Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

TF *almost* replacing desktop PC

Just got my TF last week, so far i'm loving it, finding new things daily - bought a few apps (thumb keyboard) etc.
    I'm finding more and more i'm using the TF more than my desktop PC, just easier and more convenient, however theres a few obstacles in the way to stop me from ditching the desktop altogether.
    (I bought the TF as I found i was using my HTC desire more than the desktop - tablet seemed next logical step and had a really good screen res)

1) I bought splashtop HD to access my server - works great, however when using it, the onscreen keyboard takes over half the screen, making some operations difficult, so considering a small BT keyboard, just can't decide which.
    I like this look of this but its expensive Thumb Keyboard - Store - itablet - the hardest working tablet , also considering PS3 controller which i own and buying a keypad accessory (would this work?)

2) Also related to the server - I need a good file explorer that's easy to copy / cut paste files and folders on the remote shares - something like a carbon copy of say windows explorer, i'm currently looking into web based explorers - but if there was an app that could do this - would be ideal.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by luna_s View Post
    I need a good file explorer that's easy to copy / cut paste files and folders on the remote shares
    Try eStrong File Explorer. Easy server connection and copy/past. Also has a local folder for Dropbox items now!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks, i'll check it out

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloesum View Post
    Try eStrong File Explorer. Easy server connection and copy/past. Also has a local folder for Dropbox items now!
    Heartily seconded. Excellent app. Still can't get over the speed at which I can navigate my desktop machine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can it do side by side windows? (Can't test as the TF is at home!) for even easier drag and drop ? (aero snap is great for this) - Maybe we need a honeycomb / tablet app to do this if not

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    No, it doesn't do that. This isn't Windows.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by luna_s View Post
    Just got my TF last week, so far i'm loving it, finding new things daily - bought a few apps (thumb keyboard) etc.
    I'm finding more and more i'm using the TF more than my desktop PC, just easier and more convenient, however theres a few obstacles in the way to stop me from ditching the desktop altogether.
    (I bought the TF as I found i was using my HTC desire more than the desktop - tablet seemed next logical step and had a really good screen res)

1) I bought splashtop HD to access my server - works great, however when using it, the onscreen keyboard takes over half the screen, making some operations difficult, so considering a small BT keyboard, just can't decide which.
    I like this look of this but its expensive Thumb Keyboard - Store - itablet - the hardest working tablet , also considering PS3 controller which i own and buying a keypad accessory (would this work?)

2) Also related to the server - I need a good file explorer that's easy to copy / cut paste files and folders on the remote shares - something like a carbon copy of say windows explorer, i'm currently looking into web based explorers - but if there was an app that could do this - would be ideal.
    But what do you do about email? The Gmail implementation is pretty much useless and the support for it even worse.

I would write more but the keyboard input to this forum is so slow that I am losing the will to live.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I rarely use email now, especially on the desktop - even more so now windows 7 doesnt really have a built in client without installing the live stuff.
    Ive used gmail on the TF without a problem and once i'd installed the thumb keyboard was even better.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Thanks Bloesum that app is great!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links