Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Androgeny

Thread: Fulltime Work on Android

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Fulltime Work on Android

I have been waiting for the day i could drop off the world of Windows computing. I stay with Windows mostly because of the software I can buy, which I would gladly buy for a Linux platform, but companies like Adobe and Microsoft do not seem to ever want to port their products over. I am tired of waiting, so I want to just go for Android and see if over time I can find ways to work every day on an Android tablet. The Transformer with a real keyboard was my tipping point. I will buy one as soon as they are in stock somewhere. Thinking out how I will get work done is the next step. I spend a lot of time in a web browser using web based applications such as email, calendar so that functionality is a no brainer. I do a lot of writing in Word, and create seminars in PowerPoint, so I am hoping that the included Polaris will somehow let me work. At least I am hoping that my hundreds of hours of existing PowerPoint material will at least play, so I can bring the Android and a projector to my training. I also edit high definition video in Adobe Premiere, and I have no expectation that Andriod will handle that, so for that I will have to use the Windows 64 bit machines I have. Most of the posts I read here are for people who web browse, or some use the Android for multimedia enjoyment, some talk about games. My question for this thread it this. Does anyone have success actually just working all day on one? I have not viewed the totality of the Android Marketplace, but are there serious business applications? I am tired of lugging a laptop around all the time, and if I can get by with doing most of what I do on a Transformer and over time find Android apps to fill in for equivalent Windows apps I would finally fulfill my dream to say goodbye to Microsoft. My soon-to-be new Android is hopefully the first step of my jump to freedom. Any feedback from daily users would be great.
    67mustang likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am in the same boat as you. I am hoping that I can leave my windows 7 desktop running at the office and do a remote connection to it via a 4G modem. Any comments from anyone? Sound feasible?

Spamcepticon
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    19 times
    There is a remote desktop app as well as a full office suite (quick office HD) that will allow some features you guys are looking for. They are paid apps (about $15 each)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links