Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NETFLIX!! Can someone please help?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation NETFLIX!! Can someone please help?

Hello I am a newborn when it comes to Android and tablets. I have an EeePad 16 GB Transformer running Android 3.2.1. Here are my issues with NETFLIX:

1. When watching a Netflix movie on my Eeepad tablet the screen keeps trying to "auto-fit" the movie image and ends up "zooming" the movie in so that it looks like it's trying to fit to a 4:3 screen size when the movie I'm watching is 16:9 size. The only way I can get it to stop doing this is to PAUSE the movie. When I PAUSE the movie the screen jumps back to a 16:9 image and then I can press PLAY and it will continue on for a few minutes before jumping back to a zoomed-in, 4:3 look. I know there is a setting to TURN OFF this auto-fit screen feature and I have done so....but this problem keeps occuring.

2. Also when watching a Netflix movie the bottom 25% of the screen starts to freak out, become all jumbled up, and looks like what your old tv's used to do when you tried watching a cable channel that you were not paying for...if that makes sense. The top 75% of the screen continues to show the movie but the bottom 25% just freaks out. This lasts for about 15-20 seconds then all returns back to normal. This "freak-out" session occurs every 3 minutes or so.

It doesn't matter what I'm watching on Netflix. Movies, tv, cartoons, all have the same 2 issues above and they happen independent of one another.

Is anyone else having these issues?? Is there an update to Android that I need? Is there an update to Netflix?

Thank you!

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Hello and welcome to the Forum. I assume you are watching Netflix using the Netflix App. Netflix did have an update 2 days ago so you may want to go to the Market and get the update.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you I will try that! I hope it works. Anyone else having these issues??

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have not had the 4:3 auto-fit issue but a few nights ago I did see the bottom 25% start to freak out and your right it does look like when you use to try and view a cable channel on an old TV that you were not paying for. I had this happen a few days ago and had to pause the move to get it to stop but it would start up again a few minutes later, it did this several times throughout the movie. I was watching True Grit at the time this happened. I am running version 1.6.0 which is the latest version dated 12/15/2011 in the Android Market so I am not sure about the comment above about an update 2 days ago. The bottom 25% is a new problem that I have only seen a few nights ago for the 1st time. I will have to do more tests to see if it continues. I have noticed if I go to running tasks and end as many as can it does help improve the lag issue that I have also seen for quite a while using Netflix on my Transformer. I have an older Viewsonic GTablet that has no issue at all streaming Netflix movies so it is a bit of a disappointment the quality on the Transformer.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    11 times
    I subscribed to Netflix here in the UK today, on launch day and I've exactly the same problem as the OP.
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer 16GB With Dock (Stock)
    HTC Desire (2.2 Froyo)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm getting the same thing. It's really annoying

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So frustrating... same exact problem as op. Its been weeks now and updates didnt help. Niether did uninstall\reinstall. Dont know what else to try.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandubz View Post
    I subscribed to Netflix here in the UK today, on launch day and I've exactly the same problem as the OP.
    Hmmm, that makes it pretty much unuseable then. Do you need to subscribe to try it out? I was planning on having a look tonight after work!

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ya i have the same problem, i fix it with the volume buttons, when it zooms or the screen freaks out... although it sucks cause it happens quite often.
    At first i thought it was tweetcaster pro that caused it... disabling tweetcaster pro did help, but keeps happenning just less often...

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Hmmm, that makes it pretty much unuseable then. Do you need to subscribe to try it out? I was planning on having a look tonight after work!
    You can sign up for a 1 month free trial to test it out.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links