Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Low speaker volume/quality except in Angry Birds??

I am waiting on a reply from Asus - trying to decide whether I should get a replacement on my unit. In the meantime I am wondering how many others have noticed they have this problem?

My speaker sound is low and poor quality, except when I open Angry Birds - for some reason this plays much louder and the quality sounds better. If you have Angry Birds loaded can you tell me if the volume is noticeably higher than other things - thanks :-)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes same thing here. If every thine else sounded half as loud and as clean as angry birds id be thrilled. Tried several equalizers and volume boosters. They made the distorted sound louder.
    Last edited by Hootdoodie; 06-15-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Maybe so but I really like the app Volume + I feel like most Transformers have the weak volume issue so what good is a replacement gonna do. I would try the app and see if you can live with it. If not then return and you're out a buck but at least you tried. Good luck.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Mickey, I think many people expect Bose speakers in their TF's. Most of the Tabs have pretty poor speakers and the TF is no exception. I'm kinda glad that Tablet owners need a headset to really appreciate the sounds. Can you imagine all the noise pollution if these devices had great sound system? I remember passing through the "hood" and ghetto-blasters were so irritating! Now tablets are everywhere. Thank God we don't have to hear them (yet)!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ok i went to bestbuy and listened to a zoom, ipad and the acer. All we're considerably louder and not distorted. I am trying detmine if mine is typical or bad. I like it alot otherwise but don't want to screw around sending it back to hane the samecrappy sound returned to me. Don't think anyone asked your opinion about jerks not respecting others in public places.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ya and I also don't think it's simply the speakers, I think it's the audio hardware overall. I say this because I had the Blackberry Playbook for 2 weeks before returning it to get a TF and I tell you what, the Playbook speakers and sound output over HDMI blows the TF out of the water, kinda sad really but not enough to go back to a Playbook with no good apps hah. The Playbook when I hooked up the HDMI out to my TV the sound coming through my receiver to the speakers was awesome, great bass and loud, but for some reason when I output over HDMI from my TF the sound quality is as cruddy as it is on the device itself!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootdoodie View Post
    ok i went to bestbuy and listened to a zoom, ipad and the acer. All we're considerably louder and not distorted. I am trying detmine if mine is typical or bad. I like it alot otherwise but don't want to screw around sending it back to hane the samecrappy sound returned to me. Don't think anyone asked your opinion about jerks not respecting others in public places.
    Mea culpa, if I was out of line, sorry 'bout that.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Yeah as a former ipad 2 owner and someone who also tried the Acer Iconia the Transformer speakers are crap! There is no doubt about it. But it isn't an issue for me as Volume + gives me the volume I need to watch movies and video at the level I need to hear well. I get a good enough tone out of it to satisfy myself no question about it.

However, others may not and that is totally understandable. I believe returning the unit for another unit will get the same results as this appears to be the norm the Transformer. So if Volume + or another booster app won't suffice for your listening needs then there is a strong possibility that you will need to find a different tablet altogether. But again that is totally understandable.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, I am new. I just received my Asus Transformer eee tab 32gb from new egg. It is very nice so far. The speakers sound nice to me also. I was reading the comments on this page. I hope somebody won't get mad at me if I should have an opinion that they might not think was right. I will be afraid to say something.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Speakers are less then steller for sure.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links