Like Tree15Likes

Thread: My AWESOME tf101

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    I never had any problems with my tf101 until ics. Well except honeycomb lag. But then again I got mine from someone at a top position at asus sweden

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trossey View Post
    For those who have not tried it yet there is a great little browser program called Overskreen. It lets you have multiple resizable floating windows for a great multi- tasking experience. I know, you probably all already know it but I just recently got the program and have been blown away. Can't do that kind of work on my lPad.
    Hi Trossey, I have been looking for something like Overskreen... I'll try it!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trossey View Post
    For those who have not tried it yet there is a great little browser program called Overskreen. It lets you have multiple resizable floating windows for a great multi- tasking experience. I know, you probably all already know it but I just recently got the program and have been blown away. Can't do that kind of work on my lPad.

All of you who provide us newbies with help, THANKS and keep up the great work. It is appreciated.
    Yup... also there is Airterm floating terminal for those who use terminal a lot. Also useful for developers.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    It's human nature to always think the other side of the fence has it better.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well said i love my TF101 as well
    Transformer Rulze

GGS
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    I love it!

My keyboard had to go back a month or so after I bought my TF101, and the turnaround was very quick.

Never a problem since.

Thanks to the Forum and all the great help - just in case - and for all those who have had problems.

Nice to hear a positive, well-supported post! Yes!!!
    Asus Transformer TF101B1 (32 GB) & Docking Station (since July 2011 - and still learning)
    HTC EVO 4G (Sprint; since June 2010); unlimited data; still nothing better on the market
    HP Desktops (2), very plain and fairly old, running WinXP :>}

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Haven't had that many problems with mine either. After ICS update I did a full backup and factory reset. I've had a couple of resets, but infrequent enough not to bother me. Had problems with watching video streamed from my NAS box, but installing MX player and codecs solved that. Loving it all round really, and 8 months later, still loving my little transformer. Another happy customer here.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I love my tf101 as well, and I'm happy to see others that feel the same way. My tf101 is not completely issue-free; so,I totally understand the frustration expressed throughout this forum... But luckily, the problems are not so severe that the tablet is not usable. It still allows me to do everything that I want it to do. I love it. I didn't do the FR before the latest update, but the update appears to have helped, anyway. Based on the advice on this forum prior to the update, I have been using the auto airplane mode...and did not stop even after the update. Thanks to everyone with helpful advice... Sorry to those that are not enjoying their tf101's!

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    regardless of the reboots, every uppdate makes my tf101 better, now wifi is stronger than before, browsing is faster and soon it will hopefully be reboot free!

Hope that google android will reach a close to ipad stability without the need of lockdown and closed file system. Then there will be no question left who is the king of mobile operative system. Right now I would see like to see faster pdf browsing and less force closes. But I think the apps that force close will be reduced when they all reach ICS combatiblity.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Good on you!!!

I agree totally, some people really do give up too easy and look for any excuse to jump ship to newer technology whilst totally dissing out the manufacturer of the former product.

I also work in an IT related field for a well known brand which runs head to head with a few other leading manufacturers. The demands placed on tech companies to deliver more product, faster and cheaper is skyrocketing. Implementing new technologies, especially software dependant ones, is a tricky business. There's a fine line between delivering latest state-of-the-art and "missing the boat". You just can't have the best of everything!

Sometimes, as a consumer, you might feel let down by a certain product and because it doesnt serve your purpose, isn't reliable or not what you expected. It can happen to anyone with any product or manufacturer. The two most important things which help in these situations are fellow users of that product and support from the manufacturer. When I look around the TF community, I believe I see a fair quantity of both, but keep in mind, we are minority(eg. not Apple) users and problems may not be resolved as quickly as they could.

Personally, I find my TF101 to be great! I don't care about it's little bugs here and there, I know they can be eventually fixed and the fact that it's still getting plenty of backup from Asus is great confidence for me, especially considering how many other products they have to support. I once owned an iPhone 3gs, at first I thought it was great, but soon I realised it was quite restricting for my needs. I felt oppressed by not being able to access my device without installing itunes or syncing music without converting etc... Jailbreaking gave me a little more room to move but made my device a little unstable, it's the price your pay. My partner feels the same about her iPad 2 and she definitely hasnt been immune to software bugs herslef. But if you want stability, you only get to do exactly what the manufactuer decides you can do with your device, thats Apple.

Android is not this way, its an infant software technology used on many platforms of devices which is still evolving. It's often released premature with as many features possible and the bugs patched along the way, not much different to Microsoft if you think about it. IOS has been around for a while now and has a solid base of quality developers and support. It was released in its earlier days with minimal features but stable.

I think people need to understand these differences and decide what they want to be with their device... Trendy-Cool??... Geek-Cool?? ... Practical?? Enthusiast?? Developer??

Anyway... I digress, lighten up people and enjoy this unique device ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links