Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Streaming Live Video and Audio from Transformer Prime to iPhone!!

Hello Everyone,
    I've searched high and low for my two devices to work with each other to function as a baby monitor, but to no avail. I would like to use the rear camera on my TF201 and a baby monitor which feeds video and audio to my iPhone, but no app does this *well.* I need it specifically to send the stream to my iphone, and not a PC or Mac. For me, the solutions either have really poor refresh rates or no audio, or the signal can't be received altogether by the iphone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please do share!

FongPi

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Skype...........

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum FongPi

There are a lot of people wanting their tablets to do things they weren't intended to do or designed for. Not saying it isn't possible, but you are asking for a lot from any tablet to act as a baby monitor.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Welcome to the forum FongPi

There are a lot of people wanting their tablets to do things they weren't intended to do or designed for. Not saying it isn't possible, but you are asking for a lot from any tablet to act as a baby monitor.
    Hello leeshor,
    Thanks for the input, but I disagree. If you look at what a baby monitor is comprised of, a camera mic, wireless transmitter, and battery, then a tablet has it all covered. I can't think of a better application really. If I wanted to use it a skateboard then perhaps it might be..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Google talk Video chat. Feedback noise will probably be an issue depending on distance

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Smile

Using the Prime as the Camera? This is easily done.

Get the app IP Webcam app from Android Market. https://market.android.com/details?i...s.webcam&hl=en

I use a Droid 1 to watch my pets when they are locked in their room while I am away. They are my fur babies.

I use the app tinyCam Monitor PRO on my phone to view the signal. https://market.android.com/details?i...LmR2ci5wcm8iXQ..

However, you don't need an app. Just a web browser. I put a web shortcut on my wife's iPad's homescreen so she can view the cam on her iDevice. Since it's an IP camera, there is just an IP address and a port that the video to which the video is being broadcast.

The FPS of the Droid is are very low. Like 4 fps over a mobile network, but you can still see movement. I also have a G2x doing the same thing and it gets 8 FPS. They both receive audio, and and you can enable the LED light on the camera from the remote device. I do have the resolution set pretty high (relatively speaking) so if you lower the resolution you can get more frames. I prefer the sharper image.

I obviously have both phones shooting the video plugged into chargers all the time.

Using old cell phones to create an IP camera network might not be the best video solution as far as FPS but it is cheap, and a fun way to use those old devices. You could get a FOSCAM from Amazon which would be a superior camera most likely.

BTW to view the cameras off the WiFi network you will need to do some port forwarding with your router, otherwise it won't work. I have my tinyCam Monitor PRO app set up with the mobile link to the cams and the WiFi link to the cams, the WiFi link usually gets better FPS is why I do that.

I hope you've got a plan to mount the tablet in the room while your away. Make sure your spouse/gf/bf/maid can't knock the tablet over. Getting one of these would be handy for mounting the Tablet in the baby's room. It will also creep out the baby and make it an arachnophobe. haha

Amazon.com: Breffo SPBLK-002 Spiderpodium Stand Ipad - Black: Electronics

This is better but much more expensive, but it is certainly a nice piece of kit. I have a Thought Out Stabile Stand and it is literally made out of solid steel. They make good stuff.

Amazon.com: Thought Out Stabile Coil PRO Flexible Pivoting iPad 2 Stand - Black: Electronics

Let me know if u have any questions. Geez, I do Customer Service at work and then I come here and do the same!

If you do try running the IP Webcam app on your Prime please post the FPS you get. I'd really be interested in hearing from a forum member if the quad-core makes a difference.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Excellent suggestions everyone, thanks very much!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links