Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

What do you think about the dock keyboard quality ? For me, it's a toy.

The main problem is when you are a quick typer...

Do this experience : if you type a key not right in the center, but on the side, you will find a place when the key is pressed and we can hear it, but nothing appears on the screen ! An it's really near from the center of the key ! Do this experience with any keyboard laptop, and the key responds, no matter where you press it.

Do you have the same problems ? I have to say that for a quick typer, it's really an issue... Should I return my unit or is it common for all keyboard dock ?

Here is an update of my message :

ok guys, I did an rma, and try another one eeepad... I must admit that I got a lemon, the dock keyboard I have right now is acceptable, i'm typing at 90% of my full speed, but anyway, it responds far better than the one I had.
    I had a defective keyboard unit.

To test if your keyboard is ok, do this simple test :
    1. open Polaris
    2. hit a key on the center : it must work
    3. hit at the middle right of the key : it must work
    4. hit the key almost at the end (right) of the key : it must work
    The same for the left. If 3 and 4 doesn't work very well, the mechanic of your keyboard is bad : change it.
    Last edited by altsyst; 06-23-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    My typing speed is in excess of 60wpm - not stellar by a professional's standards, and not "proper" touch-typing, but better than hunt-and-peck - and I have no issues with the Transformer dock keyboard.

I haven't tried a speed test on the Asus. I might give it a go later.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    My typing speed is in excess of 60wpm - not stellar by a professional's standards, and not "proper" touch-typing, but better than hunt-and-peck - and I have no issues with the Transformer dock keyboard.

I haven't tried a speed test on the Asus. I might give it a go later.
    Are you a "fast-and-light" typist, or a "fast-and-hard" typist ? The problem does occur only if you are a fast&light typist, the feeling is that you have to type on the keyboard with a hammer, and if you hit just a little bit to the side of a key, the key does not register at all, which is an issue...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    No issues with my keyboard either. I'm a pretty slow hunter and peck, but my wife's fingers are a blur and she does notice some lag but still prefers the Dock keyboard to the touch screen one. Altsyst, your keyboard is fully seated with the tablet,correct? When we first got ours I didn't push the transformer down hard enough until the locking latch was all the way over to the right. It was only half way and some goofy things would happen.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My keyboard arrived today. Noticed a bit of a lag typing on it. But other than that it seems not bad. Keyboard is similar in touch to the Macbooks. I am probably a more heavier typist than most, reasonably quick hence the lag. However that said if I ignore what is appearing on screen and keep typing its pretty good.

It's going to work with me tomorrow so I will know a bit more in the coming days.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by altsyst View Post
    The main problem is when you are a quick typer...

Do this experience : if you type a key not right in the center, but on the side, you will find a place when the key is pressed and we can hear it, but nothing appears on the screen ! An it's really near from the center of the key ! Do this experience with any keyboard laptop, and the key responds, no matter where you press it.

Do you have the same problems ? I have to say that for a quick typer, it's really an issue... Should I return my unit or is it common for all keyboard dock ?
    I type at 80 wpm no issues although my main reason for the dock was the usb ports and the ability toconnect a full size HDD, next how to boot from usb to try a linux load.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Overall I would have to say im happy with the keyboard but i have noticed it is slow when typing view web browser, like right now its taking a long time to update. however with apps it seems okay. i dont have small hands so i find myself accidently hitting the touch pad and sending the mouse to places elsewhere on my screen which can make for upsetting typing..
    but as i said overall im happy with it because of the added features i get. (usb, sd, batery, etc)

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Yeah I would like something like the synaptics driver that disables the touchpad when an external mouse is connected, that random click-to-nowhere is not fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskan View Post
    Overall I would have to say im happy with the keyboard but i have noticed it is slow when typing view web browser, like right now its taking a long time to update. however with apps it seems okay. i dont have small hands so i find myself accidently hitting the touch pad and sending the mouse to places elsewhere on my screen which can make for upsetting typing..
    but as i said overall im happy with it because of the added features i get. (usb, sd, batery, etc)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheExpat View Post
    Yeah I would like something like the synaptics driver that disables the touchpad when an external mouse is connected, that random click-to-nowhere is not fun.
    There is a key to disable the touchpad, you can find it at the first row of the keyboard...

Here is an update of my message :

ok guys, I did an rma, and try another one eeepad... I must admit that I got a lemon, the dock keyboard I have right now is acceptable, i'm typing at 90% of my full speed, but anyway, it responds far better than the one I had.
    I had a defective keyboard unit.

To test if your keyboard is ok, do this simple test :
    1. open Polaris
    2. hit a key on the center : it must work
    3. hit at the middle right of the key : it must work
    4. hit the key almost at the end (right) of the key : it must work
    The same for the left. If 3 and 4 doesn't work very well, the mechanic of your keyboard is bad : change it.
    Last edited by altsyst; 06-23-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If anyone else was wondering what thier WPM (words per minute) is there is a fun app which isn't truly perfect (especially as it doesn't fill the tablet screen properly) but its a good indicator at least called Txt speed!

https://market.android.com/details?i...amoes.txtspeed

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links