Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Problems getting your ASUS Transformer to sync with your PC? Here's how to resolve.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times

Lightbulb Problems getting your ASUS Transformer to sync with your PC? Here's how to resolve.

Here's the question (and answer) of the day on the topic of getting your ASUS Transformer to sync:

How many of you that are (unsuccesfully) trying to sync the Transformer with you PC are using a USB cable between your docking station USB port and the PC USB port? No luck huh?

[Answer] Try unplugging the USB cable end from the AC Power Adapter, and then plugging in that end into your PC...bet it works.

Note: Since the keyboard dock has 2 USB ports...one would think that you would simple connect a Male/Male USB calbe between the two devices...but that would make too much sense. Wonrg answer - you use the USB end of the power adapter for all sync activity.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Here's the question (and answer) of the day on the topic of getting your ASUS Transformer to sync:

How many of you that are (unsuccesfully) trying to sync the Transformer with you PC are using a USB cable between your docking station USB port and the PC USB port? No luck huh?

[Answer] Try unplugging the USB cable end from the AC Power Adapter, and then plugging in that end into your PC...bet it works.

Note: Since the keyboard dock has 2 USB ports...one would think that you would simple connect a Male/Male USB calbe between the two devices...but that would make too much sense. Wonrg answer - you use the USB end of the power adapter for all sync activity.

I have used the charging/usb cable every time I have tried to do the sync thing, maybe 15 times with the same failure. A message comes up on the TF that says there is no Asus Sync installed on the PC. And a message on the PC that says there is no device attached. But, I can see the TF in Windows Explorer and copy files both ways.

Regards, Jim
    catwoman likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Jim, I had the exact same problem but I fixed it last night. See this thread http://www.transformerforums.com/for...sformer-2.html. Basically, went into Device Manager, deleted the drivers for the TF and started over going Step by Step from Dick Emery's instructions. The only difference for me was that I had to open ASUS Sync myslef in Step 5. Now...I gots syncage.
    ASUS N61JQ-B1
    ASUS TF101 32GB

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye62 View Post
    I have used the charging/usb cable every time I have tried to do the sync thing, maybe 15 times with the same failure. A message comes up on the TF that says there is no Asus Sync installed on the PC. And a message on the PC that says there is no device attached. But, I can see the TF in Windows Explorer and copy files both ways.
    I did notice there is about a 5 second lag before the desktop ASUS Sync "kick in" as showing the link...but otherwise...it works every time. I've also used it to sync Docs To Go 5 times today already as a test.

What surprises me more is that it makes no sense to do the sync using the power adapter USB end connection...sure it works...but by having 2 USB posts on the Keyboard Dock...it implies that's how it should be done. Also, as others have noted, the power cable isn't exactly long...whereas a conventional USB cable I have sitting here right now is 10' in length.
    Last edited by ASUSFAN0001; 06-23-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    20 times
    Thanks for the replies guys! I will give it another try tomorrow.

Jim

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have reloaded asus software 3 times, drivers 4-5, and everytime I get......

Never mind time 4 and 6 finally worked. no idea what I did

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlkyes View Post
    I have reloaded asus software 3 times, drivers 4-5, and everytime I get......

Never mind time 4 and 6 finally worked. no idea what I did
    Ghost in the Machine
    ASUS N61JQ-B1
    ASUS TF101 32GB

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I thought it was obvious that you had to use the supplied 24 pin to USB cable. Granted it's too damned short. But it seemed obvious to me that was how you connected the pad. The dock is just a dumb USB host. All the main work goes on with the special cable. Which is why some people are investigating which pins do what by stripping a USB cable connected to it and testing the voltages etc.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    20 times
    Still no joy!!

I uninstalled the TF drivers from the PC using Device Manager. Then I disconnected the TF from the PC.

Then I uninstalled Asus Sync from the PC using Control Panel... Etc.

Then I deleted all Asus files that I had downloaded. I did a system search to be sure there were no Asus files left on the PC.

Then I downloaded the Asus Sync rar file for Windows 7 64 bit and extracted the V1.0.46 setup file.

Then I downloaded the Asus USB driver folder.

Then I followed the instructions given by Dick Emery.

Same results as the other 15 times I have tried this. The PC says there is no device connected. The TF says there is no Asus Sync installed on the PC.

Asus Tech Support says there may be a cable problem or the device needs to be returned for inspection. The cable works perfectly for copying files to and from the TF101. NO WAY am I sending my TF to anyone for inspection.

Regards, Jim
    catwoman likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Can't help there really. What you might try is to go download Revo Uninstaller. Install the sync app. The run Revo Uninstaller and uninstall the sync software and then do a scan of remaining parts of the install using Revo. Any remains that are found click select all and delete. Do this for anything else after hitting next. Once done reinstall Asus sync and reconnected the Transformer. Wait for it to recognise and install the drivers and it should go dong ding in Windows. Now tap on the Transformer Asus sync icon in the Transformer status bar and it should go into debugging mode. If it does not and Asus sync fails to run and ungrey both Contacts and Calendar you may have a faulty cable or Transformer.

Of course you may have a broken Windows install so I advise to test on another computer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links