Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times

200GB flash drive space inside TF - I need help doing this

So, I just got three 64GB flash drives. That gives me almost 200GB of space. There's a lot of unused space in the TF101. So, finding room for these won't be a problem. There's also plenty of room for a usb hub, which I have, so that won't be a problem either.

The problem is how the heck do I connect the usb hub to the board and have the TF recognize it? Anyone here has the know-how on how to make this work?

Just imagine the possibilities! I can put 2 more 64GB flash drives in there if I want to. But first, I gotta solve this. There's gotta be a way to connect the usb hub in there.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    11 times
    Superglue. Bluetack just won't cut it. Sticky tape is old technology.
    Australia.
    TF300T, 32 GB.
    Not Rooted
    ICS

Thanks

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    So, I just got three 64GB flash drives. That gives me almost 200GB of space. There's a lot of unused space in the TF101. So, finding room for these won't be a problem. There's also plenty of room for a usb hub, which I have, so that won't be a problem either.

The problem is how the heck do I connect the usb hub to the board and have the TF recognize it? Anyone here has the know-how on how to make this work?

Just imagine the possibilities! I can put 2 more 64GB flash drives in there if I want to. But first, I gotta solve this. There's gotta be a way to connect the usb hub in there.
    Are you talking about putting the drives in the keyboard dock? If so there is a Youtube video showing how to do that. I believe the fellow solder the usb connection cable to the back side of one of the built in USB connectors, a parallel connection. Just remove the connector, making note of the color coding of the 4 wires and connect them in the same manner to the backside of the Dock USB connector. USB can be daisy chained so the USB chip with see the connection.

Think that should work.
    • Transformer TF101 16GB + 32 GB external SDcard Keyboard/Dock Android running Android 5.1.1
    • iPhone 6S 16GB - ​running IOS 9.3.1 OS
    • Apple iMac 21.5 Intel I5 -Quad Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Ram, OSX 10.11.4, external 21.5 monitor, 4.5TB storage

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggdoc View Post
    Are you talking about putting the drives in the keyboard dock? If so there is a Youtube video showing how to do that. I believe the fellow solder the usb connection cable to the back side of one of the built in USB connectors, a parallel connection. Just remove the connector, making note of the color coding of the 4 wires and connect them in the same manner to the backside of the Dock USB connector. USB can be daisy chained so the USB chip with see the connection.

Think that should work.
    Yeah, and that fellow is me

I'm talking about putting the flash drives into the tablet part. The dock is easy. With the amount of space in the dock, I can put a terabyte's worth of flash drives in there no problem.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    I would suggest you get one of those USB adaptor thingies from Asus-- it has a 40 pin plug on one side, and a USB female jack on the other. I'd carefully take this apart, to reveal which of the 40 pin connectors you need to tap-off of, inside the TF itself.

Obviously, you'd need 4 wires: data +, data -, power +, power -

If the adapter has electronics? You could remove that module, and hard-wire the connections it uses to the back of the 40 pin inside the TF, then you'd have a nice female USB jack to plug your hub into...

... the bottom line is, it's already been done... sort of.

Good luck! I really enjoyed reading about your dock mod, which I did last August? Sometime ago anyhow.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links