Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    1229
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times

    How long does it take to charge?

    So I got my transformer with about a 50% charge. I used it for an hour or so and then let it charge fully. Then I intentionally ran it down to 0 in order to give it a full charge. Problem is that it's still at only 15% after about 3 hours. At this rate it's going to take 12+ hours to fully charge. My stock charger was defective but I luckily have a backup which works. I do have it turned off and plugged in to a wall socket. IS there something wrong? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    3,118
    Liked
    365 times
    I have never actually timed it but I don't think it took more than 3-4 hours to charge from almost dead. Of course I didn't sit and watch and wait either.

    I'm at 32% right now. Gonna stick it on charge and see how long it takes.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    3,118
    Liked
    365 times
    Ok just a follow-up. Took 1hr 45min to charge from 32% to 100%. At that rate it should charge form dead to 100% in about 2hr 15min.

  4. #4
    Jazz
    Member #
    313
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifern View Post
    So I got my transformer with about a 50% charge. I used it for an hour or so and then let it charge fully. Then I intentionally ran it down to 0 in order to give it a full charge. Problem is that it's still at only 15% after about 3 hours. At this rate it's going to take 12+ hours to fully charge. My stock charger was defective but I luckily have a backup which works. I do have it turned off and plugged in to a wall socket. IS there something wrong? Thanks.

    Are you convinced that the backup charger works??

    Mine recharges from 10% to 100% in about 2 hours.

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    1229
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chinook9 View Post
    Are you convinced that the backup charger works??

    Mine recharges from 10% to 100% in about 2 hours.
    Yeah, it`s the 3rd party adapter i used when I used an iPhone and it always worked fine. Could it be the battery in the tablet itself that`s the problem?

  6. #6
    Jazz
    Member #
    313
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifern View Post
    Yeah, it`s the 3rd party adapter i used when I used an iPhone and it always worked fine. Could it be the battery in the tablet itself that`s the problem?
    I read a thread a couple of weeks ago where the charger requirements for the Transformer were covered in some detail. My recollection is that Asus specifies a 15V charger for the Transformer but chargers as low as 11 volts may work. I suspect that an iphone charger does not come close to that. Most phone chargers that I have seen are 5 volts.

    You might check the output of your 3rd party charger and see if it comes close to 11 volts. If not the charger could be your problem.

  7. #7
    Starscream
    Member #
    718
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    303
    Liked
    25 times
    The user manual recommends using only the included charger. Looks like the cable taps 12v off the USB connection as well. Make sure you leave the screen off. It's the display that consumes the most power.

  8. #8
    Soundwave
    Member #
    1229
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dthinker View Post
    The user manual recommends using only the included charger. Looks like the cable taps 12v off the USB connection as well. Make sure you leave the screen off. It's the display that consumes the most power.
    Apparently my 3rd party charger is a 5V DC charger from DLO so thanks for the heads up there. So it sounds like the problem itself is a bad charger from Asus so I'll likely have to get a replacement. The giveaway is that the Transformer turns on when I plug it in with the 3rd pary charger and does nothing with the stock one. I tried bending the contacts out a little as well but nothing. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by carnifern; 06-04-2011 at 07:16 PM.

  9. #9
    Ratchet
    Member #
    830
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    151
    Liked
    8 times
    Cool, good to know.
    My summer time Motto... "When nature turns off the @#$%ing heat I'll turn off my @#$% A/C"

  10. #10
    Soundwave
    Member #
    1929
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    Is there any indictor light on the TF101 when charging without the dock?

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. battery came with no charge - normal or defect - asus says defective
    By robjamell in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 05:42 AM
  2. Can you charge the keyboard dock separately?
    By jodypress in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 09:10 AM

Search tags for this page

asus laptop charging time
,
asus laptop how long to charge
,
hiw long should an asus laptop take to charge
,
how long does a dead transformer asus take to charge
,
how long does it take for an asus laptop to charge
,

how long does it take to charge a asus laptop

,
how long sors it take to charge an asus laptop so it powers on
,
how long to charge asus
,
how long to charge asus t100 before it can turn on
,
how long to fully charge asus laptop
,

transformer charging time

,

why does my asus tablet / laptop take so long to charge

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:59 PM.