Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Problem with micro SD card

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Problem with micro SD card

I'm french, sorry, I will try to explain my problem in english :
    I have download files on the micro SD card. When I insert my micro SD card into the tablet, I go on "gestionnaires de fichiers" and on "Removable" and I don't see "Micro SD card". There is nothing.... I can't read my micro SD card...
    Please, help me!!!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Do you see a notification bottom right (looks like an sdcard) beside the clock display?? press that and it should say microsd inserted. Press on the folder displayed and the file manager will open up displaying /removable/microSD

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    How is the microSD card formatted? The TF can only read FAT32 (if on Honeycomb 3.1) or FAT32 and NTFS (if on Honeycomb 3.2 or 3.2.1)

Also, when inserting the card are you inserting it about 1 mm beyond the bezel until it clicks? It should sit just about flush when inserted properly. Min sticks out about 1/4 mm on my TF101.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    1. My transformer recognized my class 10 card only after the second insert. Try removing and insertingint a few times, with the transformer on (if I remember well, mine was on sleep at the first attempt). Wait a minute or so after each operation and watch the notification area.

2. Some cards are not compatible with the transformer - try some different cards (preferable low speed) to see if they work.

3. Some transformes had a defect card reader - again try other cards.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Could also test the card by putting it indo a dummy full size sc card memory holder and put it into the keyboard dock. BTW I put my mini SD cards dummy full size SD card memory holder in the keyboard docks full size SD card slot for safe keeping so its ready to be used should I ever need it with the mini SD card that's ini my tablet.
    victbc43 likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    First thing to always try with removable media to format the media on your computer FAT32 will work for most versions of Honeycomb. Who knows how or even if the card was formatted at the factory. I had two 32GB cards arrive, one worked out of the box the other would not work at all. Formatted the second card and it now works just fine and has 8 GB of images and videos loaded on it and they play and are read just fine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry if this seems a dumb question - but here goes. Do you format SD micro cards on the Eee Pad or on a PC - and how do you do it? I have not got a micro SD card yet, and would appreciate advise on which make/size to get. Also, what is the advantage of having micro cards? My camera uses SD cards, so I already have some of them. Do you need both? SO much to learn.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Sorry if this seems a dumb question - but here goes. Do you format SD micro cards on the Eee Pad or on a PC - and how do you do it? I have not got a micro SD card yet, and would appreciate advise on which make/size to get. Also, what is the advantage of having micro cards? My camera uses SD cards, so I already have some of them. Do you need both? SO much to learn.
    You need to format the card in a computer, I have not found a way to format it in the Transformer. Most cards come formatted, 4-32 GB ones are formatted FAT32, 64 GB and larger are usually exFAT (which the TF cannot read).

More important that the brand is where you purchase it. Be sure to get it from a reputable retailer (Amazon, Best Buy, Staples, Newegg, TigerDirect/CompUSA, Fry's, etc.) Many users have gotten cards from eBay that appear to be genuine SanDisk but in reality are counterfeit and are a 2-4 GB card that appears as a 32 GB card. When copying large amounts of data, only the last 2-4 GB are readable. This is why you want to have a good retailer so if a counterfeit one happens to slip through you can return it to them. I would recommend a Class 4, 6 or 10. Class 2 may not be fast enough for HD video playback. Between the others, the biggest difference you will see in speed is on write speed.

As far as the form factor, I grabbed a 32 GB microSD card. The advantage to this one is that it is always in the tablet. The SD slot is in the keyboard dock so you have to be docked in order to access this one. I also shoot a DSLR that uses an SD card so I like keeping my SD slot free for looking at/transferring pictures from the SD card.

If you have deep pockets, you could get a 64 GB microSD and a 128 SD card and if you have a 64 GB Prime, you wil have ~256 GB of storage on your tablet when docked.

It is all up to a matter of preference.
    GGS and monsoon12 like this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks

Thanks Frederuco

That was very informative and useful.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    To see if your tf sees the card at all, go to settings --> storage--> scroll to bottom on right side. Should say microseconds but not mounted. Try mounting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links