Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

copy movies from micro Sd

I can play movies from micro sd but cant figure out how to transfer them over to my transformer. Any tips appreciated. I am sure theres an easy way i havent figured out.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Welcome to the forum!!!

Open your File Manager and go to your external SD card folder. When you open File Manager you will hit the back key once and it will be removable/microsd. Put a check next to the movie you want to copy or move. Back out two times and now go to the "sdcard" folder and choose which folder you want the movie to go to. This is your internal memory. When in the folder click paste and let it go to work.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    File manager is a nice attempt at an explorer but have already reverted back to Astro and Root Explorer as both are far superior in my opinion.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaamgans View Post
    File manager is a nice attempt at an explorer but have already reverted back to Astro and Root Explorer as both are far superior in my opinion.
    Thanks for the input on file managers but the OP was asking how to move movies from the SD card. I gave instructions using the stock file manager app to to make it as easy as possible. Didn't feel the need to complicate it with other file manager options.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Thanks Garemlin, For us beginners 'simpler' is better. It might be a little frustrating for some of the more knowledgeable guys/gals who know this TF backwards and forward. But be patient with us new people. We are trying to learn as quickly as possible one step at a time.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Welcome to the forum!!!

Open your File Manager and go to your external SD card folder. When you open File Manager you will hit the back key once and it will be removable/microsd. Put a check next to the movie you want to copy or move. Back out two times and now go to the "sdcard" folder and choose which folder you want the movie to go to. This is your internal memory. When in the folder click paste and let it go to work.
    Of course - thanks! And thanks for keeping it easy - I guess I should check out Astro and Root Explorer option later..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hi, still having a slight problem... i click on the movie on the microsd card, but when i click it only shows "cut or copy" i click copy and try to go to the transformers internal and paste it under movies but only transfers 14mb of data...

i try too hook up the usb to the comp but it wont let me tranfer the movie file but will allow certain files to be dragged in via computer.

please help thank you!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    used another file manager, and states a file restriction. any way around this?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    A related question: how do I get to the microsd card on File Manager HD? Cannot for the life of me find where it might be. Right now I'm using the built in File Manager for microsd card stuff.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taem View Post
    A related question: how do I get to the microsd card on File Manager HD? Cannot for the life of me find where it might be. Right now I'm using the built in File Manager for microsd card stuff.
    You should see a folder called removable. Click it and then microSD will be there. When I opened it I had to press the up arrow 2 times before I got to where the removable folder was.
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 06-08-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links