Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ASUS EeePad Transformer manual/usb drivers/sync software

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Nearly crying

Quote Originally Posted by noobie View Post
    Download and install Microsoft user mode driver framework. Then reinstall the usb driver(MTP driver).
    Worked for me on Windows XP pro.
    Let me know if you have any troubl. This is a 738kb file from Microsoft.
    This a Microsoft thing and relates to MTP support.
    Thank you really a lot... Never felt myself so silly and helpless. Believe me or not: I can't find that file to download! All my searches get down to some crappy site where I can only get Windows Driver Kit in full (nearly 700 Mb; surely not what I need). What am I doing wrong?..
    Getting really up the wall with this problem that I never expected to be so large.
    Thank you anyway for the advice but if you know where to procure the file please tell me!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CathayStray View Post
    Thank you really a lot... Never felt myself so silly and helpless. Believe me or not: I can't find that file to download! All my searches get down to some crappy site where I can only get Windows Driver Kit in full (nearly 700 Mb; surely not what I need). What am I doing wrong?..
    Getting really up the wall with this problem that I never expected to be so large.
    Thank you anyway for the advice but if you know where to procure the file please tell me!
    Sorry for the delayed response... I think i know how you feel. I spent all weekend fretting over this one.
    Finally found this page: A service installation section in the INF is invalid - CNET Miscellaneous laptop discussions Forums
    If you feel like a lot of reading.
    Else, this link (shown in the page) : http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=71641&/umdf.exe
    should get you a download for the .exe file.
    - Plug in your transformer
    - Pull up the Device Manager
    - Since the transformer is plugged in, you will see a MTP device under Portable Devices with the "familiar" yellow exclamation mark
    - Now install the umdf file you downloaded
    - Then update the bad driver and point it at the USB driver you downloaded from ASUS (the one under the MTP folder)
    This should do it. Should install properly and evertime you plug it in it will show up as another drive.
    (You can also, uninstall the bad driver. Unplug your transformer. Install the umdf. Then plug in the transformer, and when prompted point it at the driver under the MTP folder from the USB drivers you downloaded from ASUS.)

The download from microsoft is 738kb.
    The USB drivers from ASUS are from the transformer webpage...Downloads....Then I picked Windows XP and downloaded the USB drivers from the GLOBAL mirror. Extract the files and point at the MTP folder when required.

Let me know how it goes.
    Enjoy.....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry for the delayed response...
    Let me know how it goes.
    Enjoy.....
    Thank you SO much! There was no delay in fact, we're in anti-phase, my night is your daytime. I'm anchored in China.
    I downloaded the file, will take care of it after work today, thank you really really a million.

Hey ASUS guys, are you happy you created such a timewasting puzzle for so many people across the world?

I wonder if anyone tried to connect a TF's cable to a USB flashcard simply through a double-female coupler... Probably I'm way too optimistic to hope it might work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Enjoy.....
    Oooops. Seems I won't even be able to use your help.

My Asus TF is going back to the shop coming Friday. I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to get a refund or give it one more try and take a replacement, but the fact is that my TF stopped turning on. (Known issue. I checked the forums later - there are more than a few guys having same problems, so...)
    Well, to be precise it turns on but doesn't boot. The Eee Pad ASUS screen appears, then the ASUS logo comes - and this ASUS logo rolls over and over a thousand times.
    I tried to turn it off by long-pressing power button - OK, it turns off and immediately restarts in exactly the same way. Took me an hour to figure out that it'd finally turn off only if I press and keep the power button + the volume up rocker.

This steak came out too rare; the idea is a revolution as well as the one that is coming right behind the Transformer (a tablet with a dock for an Android telephone which acts as an access point) and seriously bravo, ASUS, I admire this design and the whole new concept of modular tablets.
    But I prefer things a bit more done. Probably half a year later would be the best time for buying ASUS tablets, those who buy them now are just volunteering for testing and debugging... not my way and not my intention.

ASUS Eee TF is a fine idea, but still just an idea. I understand that ASUS had to throw it out into the market in spring because of upcoming exhibitions and whatever other marketing reasons but to a simple customer who wants to have a simple one-hand-driven tablet there are quite a few underwater rocks.

Having said all this, I repeat that I am still not sure I will claim cash return on Friday, I might decide to get a replacement. Eee Pad TF does have its appeal. My Mrs says I should wait till autumn. Which point prevails, I will see on Friday.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    why is the pc suite a rar file and what should i use to install it?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebake View Post
    why is the pc suite a rar file and what should i use to install it?
    You can use 7-zip. Free program.
    Although, you do not need pc suite if all you want is the usb drivers.download the usb drivers. When prompted by windows, point it at the MTP folder in the downloaded file structure.
    I did not find it useful.
    My 2 cents.
    Last edited by noobie; 06-09-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You can use 7-zip. Free program.
    Although, you do not need pc suite if all you want is the usb drivers.
    I did not find it useful.
    My 2 cents.
    what all do you even need it for? And also what do I use to backup my transformer to my pc? Never used an android device before..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebake View Post
    what all do you even need it for? And also what do I use to backup my transformer to my pc? Never used an android device before..
    Just Asus Sync, whichis used to sync to windows contacts,etc.
    And Asus cloud stuff,and splashtop server if you want to use it.

Once you hookup the xformer to the pc you can access all your files on it just like a thumb drive and can copy files back and forth.

I am new to android as well and dont know if there is a good backup utility. Should google this.....
    Good luck. I will update if i find anything useful...unless someone else responds sooner.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Solved

THANK YOU!! you just saved my day )

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Here's the question (and answer) of the day on this topic:

How many of you that are (unsuccesfully) trying to sync the Transformer with you PC are using a USB cable between your docking station USB port and the PC USB port?

[Answer] Try unplugging the USB cable end from the AC Power Adapter, and then plugging in that end into your PC...bet it works.

Note: Since the keyboard dock has 2 USB ports...one would think that you would simple connect a Male/Male USB calbe between the two devices...but that would make too much sense. Wonrg answer - you use the USB end of the power adapter for all sync activity.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links