Like Tree15Likes

Thread: My AWESOME tf101

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Many many people (including me) looking at this forum when they have problems or questions. I subscribed long time back and don't really find a reason to get back mainly because my TF work just fine. Until I have problem upgrading it (and start thinking not to get another asus products). Honestly I was looking for samsung before, but it was banned at that time, and found the review of TF101was good.

This is a good initiative and would be interesting to know overall experiences from other users. My main concern before was the screen respond that bit laggy (3.0) but after the upgrade 3.2 then 4.0 (and maybe factory reset) it is better now. I just an average user, but I love the home screen, customization the way I like (swipepad, Swype half keyboard or hacker keyboard, dolphin with lastpass), connection with my NAS, the multi tasking, I switch application a lot for notetaking and web searching. I use it mainly for gmail, gcalendar and the web. Still bit straggling with document editor (use quickoffice) and photo editor (looking at photoshop touch now) I usually looking for an apps that have web sync, so I can have backup and can be access from my phone as well (gdoc, flick note, evernote, due today, dropbox) and would try to find good stylus for handwriting apps and a way to do live streaming. The size, portability and speed, it is just so so convenient to use than a laptop, maybe not for all kind of job but it works for many things.
    I use samsung galaxy S2 which I am happy with (btw it also has wifi bug on ICS) and iphone 4 from work for office mail and call.
    TF101, B50, 16Gb, ICS 4.0.3, Build IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.21-20120413.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm with alot of you, I haven't had any major problems with my TF101 at all, had the odd, glitch or lag but what product doesn't have that?

Haven't had mine long enough to know what the earlier Android hardware was like but I get on just fine with the 4.0.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The old axiom, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is true in forums as well. Most people only post to forums when they have a problem, but if you think of the millions of units that have been sold compared to the hundreds of complaints here our TF's come out looking pretty good. Pretty much every electronic product sold has a forum and if you check them out it look like everything, ever sold is rubbish! . I have had a few minor issues with a random reboot and sound diving out on me, all fixed with a reboot, hmmm sounds like every P.C. I've ever owned.
    ASUS Transformer 32GB Tablet B60 Build Number HTK75-US
    DOCK B70 Dock Version:- EP101-0213
    Samsung Captivate Galaxy s

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Slarti View Post
    The old axiom, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is true in forums as well. Most people only post to forums when they have a problem, but if you think of the millions of units that have been sold compared to the hundreds of complaints here our TF's come out looking pretty good. Pretty much every electronic product sold has a forum and if you check them out it look like everything, ever sold is rubbish! . I have had a few minor issues with a random reboot and sound diving out on me, all fixed with a reboot, hmmm sounds like every P.C. I've ever owned.
    Haha, true true.

Every PC anyone has ever owned needs a reboot every once in a while. Despite what apple wants you to think, every mac occasionally needs a reboot to solve glitches. Heck, even ereaders need occasional reboots.

Then all of a sudden the tablet came around and now some people demand to have a perfect computing device.

If you go to ipad forums and snoop around, you would think that apple sold millions of rubbish. Everything from freezes to reboots to wifi problems to micro-sdcard slot problem where people try to cram in 2 cards into a single slot... oh wait... scratch that last one
    Last edited by goodintentions; 05-09-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    I'm with the original poster: Ive had my eeeeeeeeeepad for 3 weeks now ....love it to bits
    no issues, other than a couple of apps not running too well.

love the screen, love the sound, love the battery life, love the ease of use

got it set up the way I like it now and can do seemingly anything I want on it: connect flash drives, external hard drives, phone, use wifi, bluetooth etc.
    got my satnav on it, lots of photos and motorcycle manuals so I can work on bikes etc. in the garage, without tripping over wires

awesome piece of kit

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    I think TF101 is OK. I'm starting to not like the build quality but oh well. I love Android and think ICS is great and aside from a random reboot here and there my TF101 has been great.

My problem is with Asus as a company. I for see many problems in the future. Asus is not some huge company and their bread and butter has been motherboards and now they have 6 tablets slated for construction all within 12 months of each other... I just think they are going to mess up big some where and the prime kinda proved it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post
    I think TF101 is OK. I'm starting to not like the build quality but oh well. I love Android and think ICS is great and aside from a random reboot here and there my TF101 has been great.

My problem is with Asus as a company. I for see many problems in the future. Asus is not some huge company and their bread and butter has been motherboards and now they have 6 tablets slated for construction all within 12 months of each other... I just think they are going to mess up big some where and the prime kinda proved it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    I feel the same, they have opportunity to make it big with one single device without problems, that they build on and uppgrade once every year. I may not be the bigfest fan of apple but one device at a time is much more prefered then three devices. Asus tableta are like a company front where sucess is excibited by multiple product releases. It's sad. It could be a play to impress stock share holders. Its not a good way of doing things

Skickat från min Transformer TF101 via Tapatalk 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought my TF101 in Feb. of this year. I looked at tablets for a while, but had never heard of Asus until I bought my TF101. The salesman did some selling of the product, but as soo as I saw her I wanted it, it was very for better words sexy to me, being a female, I loved it. It worked fine for about a month and then the ICS update came out and it went from taking longer to power on, to not coming on at all. Asus thought maybe it was the charger, sent me a new one, still nothing, so they asked me to send the tablet in. I was very skeptical, mainly because of the horror stories I had read regarding their RMA process, but it was doing me no good as a paperweight so I sent it in, I got an email yesterday that she is back on her way home and I hope for one its still in mint condition and two that she works, I absolutely love it and can't wait to customize her and see what all she can do, by reading these forums, I see she can do way more than I even thought was imagineable. So yes, dissapointed in the breakdown so soon after purchase, but I have hope that Asus stands by their product and does me right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links