Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    202 times
    Hi,

Just tried again, and after unpairing, I turned BT off and then on again, and it seems to have forgot the device.

Hope this helps!
    ASUS Transformer 16GB TAB B60, DOCK B60
    Build Number:- IML74K.WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615
    Mobile Dock Version:- EP101-0213

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, I managed to get it to forget and add it back by renaming the profile name in the phone itself.

However, now it NEVER shows the "use this profile for internet access'screen which I was seeing yesterday. I've no idea why this option has disappeared!

Its maddening that I feel just one step away from getting this done. The tablet would be a lot more useful for me if I could ever get tethering to work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hevelius View Post
    Yeah, I managed to get it to forget and add it back by renaming the profile name in the phone itself.

However, now it NEVER shows the "use this profile for internet access'screen which I was seeing yesterday. I've no idea why this option has disappeared!

Its maddening that I feel just one step away from getting this done. The tablet would be a lot more useful for me if I could ever get tethering to work.
    I also deleted the pairing from my BB.

I know the feeling..... It's so much more convenient now that I don't have to carry my android phone just in case I need to access the Internet when I go out.

The connection speed I get isn't stellar; around 1.3M/0. 3M. But I'm not complaining. The only app I found so far that can't use the BT tethered connection is Dell Voice. It would've been great if I can use my TF101 as a voip phone without using my limited minutes on my BB.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Okay, I got the TF to recognize my 9800 and it does show the checkbox field to use the connection for internet, but it still doesn't work. Is there something that has to be set up on the BB to enable internet usage?

Mark

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mnguyen View Post
    Okay, I got the TF to recognize my 9800 and it does show the checkbox field to use the connection for internet, but it still doesn't work. Is there something that has to be set up on the BB to enable internet usage?

Mark
    I don't have anything specifically configured on my BB9800. Before debugging on the TF101, are you successfully able to BT tether to your BB9800 with a windows laptop?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So, I went through hell trying to turn my Samsung Galaxy Prevail into a WiFi hotspot so that I could tether my TF101. Now that I've upgraded my firmware to ICS, my TF101 no longer connects to my hotspot. I know it it could either the TF101s and ICS disabling of AD-HOC connections or my Prevails primitive capabilities, but I can't figure out how to get my "baby" back online.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My ICS TF101 is working great tethered via adhoc wifi to my iPhone...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So it's not the TF101's fault but my phone?

ARGH!!!

So are there any hacks or apps out that can boost my phone's wifi value?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hgclim View Post
    I am using a BES enabled BB9800 on a corporate plan with Rogers (in Canada). After I updated to ICS (didn't do a hard reset), I deleted the BT pairing my TF101 previously had with the BB9800. Then I repaired the two devices. I was surprised I could see the Internet Access profile after the pairing was completed.

Once pairing is completed, my TF101 shows it's Bluetooth Tethered (I can see both the blue and white bluetooth logos together). My BB9800 shows it is Modem Mode Enabled.

Both on HC and ICS, I can BT tether my TF101 with my rooted Android phone (and I see the same blue and white bluetooth logos).

On the BB9800, the Modem Mode Enabled status is the same as when I BT tether my WinXP laptop with it.

@hevelius: Not sure whether upgrading your BB9700 to OS6 will help.

@mnguyen: Are you able to tether to your BB9800 using a Windows computer?

I am on Sasktel and am also on a BES on a corporate plan, this does not work for me on the Transformer, it works fine on a Windows laptop through USB and also through Bluetooth but not on transformer. Wondering what else could be on your phone that is allowing this. I am thinking it is something to do with Rogers and their service books. Can you go into your manage connections on BB then select the Bluetooth connections, then select the transformer, then device properties. Then list what services are in there for you. I have Handsfree Audio Gateway, Headset Audio Gateway, Object Push, A/V Remote Control Target. Thanks
    Last edited by Rob79; 02-27-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    I suspect the Razr Maxx uses an Infrastructure access point not Ad-Hoc. Most of the Motorola phones do this.
    I am connected by using the FoxFi app which gives me a wifi hotspot that I can see and connect to with my TF101 or my iPad 2.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links