Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Asus TF 3 in 2012?

  1. #1
    Ratchet
    Member #
    9731
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    158
    Liked
    8 times

    Asus TF 3 in 2012?

    With the Prime coming out less then 1 year after the first TF, whos to say that the third TF wont be out by this time next year? I was thinking about upgrading to the Prime but with them putting out new machines so fast, its hard to want to put the money down.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Member #
    2531
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8,595
    Liked
    976 times
    Lets be realistic. In order for Manufactures to compete, they need to launch new products every 6 months. So expect a TF 3 by mid 2012.
    If you are to wait for the TF 3 then you will wait 6 more months for the 4 and never get anything.

  3. #3
    Ratchet
    Member #
    9731
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    158
    Liked
    8 times
    Like I said, I have a TF so I woldnt have nothing. But you really think a third TF will be out by the middle of next year already? Even Ipads arent coming out that fast.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Member #
    2531
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8,595
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Animal View Post
    Like I said, I have a TF so I woldnt have nothing. But you really think a third TF will be out by the middle of next year already? Even Ipads arent coming out that fast.
    I would expect a TF 3 mid 2012. As for iPads, when you sell 3 million + per month there is no need to launch a new one but once a year.

  5. #5
    Jazz
    Member #
    7880
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    3 times
    The key is selling your device before the new one comes out. You will always lose some money, but that way you have cash for a new model. Might be easier with Apple products, though, as they tend to hold their value really well.

  6. #6
    Ratchet
    Member #
    9731
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    158
    Liked
    8 times
    Anyone here sold there TF yet? Wondering how much they have gotten.

  7. #7
    Starscream
    Member #
    7073
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    296
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Animal View Post
    With the Prime coming out less then 1 year after the first TF, whos to say that the third TF wont be out by this time next year? I was thinking about upgrading to the Prime but with them putting out new machines so fast, its hard to want to put the money down.
    ************************
    First, let me say that I'm 78, so waiting too long for anything is not a realistic option .
    That said, whatever your age, if something adequately meets your requirements & you can afford it, go for it. That applies to tablets, phones, cameras, many things. There always a newer, better (?) one on the horizon.
    MaylonTRD likes this.
    Asus TF101 16GB B60 with keyboard docking
    Samsung Galaxy Note WiFi 10.1
    Desktop PC, Windows 7
    Yamaha Tyros 4 K/B 9 (Music)

  8. #8
    Shockwave
    Member #
    13422
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Tablet
    TF201
    Posts
    867
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaholic View Post
    The key is selling your device before the new one comes out. You will always lose some money, but that way you have cash for a new model. Might be easier with Apple products, though, as they tend to hold their value really well.
    Exactly ,by analyzing their pattern they release their new products every year. There is even an interesting site Decide.com that tells you when to buy and when to wait , for price reduction or a new unit.

  9. #9
    Ratchet
    Member #
    10706
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    117
    Liked
    19 times
    Hey TEG32, you look pretty healthy to me. I'll bet you are still around for TF 37!!

  10. #10
    Starscream
    Member #
    7073
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    296
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUENORTH View Post
    Hey TEG32, you look pretty healthy to me. I'll bet you are still around for TF 37!!
    ************************************************** *********
    Thanks TRUENORTH, my body and brain getting older but still reasonably functional.
    Asus TF101 16GB B60 with keyboard docking
    Samsung Galaxy Note WiFi 10.1
    Desktop PC, Windows 7
    Yamaha Tyros 4 K/B 9 (Music)

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Netflix for Europe in 2012?
    By verntern in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 10:25 AM
  2. CES 2012 (Consumer Electronics Show - Who Will be There?
    By ASUSFAN0001 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 09:10 AM
  3. Android Tablet Shipments Expected to Grow 134% in 2012
    By dgstorm in forum Asus Transformer News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:18 PM.