Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ASUS Customer Service.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

ASUS Customer Service.

Just thought i'd post my last 24hr experience with ASUS. About 2 months ago I noticed a small (1 x 2") patch of what i best call 'fog' about 1" from bottom centre of the screen. To be honest it only really seeable (is that a word?) when the screen was very dark. About two weeks ago i decided it was annoying, and as it was only bought 6 months ago got in touch with ASUS to return to Czech Rep for what i presumed would be a "yeh this happens some times...we've fixed it and it'll be back to you so and so". Instead i've got a pretty terse email from some nameless person saying i've caused it (don't say how or whats up or why) and they wanted 300 EURO to solve it!!!!!

I can safely say it has not been damaged....drop, water or anything. I'm sort of OCD about keeping it in good condition...like my other kit

Anyway rung them up and told them what great news this was for me and I am now waiting for feedback as to what they plan to do next.

So not only am i annoyed about the quality of communication and accusation but I am noticing some web talk regards some of the 101's not being sealed properly at time of manufacture.

Anybody had/having the same experience?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    whats the exact date of purchase? if its older than 6month you will have to proove that it wasnt caused by you, if its newer, they will have to prove it was you. thats an european law, so it should apply to the czech republic

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thats interesting mattgolt....i'm in UK....not sure if that means I am subject to european law or not (joking).

The fact is though its under six months old. Thanks for reply though....i did not know that.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    OP what mattgolt says also applies in the UK. There is a presumption in law that regardless of any manufacturers warranty, a failure in a device in the first six months is a manufacturing fault - unless it is caused by accidental damage or user abuse. This is what Asus are saying to you. It sounds to me as if they are claiming moisture damage as a result of owner abuse - water splashes, getting it out in the rain, using it in a steamy atmosphere etc.

If they don't accept your statement - and they may will do if you escalate things through management - you will be left with only two options. Try returning it to your retailer. Or a lawsuit.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I know ive not caused it. Dont see how I have. It has come on over say two months, interesting shortly after I got it (and this is serious...though sounds bizarre) i noticed some movement round the edge of the screen. A split second latera tiny insect or bettle (no bigger than a pinhead) wandered across the screen. It did this about three times and Ive never seen it again. I knew then it wasnt sealed correctly but it certainly a problem 'behind' the screen. Its spotless on every other surface so how they think ive caused it is beyond me.

I was most annoyed about the fact they havent said what caused it in the first place. But all the wear and tear is just standard usage, i mean who takes it in the rain? Its annoying I know that much.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    It sounds to me that it is a factory assembly fault. Have you tried telephoning them? Its hard to discuss this level of detail via email.

United Kingdom - 0870 1208340 - 09:00-17:00 Mon. ~ Fri.
    Last edited by janner43; 02-03-2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: added tel no

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    OP please don't double post. One thread is enough Moved to tf101 General.
    Thank you.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeh no probs, i doubled cos i'd put it in prime....will bare it in mind. Cheers

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Monkeyman

I had (and am still having) an eerily similar experience with my TF201. Bought it at the end of January this year and couldn't get any output from hdmi port, so took it back to Carphone Warehouse) who said it would have to be sent off to Asus for repair under warranty. They helpfully set up the return for me and the next day I received an email from Asus saying that UPS would be collecting the unit within two days for shipping to their European repair depot in Czechoslovakia, and offering the following helpful instructions:

>>How to send in your unit for repair?
    >>A) How to Prepare Your Package?

>>We suggest you to pack the item carefully in a secure box with additional packing material. ASUS will not be held responsible or liable for damages resulting from improper packaging. Please note that the unit will be shipped back in different packing material.

>>We highly suggest you DO NOT send in the accessories with the unit. Accessories could be treated as filling material and thrown away, and ASUS will not be held liable for the loss of accessories during shipping and repairing.

>>Please offer the box open, and close it when our forwarder is there to pick it up.

>>Clearly indicate your RMA# (CZB6243786), name and address on the outside of the box.

UPS came the next day (25th April). The agent didn't seem particularly interested in inspecting the tablet before it was packed, but I showed him anyway as per the instructions. The tablet was pristine when it entered the box, I had even given it a clean before packing.

