Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: volume rocker switch

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

volume rocker switch

Hey everyone. I've had my Tf for about 2 weeks. Haven't had any problems except for the normal pains like this laggy web keyboard, etc.

Well, I remember very well that the up direction on the rocker switch worked very easily. Just in the past few days I have been noticing that it won't work. You hit the switch down very slightly and the volume goes down. But when you want to turn the volume up, it won't go up. I then pressed harder and there it is, it works.

I haven't dropped it and I store it without putting pressure on the switch. It almost seems that its worn out and now it takes a lot of pressure to get the up volume in aged. Now I am afraid that in the coming days that it won't work at all!

Anyone experience this?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I haven't myself, however I'm only starting day two. If it has degraded that far, that quick, take it back or RMA it. It will only get worse.
    Droid life started with a Droid(Froyo) - rooted , Then came the Incredible(Gingerbread) - rooted , but now the Transformer(Honeycomb) - rooted .
    (We don't like to talk about the Archos 70 in our house)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    happened to me 2 days agoo, 3 weeks all went smooth and suddenly it had the same failure as you described.
    I have prepared it for RMA next week, its like qazme says, it will only get worse.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This is a little dissapointing.

The other thing I have been noticing is that the thing creaks more. The aluminum frame makes more noise now than it did when I first got it.

So, when you send it in... do they just give you a new one? Or do they actually repair it?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK, so I've been living with the increase volume button being harder to press. I now think it was doing this longer before I first noticed it. I remember it taking longer to activate the increased volume, but always chalked it up to a software issue. And I do believe that being an earlier issue from a poster on these forums.

I'll try to describe it a little better. So, when you press the button to increase the volume, the click sound is made but nothing happens. If you press harder past when the click sound is made, then the volume selection will register on screen.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone has had a button issue like this? I imagine that it would be the same for both the decrease volume as well as the power buttons and I see the other post about the guy with the non working power button.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    It's not software, the button isn't registering. I would RMA or exchange it. You just have a bad tab. Mine, luckily, has no creaking or button issues if yours does don't stick with it. Ultimately it will die an early death well before the tablet will and you will be stuck with a brick.
    Droid life started with a Droid(Froyo) - rooted , Then came the Incredible(Gingerbread) - rooted , but now the Transformer(Honeycomb) - rooted .
    (We don't like to talk about the Archos 70 in our house)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm experiencing similar issue with my volume rocker, after a month of normal use.
    its like it gets locked all the way up or all the way down.
    what did you do ?
    Akion likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same problem, the volume rocker first started to get soft (after 10 days), then pressed down into whatever direction I switched it until the volume was either all up or all down (after another week or so), and just today got completely stuck in the down position. Problem is: if I reboot, it boots into safe mode because the volume rocker is pressed. sucks. will replace. but loose data / configuration

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quick volume related question, if you plug in headphones into the jack does it cut off the external speakers?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehigh View Post
    Quick volume related question, if you plug in headphones into the jack does it cut off the external speakers?
    Yes it does.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links