Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    29 times

"iPad Competitors May Be Spinning Their Wheels, Slowing Production"

I just read an article that may have been planted by a wishful Steve Jobs. The article here claims that iPad competitors are dialing back production because demand is failing to meet expectations. According to the article the Transformer, which was selling well initially, is now overstocked in some cases.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Overstocked? More like finally IN stock. My guess is the author owns Apple stock. Honeycomb 3.0 on release hurt a few, but with 3.1 showing up and better reviews showing up these are the facts:

Today at Amazon.com a search for "tablet" found 2 iPads (1st gen) and one iPad2 among 7 android tablets in the top ten best sellers. Xoom was 1st place. Both Asus 16gb and 32gb Transformers made the list, as did the Acer Iconia. Every Android tablet sold is one less iPad sold, meaning at some point there will be more android tablets out there than ipads. Tech pundits raise their eyebrows at any CEO (Nvidia/Adobe) who predicts Android will be ahead within 3 years. All it take is some easy extrapolation of current trends to see why they predict that. Nvidia will have Tegra 3s in Android tablets before the ipad3 shows up. Honeycomb 3.2 or whatever will eliminate any remaining "bugs" which frankly I can't find any of on my Asus Transformer running 3.1.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    Newegg sold out again (though B&H still show as in stock).

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    In many reviews Apple are leading because of the games. But with Nvidia Tegra specialized for game (and Kal El coming at the end of the year)
    Apple dominance in games will be in big question marks
    and within few months (Google said later in August there will be many, many honeycomb optimized apps)
    Also remember the history how android phone beat iphone

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    As of yesterday...there are now new supplies of both the 32GB and 16GB ASUS Transformers at 11 different online retailers, including all the most popular ones. As ASUS themselves said...they were looking to get production up to 200,000 units shipped by "early June" (which is now), so everything points to them doing what they said they would do. Docking stations are also available at 3 places.

What will be interesting is to see how the latest surge of stock sells.

In the mean time - I'me loving mine.

Now refining the apps inventory - adding things and removing things as well. Also added a 32GB microSD card, as well as the base sleeve.

I just found a new sleeve for a steal of a price at Amazon. If its worthwhile after I see it in person...I'll post more info on it.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    They listed "Samsung, Motorola, RIM and ASUS".

I believe they might be right with Motorola and Rim. The Xoom hasn't delivered on its promise of 4G and SD card support and their CEO is more than happy to blame everyone but Motorola.

It is way too early to say that with Asus, Acer and Samsung. Given how the Asus was out of stock and just begging suppliers to ramp up their productions I think JP Morgan is off its rocker.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    the wild card is going to be a windows 8 tablet, if they get it out fast enough and it runs the same programs as a desktop businesses will flock it it

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    21 times
    If windows 8 is in a Dell convertible then I might get one, I do not see getting another iPad as my ASUS Transformer is so much more fun and does more for me...will I get the new Transformer YES. I work all day in my studio with windows and its just plain fun to play with the Transformer and it goes on the road with me. Every day I have dinner and after dinner I have a cup of ice cream to me its the same difference, the Transformer is my ice cream.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links