Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Here's what my regular notes look like.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times

Here's what my regular notes look like.

Just came back from a night class on water treatment. Here is a sample of one of my pages of notes from the class. Here are the 3 things I used.

(1) TF
    (2) ezPDF
    (3) Adonit jot

I've included both the pdf file and the png version of it just in case people can't read the pdf format.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38673648/pic...ple%20page.pdf

At no time did I feel uncomfortable. In fact, I would argue that I have more control over my notes with the TF than just pen and paper. For example, I can zoom into a particular small area somewhere to insert a particular note. Or I can move particular sections of texts around. Change their sizes. change their colors. Etc.

The professor had an entire wall of dry erase board to work with, and he liked to go back and forth inserting notes here and there. I would not have been able to follow along completely with pen and paper.

Here is the blank PDF I made to take notes in.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38673648/books/Notes.pdf
    Last edited by goodintentions; 01-30-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    zanxion, Halewijn and Mikey97D like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    6 times
    Adonit jot looks amazing. It seems exactly what was missing from TF. Besides precision in writing it will minimize considerably fingermarks on my screen (less wiping).

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    Just came back from a night class on water treatment. Here is a sample of one of my pages of notes from the class. Here are the 3 things I used.

(1) TF
    (2) ezPDF
    (3) Adonit jot
    sir, i have some questions for you

1. any free alternative for ezPDF?
    when i updated to 3.2.1 i saw an addition called SuperNote, which almost do the same, except write on pdf's

2. You mentioned some Conductive Grease, is it the same with Electrical Joint Compound?
    i happen to have some packs of these Electrical Joint Compound, it comes together with the Cisco Aironet 1300 setup, or was it with the Andrew antenna, i forgot.

3. I've read somewhere about using RainX on the screen to minimize finger print smudges.
    RainX is use on car-windshield. It has some kind of silicon bonding materials that binds with the glass and creates some kind of barrier.
    Do you think its good, and cannot damage the TF in any way?

I thought of asking this questions to you coz i know you have experience and logic.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by december8; 01-18-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    information = knowledge
    experience = wisdom

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    5 times
    Are you using the regular Jot or the Jot Pro? Also, how long does the disc tip last?
    Proud owner of an Asus Transformer Tf101 with 16gb internal storage, the 2011 Black Friday Special. Also a keyboard dock.

"Unless you are in bed with Apple, I can bet good money you would be much happier with the Transformer than the iPad." -Nate

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    [QUOTE=december8;119252
    3. I've read somewhere about using RainX on the screen to minimize finger print smudges.
    RainX is use on car-windshield. It has some kind of silicon bonding materials that binds with the glass and creates some kind of barrier.
    [/QUOTE]

More than likely a barrier for the conductivity of your finger. Use at your own peril.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    More than likely a barrier for the conductivity of your finger. Use at your own peril.
    well some screen protector/shield also has some conductivity barrier in them yet they are usable

... my own peril, eeee sounds frightening
    information = knowledge
    experience = wisdom

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosch View Post
    Are you using the regular Jot or the Jot Pro? Also, how long does the disc tip last?
    Both. They both work the same. The only differences are the pro has a rubber so you can hold it more comfortably and the pro has a magnet. When I need to put down the jot, I put it right on the TF. The magnet grabs onto the speaker.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by december8 View Post
    sir, i have some questions for you

1. any free alternative for ezPDF?
    when i updated to 3.2.1 i saw an addition called SuperNote, which almost do the same, except write on pdf's[/b]
    Um... ezpdf costs $2.99. Supernote is crap. Trust me, I've tried using it.

2. You mentioned some Conductive Grease, is it the same with Electrical Joint Compound?
    i happen to have some packs of these Electrical Joint Compound, it comes together with the Cisco Aironet 1300 setup, or was it with the Andrew antenna, i forgot.
    There are 2 kinds of electrical joint compounds. There's conductive grease and there's dielectric grease. Conductive grease is... well, conductive. Dielectric grease is meant to stop conductivity, so it is not conductive.

Here is the conductive grease I use. It's $3.

Amazon.com: Gardner Bender OX-100B Ox-Gard Anti-Oxidant Compound: Home Improvement

The tip of the jot is made of steel. It is prone to corrosion. In fact, I've been talking regularly with adonit people (that's how I got free jots LOL) and test things out for them. They've confirmed with me that they recently found a batch of jots with corroded tips. This is why some people suffer skippings after using it for a few days or a few weeks. Conductive grease prevents corrosion as well as fill in the voids and make the jot 100% more responsive. I can even use the jot at extreme angles where adonit says will not work. Why? Because at extreme angles, there is some void between the ball tip and the disc, but if you have conductive grease the grease will transfer the charge for you.

Do you think its good, and cannot damage the TF in any way?
    I've used everything there is to try, including RainX.

Yes, it works. It actually makes your screen a tiny bit more sensitive, so that's a plus. But here's the problem. It actually makes your screen more prone to scratches. Here's why.

When you use your fingers on your screen, eventually, you'll have a layer of oil. It's annoying to most people, and I understand that. But the oil actually protects the screen. Say you have a grain of sand on your screen. If there's oil there, when you press against it and swype, there are more chances the grain of sand will slide with the oil.

RainX makes resists fingerprints and oil residue. The first thing you will notice after you've applied several layers of RainX is that the screen has a lot of friction. It feels like new all the time. And that's the problem (IMHO). When you have a grain of sand between your finger and the screen, instead of sliding off with the oil, the rigidness of the screen will grab onto the sand grain and you'll have a micro-scratch.

But yes, RainX works wonderfully for your purposes. I highly recommend applying at least 3 layers first time. Then after that, each week you will have to reapply 1 layer.
    december8 likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    Um... ezpdf costs $2.99. Supernote is crap. Trust me, I've tried using it.

There are 2 kinds of electrical joint compounds. There's conductive grease and there's dielectric grease. Conductive grease is... well, conductive. Dielectric grease is meant to stop conductivity, so it is not conductive.

Here is the conductive grease I use. It's $3.
    wow i guess i also have my answer here on the tube itself, after reading the tiny letters, which i missed at first,
    it says:
    "Conductor Termination Compound"

well i tried applying it to my ordinary rubber tipped capacitive pen, it seems to work
    but leaves some on the glass, so after cleaning the nib very well, it goes back to its old state,
    the not-so-smooth feeling,

thanks alot Mr. Good
    Last edited by december8; 01-18-2012 at 10:22 PM.
    information = knowledge
    experience = wisdom

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by december8 View Post
    wow i guess i also have my answer here on the tube itself, after reading the tiny letters, which i missed at first,
    it says:
    "Conductor Termination Compound"

well i tried applying it to my ordinary rubber tipped capacitive pen, it seems to work
    but leaves some on the glass, so after cleaning the nib very well, it goes back to its old state,
    the not-so-smooth feeling,

thanks alot Mr. Good
    Um... the conductive grease isn't intended to be applied between the screen and the stylus. You're the second person who got this impression. I'll be more careful with my words in the future.

So, the grease will never contact with the screen. The grease is there to fill in the voids between the ball and the disc so that you don't have to press down for conductivity to occur.
    primenumber and NyanCat like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links