Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Youtube & Google Market: Network connection problem occurs sometimes

When I surf through Google Market or Youtube client, connection problem occurs from time to time. For instance, when I'm browsing Youtube client, it shows sometimes: "There was a problem with the network" and "Retry" button below. When I click "Retry" (sometimes, a few times!), connection continues as nothing happened (till next time). The same is for Market: continues without problems (but here it causes serious problems like failed install attempt and I need to try again till try is successful). Moreover, browser surfing has no problems at all!
    As I see, this is a common problem for both ones. Definitely, this is a problem of an API level (or some daemon through which connection proceeds)! Maybe, I need to change something in config files... But I don't know where and what )-:.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

You are most likely having a communications problem with your WiFi. There are a few possible solutions in the link below.

The first thing to try is to pull the power on your router and wait at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in. If that doesn't help, use some of the other tips.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    10 times
    CI have noticed this as well and I agree with leeshor, it is most likely a Wi-Fi issue. Check your Wi-Fi settings. In my case, my Wi-Fi is set to go disconnect when Tablet is asleep. When waking tablet I have to wait 5-30 seconds (depending on connection speed) before I access browser or Market. It is strange that your browser isn't doing the same as your Market issue.
    -Asus Eee Pad TF- 32GB w/ Dock-
    -Evo 4g-

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You are most likely having a communications problem with your WiFi. There are a few possible solutions in the link below.

The first thing to try is to pull the power on your router and wait at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in. If that doesn't help, use some of the other tips.
    I faced with this issue when I bought the tablet! That time I immediately tried different settings to my Wi-fi router like changing channels (I tried all the possible ones!). I checked connection parameters with Wi-fi Analyzer program. And conclusion is this is not the router settings! This is connection issues of the tablet on an API level. Also, I don't have any problems with connection as it is! It works some time and after some period Youtube client starts to throw me a series of "Network connection problem" errors during browsing.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    CI have noticed this as well and I agree with leeshor, it is most likely a Wi-Fi issue. Check your Wi-Fi settings. In my case, my Wi-Fi is set to go disconnect when Tablet is asleep. When waking tablet I have to wait 5-30 seconds (depending on connection speed) before I access browser or Market. It is strange that your browser isn't doing the same as your Market issue.
    This problem didn't appeared yesterday. I faced with it a long ago! Router or tab reboot has no effect.
    If this might help, connection parameters gotten from Wi-fi Manager:
    WPA2-PSK-CCMP ESS, channel 11 (I tried all the channels: 1-11. No success!). Signal level: maximum (has no affection on the problem too)

Regarding why browser works without any problems: to open a link every browser does repeated tries if first attempt fails. As I wrote before, if try a few times, connection establishes and I can continue till next time. So, nothing strange here...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Exterminator13 View Post
    This problem didn't appeared yesterday. I faced with it a long ago! Router or tab reboot has no effect.
    If this might help, connection parameters gotten from Wi-fi Manager:
    WPA2-PSK-CCMP ESS, channel 11 (I tried all the channels: 1-11. No success!). Signal level: maximum (has no affection on the problem too)

Regarding why browser works without any problems: to open a link every browser does repeated tries if first attempt fails. As I wrote before, if try a few times, connection establishes and I can continue till next time. So, nothing strange here...
    If you try a public hot spot or a friend's connection and it works, you may still have a router issue. Also check for firmware updates in the router.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    If you try a public hot spot or a friend's connection and it works, you may still have a router issue. Also check for firmware updates in the router.
    I tried it on a different Wi-fi. The same problem. Firmware update is the latest on this time (March 5, 2012) - Android 4.0.3.
    This is settings issue which lives on firmware updates.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I tried it on a different Wi-fi. The same problem. Firmware update is the latest on this time (March 5, 2012) - Android 4.0.3.
    This is settings issue which lives on firmware updates.
    I don't think so. If you had the same issue on 2 different WiFi networks you may have an app installed that is interfering with the connectivity. Have you used anything like PDANet or any tethering software? Are you running anti virus software?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Have you used anything like PDANet or any tethering software? Are you running anti virus software?
    Problem appeared since I bought the device. That time, I had almost clear Android. I don't use neither special software for connection nor antivirus.
    I had 2 programs which might affect connection: AdAway & DroidWall. I uninstalled them and made sure config files restored to theirs original state. No success.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Problem appeared since I bought the device. That time, I had almost clear Android. I don't use neither special software for connection nor antivirus.
    I had 2 programs which might affect connection: AdAway & DroidWall. I uninstalled them and made sure config files restored to theirs original state. No success.
    The problem you described doesn't sound like a hardware problem but ultimately if it acts the same way on multiple networks, it may be. The only way to tell for sure is to do a factory reset back to stock and not install anything until you have tested it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links