Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Some crazy Wifi and syncing problems

I've been having maximum pain since I bought this Transformer (spent over an hour bending and fiddling with the charger pins before I could even start to charge it).

So, I've got a regular wifi connection set up, we've got about 4 laptops and 2 Ipads connecting to the router, yet for whatever reason the TF101 doesn't want a thing to do with it.

I can locate the router, and even connect to it, the tablet tells me it even has an excellent connection. Yet the TF101 continues to claim that there's no internet connection. It also routinely from time to time just drops the connection it has and I need to wait a length of time for it to actually find the connection again (but still, it won't obtain an internet connection). In fact I haven't even been able to find the router/SSID for the last day.

I've tried changing the channel the router operates on, disabling mac filtering, basically troubleshooted everything google could throw at me. My house is somewhat isolated, so no neighbouring interference etc. There's no issue with too many devices trying to access the router, I just found, and logged onto, the net with an E71 mobile phone that hasn't used the router before.

My routers putting out a regular 802.11g connection (unsecured), laptops, Ipads, consoles, and phones can find and use it just fine.

Anyone offer any advice? I actually tried syncing my tablet to my PC to try and download any updates, but somehow when I USB sync the tablet with my laptop it ends up killing the internet connection for BOTH the tablet and laptop, which I just find hilarious since it means I can't even update the tablet through my laptop. the instant I pull out the USB connector my laptop can access the internet again.

Who wants to be my knight in shining armour?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

Try the WiFi link in my signature

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    PS, I've tried coldbooting and wiping all my data. It can't even locate the router on bootup/setup and entering in the SSID manually doesn't do a thing.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Have you rebooted your router?

How about trying another access point (friend, neighbor, restaurant) and see if that works?

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Try the WiFi link in my signature
    1) Have tried setting to channels 5-6, no luck. Can't download WiFi analyser since obviously I can't get on the net.
    2) Done this several times
    3) The router is unsecured
    4) Again, the router is unsecured. There have been times (yesterday) when I could find and connect to the router (and be told I had an excellent strength) yet still could not access the internet. Currently I cannot find the router anymore.
    5) I will try alternate routers/locations, though it's impractical to do it right now.
    6) Have done this already.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    PS, when I "cold start" I see the white text in the top left corner of my screen. I let go of the buttons and it sends me to a page saying

"Press <vol_UP> to execute or <Vol_Down> to cancel wiping data.

There's then a picture of a flashing rectangle in the middle of my screen with the words "wipe data" and a box and the android dude. It sits there and waits for me to push either up or down with the volume button. This sounds different to how it should look based upon what I've read. Is it normal?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm having the same issue on the 32 GB Transformer I just bought my wife, but.....
    I also bought a 16 GB Transformer for my daughter and it is having no problem at all. No WiFi drop out/pick up. I've had them side by side and went through every set up screeen and all settings are identical. Same router, same signal strenght and link speed and again, sitting side by side, but you can watch the WiFi go away and start back up on the 32.
    I've restarted the router, cold started the 32, wiped out all data and re entered.
    I could go throught changing my router settings and change WEP over to WPA2, change the channel, etc., but (and I'm obviously not a wifi expert) what if we go to another location, public hotspot, whatever. I don't have the ability to modify their router. Maybe there's no issue there, but I'm concerned about that.
    I just don't understand why the 16 is fine and the 32 has the issue unless it is a specific issue to that machine.
    Thoughts?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    chucking a bump in.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SamFischer View Post
    PS, when I "cold start" I see the white text in the top left corner of my screen. I let go of the buttons and it sends me to a page saying

"Press <vol_UP> to execute or <Vol_Down> to cancel wiping data.

There's then a picture of a flashing rectangle in the middle of my screen with the words "wipe data" and a box and the android dude. It sits there and waits for me to push either up or down with the volume button. This sounds different to how it should look based upon what I've read. Is it normal?
    That sounds normal. Basically just hold VOL DOWN and PWR for 10-12 seconds and release. On the next screen is the 2 icons, android will be highlighted. Wait 10 seconds and it says "Cold-booting Linux" and you are good to go.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    That sounds normal. Basically just hold VOL DOWN and PWR for 10-12 seconds and release. On the next screen is the 2 icons, android will be highlighted. Wait 10 seconds and it says "Cold-booting Linux" and you are good to go.
    It's a relief that the cold boot is normal, still doesn't fix my Wifi problem though :/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links