Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: One app to rule them alll

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Wireless G works fine for me. Netflix streams very smoothly. Of course I'm assuming your computer itself streams Netflix fine. So it's probably Splashtop itself. I think Splashtop HD is designed to utilize both cores so it is smoother.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Okay I've run into a little hiccup and was hoping the folks here can help. I have a DUAL BOOT system and Splashtop HD was working great on my testing OS (Win7). It has ZoneAlarm as the firewall and I allowed all Splashtop programs/components full internet/server access.

I then installed the Splashtop streamer to the main OS (Win7), and Splashtop HD will only connect if I set ZoneAlarm Internet Zone Security to Medium. If I have it set to High like I usually do, then it won't connect. Anyone know how to keep the general Internet Zone Security to High, but create an exception for Splashtop?

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Okay, nevermind I figured it out. In case anyone else is having trouble, I created a Custom setting for High Security Settings for Internet and allowed incoming TCP ports 6783-6785.

I had initially only allowed only a single port 6783 and that did not work - I guess it requires ports 6783-6785 to work. It does not need any outgoing exceptions.
    Last edited by solara; 06-26-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Okay, so I am now able to connect to my home desktop from the local network as well as away from home after setting up port forwarding on my router, and creating a static host name through dyndns.org for the desktop local IP address.

It is a pain though to have to discover the actual IP address for my host name, and then enter that into the Splashtop app. They could easily program that into Splashtop and save the user a few steps!

I know they have the ability to discover the network through gmail on their ipad app, but have yet to add that to the Android app. I know a competing program PocketCloud Pro already has that feature on their Android app (basically your local computer regularly queries the current external IP address, then I guess sends an email to Gmail, which the app then checks from wherever you are).

Has anyone compared PocketCloud Pro to Splashtop HD?

Oh, and reportedly with PocketCloud you can enter the host name, and not have to enter the actual IP address.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I will be purchasing this and utilize a second limited account on my laptop.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by solara View Post
    Has anyone compared PocketCloud Pro to Splashtop HD?
    Oh, and reportedly with PocketCloud you can enter the host name, and not have to enter the actual IP address.
    - Looks like Splashtop HD updated today to allow names..not just IP's.
    - I have pocketcloud Pro and Splashtop HD. Splashtop HD is the only one of the two I use. Splashtop allows realtime video steaming (ie you can watch netflix), and the controls are more intuitive to me.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    I installed splashtop hd and tried netflix, but the audio drops out too much to be useful. Has anybody else had that and fixed it??
    The video is great, but the lackof smooth audio kils it for me.

{edit} Huh....started working fine all of a sudden...works great now!
    Last edited by RenHoek; 07-30-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I downloaded splashtop HD the other day and I am enjoying it, however is there any way to zoom?
    I find my icons are pretty small and it is hard to select/navigate programs/videos on the tablet, either than that it is a great program

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links