Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: B&H Confirms 31st May Shipment

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

B&H Confirms 31st May Shipment

I ordered my transformer through B&H on Monday (May 2nd). With all the news about retailers reneging on pre-orders I sent B&H and email ensuring that they were still on track to fufill orders. This is the email I received back twenty minutes ago:

"Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

We are expecting a shipment from the manufacture on May 31 and once we receive them we will ship them out.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you, we appreciate your business."
    Last edited by floorpuncher; 05-04-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Wow, that's a long time. Kind of makes me want to cancel my order with them. The one I ordered at Best Buy said like the 13th.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah it really is a long time but by the time I got around to ordering mine (my laziness is my curse sometimes) everyone else had sold out and stopped taking pre-orders. J&R was the only other place taking pre-orders and they didn't have any clue as to when their shipment would come in. The guy on the phone said it could be two weeks or it could be mid-June. So I went with B&H. I figured if I had to wait another two weeks for Target/Amazon or Best Buy to start taking pre-orders again (and still risking them cancelling my order), then having to wait another week or two after that to get it, I might as well order it and be done with it. Do I wish I had one coming in the next week or so? Sure, but given the circumstances I can be patient for a month. I've been holding out on buying a tablet since October of last year so a little more delayed gratification won't hurt me!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i ordered mine at 26th at 21:40 which is 40 mins after they started taking orders.. do you think it will be delivered by the 31th aswell?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by haravovadia View Post
    i ordered mine at 26th at 21:40 which is 40 mins after they started taking orders.. do you think it will be delivered by the 31th aswell?
    Not sure... I would assume that, providing B&H had them in stock on launch day, they shipped out their first shipment already... Given when you ordered I would assume that it's already shipped and on its way but I can't know for certain. Good luck!

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I don't think they had them at launch but if they did and his was in the first shipment he would have gotten it by now. More than likely he's looking at May 31st also.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycemiskel View Post
    I don't think they had them at launch but if they did and his was in the first shipment he would have gotten it by now. More than likely he's looking at May 31st also.
    Initially I was thinking the same thing but his location says "Israel" so it may be taking a bit longer to get there... but then again, that depends on if they had them at launch, which again, I'm not sure about...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I ordered at launch from B&H. Their web went live at 9:00pm. They were closed for passover.
    I placed my order the very moment their Website went online.
    My order was confirmed by email at 9:02PM.
    Just recieved this email:
    Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.
    This item is on pre-order and it could ship out after May 31st.

I had to have been one of; if not the Very First Order. And I'm am still waiting.
    So they never got any, or I would have one by now.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Let me say this first, BH Photo is an awesome online store and customer service is top notch! But I don't like paying for something now and waiting almost a month...for me so much can happen in a few weeks that I may want my money back...so I keep thinking of pulling that trigger and ordering but it does say that your card will be charged when placing the order...may just want to order a new lens instead...and maybe the Transformer when they start manufacturing at full capacity...guess they're limited to only 10k units per month till June, that makes sense as BH is promising delivery May 31st.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by directortd View Post
    I ordered at launch from B&H. Their web went live at 9:00pm. They were closed for passover.
    I placed my order the very moment their Website went online.
    My order was confirmed by email at 9:02PM.
    Just recieved this email:
    Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.
    This item is on pre-order and it could ship out after May 31st.

I had to have been one of; if not the Very First Order. And I'm am still waiting.
    So they never got any, or I would have one by now.
    That's kind of lame that they aren't getting their first shipment until the 31st... I just assumed that the 31st's shipment was a second one... I guess priority went to bigger retailers...

Quote Originally Posted by Btango05 View Post
    Let me say this first, BH Photo is an awesome online store and customer service is top notch! But I don't like paying for something now and waiting almost a month...for me so much can happen in a few weeks that I may want my money back...so I keep thinking of pulling that trigger and ordering but it does say that your card will be charged when placing the order...may just want to order a new lens instead...and maybe the Transformer when they start manufacturing at full capacity...guess they're limited to only 10k units per month till June, that makes sense as BH is promising delivery May 31st.
    Like I said in a previous post, I don't mind paying then waiting. I prefer it to reserving a product and reserving money in my account. Makes balancing my account a pain... a pain I'd rather not deal with personally. So I'm OK with it... I think that waiting to go with anyone else is going to result in waiting longer than the one month. I'm still holding out hope that their shipment comes in early. Not holding my breath though...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links