Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Keyboard Friendly Browser? So far, none!!!

TTHankshis is my major issue with the transformer I have. The broswers just dont work well with th ekeyboard dock at all. It is either too laggy or the UI was completly optimized for touch-based browsing only - good luck getting a smooth typing experience in.

Any solutions? I am looking broswer that :

1. Doesn't lag when typing
    2. Doesn't hide the tabs or address bars when I am using it (all the ones based off mobile broswers do this and it drives me NUTS)
    3. Actually used keyboard shortcuts like ctrl+T or ctrl+z... super basic shortcuts that have been around for over 10 years are mysteriaiously missing from all honeycomb broswers it seems
    4.Doesnt, for some really STRANGE reason, decide to throws my typing that I was doing in a big text field into the adress bar because for some stupid reason the browswer decided I wanted to google search in the middle of typing an email.

Basically, a broswer that is actually made and works well on tablets, plus a keyboard... as is now, this thing is pretty much only useful for browsing the web.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    On the keyboard to the top left is a little square that has a slash through a square- that turns off your trackpad while typing. I usually find that in mouse settings on regular laptops, so that was really making me nuts too. There are some things you have to adjust to- no ctrl t, etc being some. you just have to hit the plus symbol in the browswer.

I have been using Maxthon as my browser lately. There is a little lag if you are a fast typist. Maxthon for tablets. The only thing I don't like about it is seeing "MaxthonPad" when it opens.
    Last edited by Pinkeee; 06-25-2011 at 08:16 AM.
    Excuse my typos. I'm typing with my thumbs. Aren't you?

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thhank that helped with the typing.

I tried maxathon but there was something about it that really turned me off, can't remmeber what exactly. Doesnt help that it is really ugly :\

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    This issue has nothing to do with browsers being "keyboard friendly." It's not a keyboard issue. It's almost certainly the Javascript engine behaving very badly and not playing well with text edit fields such as the one on this forum which fire off a lot of Javascript with every character typed. The problem is not with Asus, it's with Google.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    What moose said. Java intensive websites are the issue. Java is everywhere now and days. HTML5 will replace it, but even then it will take a long time to get rid of all the Java out there. That is why most sites have a "Mobile" version. Strips all the Java out.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    ^Strips out all functionality too...
    My summer time Motto... "When nature turns off the @#$%ing heat I'll turn off my @#$% A/C"

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Java intensive websites are the issue.
    You seem to be confusing Javascript and Java. Not the same thing at all. They're not even distantly related. HTML5 replaces neither Java nor Javscript. And "mobile" sites don't drop all Javascript, they drop Javascript-based effects that don't make sense in that form factor, and change the CSS to suit the device.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Wouldn't it be a good idea for the site admin to create a friendly mobile version? It makes perfect sense to do so. I am guessing all the site does is ask your browser for the user agent ID and redirects seamlessly to a mobile version overlayed onto the forum backend.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am using Maxthon as well and do like it although it is a bit ugly. It was the only browser that wouldnt crash on Facebook for me. Still playing around with it but keyboard lag is a pain with it sometimes.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ha. Well, I'm now done with maxthon. Keyboard lag started making me crazy then it would crash after I had agonizingly almost finished typing something. Grrr.
    Excuse my typos. I'm typing with my thumbs. Aren't you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links