Nearly three weeks later, I received an email from Asus (copied below) saying that damage had been found which was not covered by the warranty. Attached to the email was a picture of a tablet with a badly scratched screen and an invoice for €90.49 for repair. I called the Asus Technical Support line (they don't have a customer support number) and explained that my tablet was in perfect condition when it left me. "Not to worry, Sir" said the helpful Asus colleague, "They have video cameras at our repair centre which record every box being opened, so we can tell if the item was damaged when it arrived or not. If not, we will repair it free of charge. If so, we will reclaim the repair cost from UPS. Send us an email documenting what has happened and it'll all be sorted out."

I sent that email at 11.03 on 11 May. On 14 May at 15.50, I received a reply (copied below, bottom) saying that the video recording showed that my tablet was damaged on arrival and they would be unable to raise a claim with UPS unless I had pictures of the unit before it was sent. (I don't.)

I replied repeating that the tablet was in as new condition when it left, I complied with their instructions to the letter and at no time did they ask me to take a picture before I sent it. Over two weeks later, I have had no reply! I'm furious. My brand new mint Transformer is sitting badly scratched in a repair centre somewhere in Czechoslovakia and I'm told I won't get it back unless I stump up €90 for something I didn't do!!

This whole story contrasts starkly with the recent experience of a friend who bought an iPad, had problems with the wifi reception so took it back to the Apple Store and received an immediate replacement of a brand new boxed iPad. He later sheepishly discovered that the wifi problem was with his
    Router, not the iPad!

Be warned. Think twice before you send anything back to Asus for repair. In fact, based on my customer support experience with them, think twice before you buy anything from Asus.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by psmill View Post
    Hi Monkeyman

I had (and am still having) an eerily similar experience with my TF201. Bought it at the end of January this year and couldn't get any output from hdmi port, so took it back to Carphone Warehouse) who said it would have to be sent off to Asus for repair under warranty. They helpfully set up the return for me and the next day I received an email from Asus saying that UPS would be collecting the unit within two days for shipping to their European repair depot in Czechoslovakia, and offering the following helpful instructions:

>>How to send in your unit for repair?
    >>A) How to Prepare Your Package?

>>We suggest you to pack the item carefully in a secure box with additional packing material. ASUS will not be held responsible or liable for damages resulting from improper packaging. Please note that the unit will be shipped back in different packing material.

>>We highly suggest you DO NOT send in the accessories with the unit. Accessories could be treated as filling material and thrown away, and ASUS will not be held liable for the loss of accessories during shipping and repairing.

>>Please offer the box open, and close it when our forwarder is there to pick it up.

>>Clearly indicate your RMA# (CZB6243786), name and address on the outside of the box.

UPS came the next day (25th April). The agent didn't seem particularly interested in inspecting the tablet before it was packed, but I showed him anyway as per the instructions. The tablet was pristine when it entered the box, I had even given it a clean before packing.

Nearly three weeks later, I received an email from Asus (copied below) saying that damage had been found which was not covered by the warranty. Attached to the email was a picture of a tablet with a badly scratched screen and an invoice for €90.49 for repair. I called the Asus Technical Support line (they don't have a customer support number) and explained that my tablet was in perfect condition when it left me. "Not to worry, Sir" said the helpful Asus colleague, "They have video cameras at our repair centre which record every box being opened, so we can tell if the item was damaged when it arrived or not. If not, we will repair it free of charge. If so, we will reclaim the repair cost from UPS. Send us an email documenting what has happened and it'll all be sorted out."

I sent that email at 11.03 on 11 May. On 14 May at 15.50, I received a reply (copied below, bottom) saying that the video recording showed that my tablet was damaged on arrival and they would be unable to raise a claim with UPS unless I had pictures of the unit before it was sent. (I don't.)

I replied repeating that the tablet was in as new condition when it left, I complied with their instructions to the letter and at no time did they ask me to take a picture before I sent it. Over two weeks later, I have had no reply! I'm furious. My brand new mint Transformer is sitting badly scratched in a repair centre somewhere in Czechoslovakia and I'm told I won't get it back unless I stump up €90 for something I didn't do!!

This whole story contrasts starkly with the recent experience of a friend who bought an iPad, had problems with the wifi reception so took it back to the Apple Store and received an immediate replacement of a brand new boxed iPad. He later sheepishly discovered that the wifi problem was with his
    Router, not the iPad!

Be warned. Think twice before you send anything back to Asus for repair. In fact, based on my customer support experience with them, think twice before you buy anything from Asus.
    Welcome to the forum and sorry for your troubles. We have an ASUS rep on the forum that I recommend you contact via private message. Their username is ASUS_USA. They should be able to help you out at least a bit on this claim.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links