Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Had my transformer less than 24 hours and big problem!!!! help.....

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    What case was that you had? was it the official Asus case? glad everything worked out for you.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    It's a generic case for the xoom that was able to stretch the straps to fit the asus. it hangs out 1/2 inch on either side but fits top to bottom perfect. protects the screen and back well. Links under accessories thread.

After battery recharged it seems fine. Other than turning itself off randomly. Then hard to restart.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I hope random restarts aren't going to be a problem with the one I get. Maybe if it's a big enough problem though they'll quickly issue an update that solves the problem.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    Buzzman - Just curious, have you done the firmware update already?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    I have my cloud OOB so I think it is the latest. I posted the build number on another thread about update or mycloud.
    When I check it says i ve the latest under settings.

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    I have my cloud OOB so I think it is the latest. I posted the build number on another thread about update or mycloud.
    When I check it says i ve the latest under settings.
    If I'm finding the right post your build number is "I am cause I had my cloud installed- HRI66.US_epad-8.2.3.6-20110414". I don't have a Transformer yet (and getting frustrated) so I might not know what I'm talking about so if you have already researched this just disregard this post. But it looks to me that this would be firmware version 8.2.3.6. The firmware update on the Asus site is V8.2.3.9. You might want to check a little further if you haven't already just to make sure you have the most current firmware updates.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Firmware: V8.2.3.9 Only for US SKU
    Steps of Update:

1. Check SW version of your Eee Pad Transformer TF101*
    2. Download Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Firmware: V8.2.3.9 Only for US SKU and Update Launcher SOP WW
    3. Please follow the steps in the SOP manual to update the firmware.

※Firmware update can not do *SKU conversion*. Wrong SKU may cause update failure
    *How to check SW version of your Eee Pad Transformer TF101?

Path: [Settings]-->[About tablet]-->Build number
    Example: You should be able to see the build number US_epad-8.X.X.X_2011xxxx, where “US” means SKU.
    You can only update your SW version on the Same SKU.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    337 times
    @Giarcus - yeah- that's the correct post. I found what you posted about. I even downloaded a couple days before I had my tablet in hand.
    the file is sitting on my desktop. but this step- "3. Please follow the steps in the SOP manual to update the firmware. " I wasn't too sure about that-- I downloaded the manual but haven't read it yet. I just added it to my dropbox so I could put it on my tablet. Also the part about the bricking of tablets with update from asus got me a little nervous. Supposedly this update is not the culprit. I think I'll keep it stock till more people get to play and experiment.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    Yeah Buzzman, it won't hurt to play it safe as long as there are no Transformer issues you can't stand. I'd be glad to be the test subject if I could just get my hands on one!

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Giarcus View Post
    Yeah Buzzman, it won't hurt to play it safe as long as there are no Transformer issues you can't stand. I'd be glad to be the test subject if I could just get my hands on one!
    Yeah when mine comes in on Friday I'm going to try updating it if it doesn't already have the update on it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    @Giarcus - yeah- that's the correct post. I found what you posted about. I even downloaded a couple days before I had my tablet in hand.
    the file is sitting on my desktop. but this step- "3. Please follow the steps in the SOP manual to update the firmware. " I wasn't too sure about that-- I downloaded the manual but haven't read it yet. I just added it to my dropbox so I could put it on my tablet. Also the part about the bricking of tablets with update from asus got me a little nervous. Supposedly this update is not the culprit. I think I'll keep it stock till more people get to play and experiment.
    FYI: I updated mine and it was very easy to do. No issues at all.
    Giarcus likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links