Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question USB File Transfer

Can I use the Transformer power/usb cable to transfer files from my computer to my Transformer tablet? I've searched and can't find if this is possible and just didn't want to try it without asking?

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Yes you can. Some of the file manager apps will also let you transfer files wirelessly (if the folders are shared on the computer) and there's tools like DropBox and SugarSync to allow you to transfer files as well. There's also https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result which allows you to transfer files wirelessly from any computer to your TF.
    OG Droid (stock), TF101 (stock)

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    I use ES File Explorer which works with network shares and FTP sites. Also, WiFi Explorer and File Manager HD also work.

ES File Explorer also allows network streaming of media to the player of your choice.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but I seem to be having difficulty navigating my way around in here.

I am suddenly having a problem transferring files from my computer to my TF101

I have had the tablet for several years. My most recent successful file transfers were just one week ago (end of October 2014). To transfer files, I plug my USB cable into the tablet and into my computer. On my computer I open two File Manager/Windows Explorer (Windows 7) windows - one for the directory on my computer I am transferring from, and one for the directory on my ASUS Transformer that I am transferring to, then i simply drag and drop.

In the window for my Asus Transformer I have always been able to see the full directory structure on the Internal Storage, and the SD Card.

However today when I plugged the USB cable into my computer, on the computer monitor I can see the Transformer and I can see two directories - the Internal Storage and the SD Card. But I cannot see any directory structure underneath either of the two.

I have looked online and I see several suggestions as to how to transfer files from one device to the other. But I would like to be able to transfer files the same way I did it a week ago, and for the couple of years before that.

As far as I know I have not deleted any apps or changed any settings.

I do however note two icons that I have not previously seen before. When my USB cable is plugged in I see an icon for "ASUS Sync" and one for "USB debugging connected". They may have been there in past, but I do not think so. I have figured out how to turn the debugging on and off - that makes no difference. I do not have ASUS Sync on my computer, and I do not want to use it.

I simply want to move some image files, music files, books files and avi type files to the tablet. And I want to do it by drag and drop on the computer, not on the tablet.

Can anyone suggest what I might do to restore this ability?
    Thank you

Larry Hancock

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Hi Larry,
    I assume you are still on ICS. Did you recently update the firmware to JellyBean?
    Android dropped support for "USB mass storage" with JB. Other than that you should still have it available either by choosing the notfication or from Settings.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links