Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unable to download firmware.

I finally got around to playing music on the Transformer and found out it had very little volume. Called Cust. Ser. and was told to download new firmware and that would solve the problem. It wouldn't download onto the Trans.

She next said I would have to wipe the Trans. clean. I said I had too many files (e-mail, etc) and Apps to wipe it. She then said I would have to download the files onto my PC on an HDSC card, put the card in the Transformer and it would load the new firmware automatically. Asked her if she was saying that it needed new firmware but ASUS didn't supply a card that is necessary to download it? SHe said yes. I said I was disappointed that they didn't supply the part I needed to update the Trans. She said She was sorry I felt that way. WTF?

ANyone else unable to download files from ASUS?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I would just be happy to have the speakers louder, even if I had to pull the card from my phone to make it happen, I will check firmware numbers to see what I am on and what is the latest.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    This is floating around on another thread from imager01 and it is totally making my day as far as volume goes on my Transformer!

https://market.android.com/details?i...ST.android.lvh
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Follow these steps. It worked fine for me. As far as the volume problem, it did not affect it at all.
    How-To Install Leaked Honeycomb 3.1 Update on Asus EEE Pad Transformer | Asus Transformer

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Follow these steps. It worked fine for me. As far as the volume problem, it did not affect it at all.
    How-To Install Leaked Honeycomb 3.1 Update on Asus EEE Pad Transformer | Asus Transformer

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    The service rep was talking about a micro SD card and no that's not surprising it didn't come with one, almost any device that takes memory cards of any type usually don't come with one, go buy a cheap one at Wal Mart to do the flash.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Latest update: Here's my post from another thread:

Originally Posted by Impala1ss
    Mine works great except for very low volume. Cust. Ser. says to download firmware update and this will solve problem. Tried but can not download any updates from ASUS site. Cust. Ser. says I have to download onto my PC on a HDSC card, put card into Transformer and it will load. Seems like a *edit* solution. Waiting to get an HDSC card. Why can't it down;oad onto my Transformer?

2nd call to tech support:

Been through 2 techs. at Asus. First, one didn't have a clue as how to fix except that I had to have an SD card, to put it in my desktop, download the new firmware (that I couldn't download from/on my TF101) and that would solve all my problems - volume, unable to download updates from Asus, etc. Tried it and it wouldn't work.

2nd call to tech. He said the first tech was completely wrong and her solution wouldn't work. DUH! why do you think I'm calling. He told me how to download the firmware update on my desktop, to the SD card. Did that while he waited, and he told me how to manipulate the file on the SD card and put it in TF101. Did so and it recognized, and loaded the update. Now I continually get "Sorry. the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close." and "Sorry. the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close." popping up while I'm trying to use TF101. I can barely use system to get work. The pop-ups are awful.

I finally reset the Transformer back to factory settings and reloaded everything. It still gives me the pop-ups.

Going to call for the third time today. Nothing is fixed and I have all new problems. Am I the only one with this? It seems like the latest update is what causes the pop-ups.

UPDATE: 3rd. tech. says I have to send it in for repairs and it will take 10 - 15 business days. What a crock. I told him I w3anted it replaced with a new one and he said it is company policy to only repair, not replace.
    Last edited by Swipe; 01-16-2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: language guidelines

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links