Thread: auto reset??

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation auto reset??

this is very weird...

i spent almost an entire week updating and uploading the TF with apps, games, audio, video etc etc. ofcourse i've been through the charging cycles and all, but its always on standby mode. i dont shut down.

yesterday, while i was at the office, i plugged the TF into the charger and left it aside without switching it on. after it was done charging, i switched it on and was surprised to find a welcome screen that was asking for language selection, country selection, wifi settings etc etc....the usual initial settings on first start.

anyway, i didnt think much of it, re-did all the settings, and when i got to the home screen, all my apps, vids etc etc etc..everything had gone!!!! was more like a factory reset, but by itself???? is that even possible?? WTF???!!

can someone here shed some light as to what happened and how the hell can i ensure it won't repeat again?!

p.s. yes im new to android!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    There is an app called Astro File Manager that allows you to back up all of your apps. I've used it on my Droid every time that I've done a factory reset so I could reinstate my apps as I left them. I'm not positive that it works with Honeycomb but it is worth looking into because losing all of your apps and settings over and over could be a nightmare. By the way, there is no reason for that to be happening. You might want to look into returning for a new unit if you are still within the time frame.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    3 times
    That is strange. Unless you actually press the reset button it shouldn't be doing that. Maybe a power surge wiped it? I'm only speculating of course, I'd keep an eye on it.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Too lazy to choose
    Liked
    8 times
    Your tf was pissed at you for installing angry birds and decided to teach you a lesson.

Its self aware and the search for Sarah Connor continues
    Last edited by Garemlin; 07-03-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: inappropriate language
    Usual Disclaimer Applies To Everything I Say!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaNsA View Post
    Your tf was pissed at you for installing angry birds and decided to teach you a lesson.

Its self aware and the search for Sarah Connor continues
    LMAO

actually havent yet found any decent games for the TF yet...trying to desperately get my hands on NFS Shift...dont know why they didn't include it. the Xoom and the Iconia both have it! makes me jealous!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    There is an app called Astro File Manager that allows you to back up all of your apps. I've used it on my Droid every time that I've done a factory reset so I could reinstate my apps as I left them. I'm not positive that it works with Honeycomb but it is worth looking into because losing all of your apps and settings over and over could be a nightmare. By the way, there is no reason for that to be happening. You might want to look into returning for a new unit if you are still within the time frame.
    thanks for the help Joe...will definitely check out Astro cause i'd be pretty pissed if it happened again! will definitely get it replaced if it continues with no explanation..

thanks rackers, but no power surges here, ever...so thats a relief.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    My biggest pain isn't reinstalling apps, it's the data for those apps, such as notes, documents, tasks, etc. The thing that amazes me about most of these Apps is that they will back up their data to the mnt/sdcard which totally gets wiped during a factory reset. So i have 3 apps that I must remember to not only backup but to then copy or move that backup file to my micro SD card! I'm not kidding! Developers REALLY!
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Not alone

This just happened to me today. has me seirously considering returning mine. i've had it about a week so far. i like it but do not want to play russian roulette w/ my data

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This happened to me twice on a recent trip. I suspect (hope) it might be the leather case I purchased pushing down on the volume and power buttons. Then, I pick it up and hit the volume button again for the data wipe. I know that sounds unlikely, but the zippers for the case meet at the volume and power buttons.

I am testing this hypothesis by being sure that case does not press the buttons. It's been five days so far with no reset. If it happens again, my TF is going back. I haven't seen many posts about this, so perhaps the unlikely explanation is correct.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links