Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Had my transformer less than 24 hours and big problem!!!! help.....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    @jojobou- How bout a step by step for those of us who want to be adventurous? And what did the update do for you that you didn't have with the stock? Any differences? Thanks!
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Actually, when the Transporter shipped, it did not have the MyCloud app which came in a later version of the firmware so that was a big change. Other than that, there's not much cosmetic change although I hear it does help some video problems and green screen when using the camera.

The file WW SKU_Firmware Update SOP towards the bottom of the "firmware" menu of the support.asus site is actually a well made step by step guide. All you have to do is find what version of the update you need (The SOP explains how to. it was US for me) and download the correct version.

You then unzip this file and put the ASUS directory in the root directory of an microSD card.

When you put the card back into the Transformer it will automatically detect the presence of an update and give you an icon in the tray. Just touch that Icon and it will ask you if you want to update.

Just make sure you have more than 50% charge before doing it. It takes about 10 minutes. It shuts down and turns back on a couple of times sometimes staying locked on a screen for some time which made me panic a bit... don't...

Hope this helps, not sure I'm making this clear.

I'm not a tecky person and I found it easy to do. Don't hesitate to ask questions and I'll answer if I know the answer...

JoŽl.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Here's the text (copied-pasted) from that SOP manual. You should read the original though as there are pictures...

Update Launcher SOP (For end user.)

1. Please download the Update Launcher file from ASUS Support Site.
    Please make sure to download the correct Build on your Eee Pad.
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download
    2. Please unzip the .zip file and you will find an “ASUS” folder in it.
    3. Please copy the “ASUS” folder to the root directory of MicroSD card.
    4. While your Eee Pad Transformer TF101 is on, insert the MicroSD card with “ASUS” folder.
    5. Then you will see below “exclamation mark” at the bottom of home screen next to clock.
    6. Touch ‘exclamation mark’ to open the pop-up message ‘System Update File Detected’ shown as below.
    7. Touch “OK” and then you should be able to select the update file(The Update Package should be the
    same as the .zip you downloaded from ASUS Support site).
    8. Touch OK and you will see another pop-up message.
    Please make sure power cord is connected while proceeding system update.9. Press OK and you will see below pop-up message indicating your Eee Pad Transformer TF101 is shutting
    down.
    10. After Rebooted, there should be a message indicates that your Eee Pad Transformer TF101 has been
    successfully updated!! Congratulations!!
    *How to check SW version of your Eee Pad Transformer TF101?
    Path: SettingsAbout tabletBuild number
    You should be able to see the build number WW_epad-8.X.X.XX_2011xxxx, where “WW” means SKU,
    “8.X.X.XX” means SW version. You can only update your SW version on the Same SKU.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    jojobou -Great write-up. Well done and thank you! I might get adventurous and give it a try after all!

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Great! Keep us posted on your success!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Jojobou,

What am I missing here. I visit the site, I'm on the TF and I select XP for my OS. I then get three options: USB, Utilities and Manual. I don't see "Update Launcher" or "Firmware" listed here. It's prob something silly but I'm just not seeing it.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Since you are looking for the update to Android, you must select Android as your OS. You will then be able to download the firmware for the transformer. I downloaded it from windows, unzipped and put the folder on MicroSD card. Then I put my card in the transformer.

If you are on the Transformer, I'm not sure how you will get the file unzipped and the folder "ASUS" put on the Micro SD.

Does that answer your question?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I knew it was something silly. Thanks for setting me straight. I should be good from here.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Not that silly, some things on their site are quite confusing... Don't hesitate if you have other questions and keep us posted...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    Just started the update. I was expecting a large exclamation point on the screen. Mine was in shadow in the notification bar. You need to touch it to get the update going. Then follow the prompts. Very easy. Thanks again jojobou. Will post when done.
    Piece of cake! (Just make sure you have the correct update firmware.) Now running* US_epad-user-8.2.3.9*
    Last edited by buzzman; 05-13-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links