Thread: Had enough !

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times

Had enough !

I just loved the TF101 but the ICS update changed all that. My contact with Asus was not very fruitfull and after numerous resets and data wipes it is still not working as it should. Came down this morning to find it frozen and the battery almost out. That was the last straw !

So it's going back for a full refund and although it hurts an order for an ipad looks possible.

So thanks for all the help and suggestions I got here. Good luck, I hope they (Asus) get it sorted soon.

Tom
    Had an Asus TF 101 & Dock 'till ICS spoiled it !
    Desktop Intel Core i5-2500K, Asus motherboard, W7 64 bit
    Kindle 4, HTC Wildfire, Sammy netbook.
    The worst thing about doing nothing is never knowing when you are finished !

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Or you could have waited for the update coming soon, considering no OS works perfectly when it is first released....
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Or Asus could have waited until it worked to release it. I am not buying that this works for 99% of everyone. I am seeing way more people reporting problems than are happy with it.
    I am patiently waiting for an update but I am not happy with mine right now.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fergiet View Post
    I just loved the TF101 but the ICS update changed all that. My contact with Asus was not very fruitfull and after numerous resets and data wipes it is still not working as it should. Came down this morning to find it frozen and the battery almost out. That was the last straw !

So it's going back for a full refund and although it hurts an order for an ipad looks possible.

So thanks for all the help and suggestions I got here. Good luck, I hope they (Asus) get it sorted soon.
    Fair enough Tom. If you aren't happy, then that's the thing to do - much better than ranting or raving on here. It is a shame that this nVidia chipset issue is really getting bad or some people - albeit a small group with random issues.

Before you plump for an ipad - gen 3 perhaps? - take a look at the new Xoom2 Media Edition - that's one sweet piece of kit, I can tell you.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyz3 View Post
    Or Asus could have waited until it worked to release it. I am not buying that this works for 99% of everyone. I am seeing way more people reporting problems than are happy with it.I am patiently waiting for an update but I am not happy with mine right now.
    Then you may not be looking very hard.

There are posts and polls indicating that about 3/4 of people are either not having problems or have rectified their problems with the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade version.

But yes - there are still some issues...some of which are sourced with specific apps that either have not been updated to ICS or at least not properly updated to ICS. In addition, there is some evidence that the imbedded NVidia driver used within this ICS version needs updating as well. This could result in only some people or some apps being impacted. Another release of ICS is forecast sometime *soon* (perhaps within days or weeks).

People giving up on a new version within 1-2 weeks after its release probably had unreal expectations to start with. Even the almighty iPad had 3 bug fix version updates before they got iOS v5 stable.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    72 times
    Great observation Fan. I never thought of that. Different production runs may have a slight change in chipset or drivers that could wreak havoc with the update. Very interesting.... Or maybe one of you smart it guys will tell everyone I'm wrong
    ASUS TF 101 32GB w/ 32GB SD, Dock, and 1TB External Drive

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times
    Sorry for the threadjack OP, but just noticed that "luraaqp's" posts are always partial quotes from someone else. Odd? Meh.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    362 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 63MM View Post
    Sorry for the threadjack OP, but just noticed that "luraaqp's" posts are always partial quotes from someone else. Odd? Meh.
    Noted, maybe his username is a foreign anagram of 'parrot' ?
    Last edited by Detection; 03-04-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: corrected backwards spelling error
    TF No longer charges: Clicky
    Transformer won't boot: Clicky
    Power / Lock button issues: Clicky
    Flash downloaded ASUS Firmware: Clicky

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 63MM View Post
    Yeah, it was spam. Nukificated.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ASUSFAN0001 View Post
    Then you may not be looking very hard.

People giving up on a new version within 1-2 weeks after its release probably had unreal expectations to start with. Even the almighty iPad had 3 bug fix version updates before they got iOS v5 stable.
    I believe I have seen in about 6 different forums a majority of people who are unhappy with the upgrade. That being said I also said that I am unhappy but am waiting for an update to correct the issues.
    I have been with Asus since it launched. Got mine from TD delivered the day before it officially launched and have loved every minute of it. I use it every day for note taking at work, signing contacts, spreadsheets,etc. Never rooted it but I am considering finally doing it to get the cornerstone option.
    I agree that there will or should be an update soon to correct it but it is easier said than done to not get frustrated while waiting. I am starting to see allot more people getting negative tone directed at them for saying they are frustrated and I don't agree with that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links