do anything until I got home. I spent about 5 minutes with their support staff, got an RMA number and shipping instructions, and sent it out 2 days after I got back to the US. Even though I had formatted the HDD and installed Ubuntu on it, they had no problems what so ever in replacing the LCD and getting it back to me very quick. If memory serves, it was only 10 days or so from when I shipped it out to when the UPS guy gave it back.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    What a breath of fresh air Thank you for posting - as Jeffrey says, post more, post more

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    41 times
    I echo Frederucos' sentiments entirely.

Unfortunately it is human nature to publicize real or imagined problems but not feel it necessary to post their satisfaction with any product including the TF. No matter how good any product is (such as the Asus TF) there will always be some complaints. In the case of the TF the number would be considerably reduced if the complainants had followed two simple rules:

1. Check out the product before you buy. Does it do what you require of it? Is it superior to the competition?
    2. Have the patience to find out how to use it before telling everyone how useless it is. That is what instruction manuals, videos, and this forum are for.
    Asus TF101 16GB B60 with keyboard docking
    Samsung Galaxy Note WiFi 10.1
    Desktop PC, Windows 7
    Yamaha Tyros 4 K/B 9 (Music)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I too am a well satisified tf101 owner. I've had it since Xmas 2011. I am a previous iPad owner with no problems. I just wanted to see what Android was all about. I did my homework and ended up with a great system. I do alot of work with PDFs, MS Office docs, watch movies and do light movie editing (small clips and stop motion). The Transformer was great in the beginning and got even better with ICS. I thought disaster had struck when it got knocked off of a counter top (four feet high) and landed on a tile floor. Luckily nothing broke. However, the fall did jam the power switch. Asus said my warranty was voided because of the fall. I sent it in for repair and they fixed it for free and paid for return shipping. I had it back in four days after they received it. Great company, super customer service.

For those who have not tried it yet there is a great little browser program called Overskreen. It lets you have multiple resizable floating windows for a great multi- tasking experience. I know, you probably all already know it but I just recently got the program and have been blown away. Can't do that kind of work on my lPad.

All of you who provide us newbies with help, THANKS and keep up the great work. It is appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links