Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    391 times

[How To] Factory Data Reset

In the event that you want to start over and reset your Asus Transformer to it's fresh out of the box state.

WARNING:

You will lose all of your user and application data. Everything you have synced with your Google account such as contacts and calender events will return after you reset and log back in to your Google account. All of your PAID apps will be available for download again in the market. Your free ones will not so it might be a good idea to make a list if they are important to you.

To factory reset your Transformer:

• -Go into settings menu
    • -Privacy from the left menu
    • -Factory Data Reset

As simple as that.

We now have a new & "cross model" guide for Factory Resetting in our Guides, Tips & Tricks section - also linked from within our Master Help Guide.

This thread has been closed in favour of that new thread.
    Last edited by janner43; 10-03-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Added note to OP

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello:

Does this procedure work if the Transformer has been rooted?

Thanks in advance.

Sparky

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Is the "Factory Data Reset" the same as the "Hard Reset" described elsewhere using the Power and Volume Keys? If not, what is the difference?

(I'm trying to get rid of the WiFi shut off (and not restart) problem when the screen shuts off.)

Thanks.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcon2 View Post
    Is the "Factory Data Reset" the same as the "Hard Reset" described elsewhere using the Power and Volume Keys? If not, what is the difference?

(I'm trying to get rid of the WiFi shut off (and not restart) problem when the screen shuts off.)

Thanks.

No a Hard reset and a Factory reset are totally different. The Factory reset erases everything on the Transformer and makes it like new and the Hard reset doesn't. Something else you may want to do to help with your WiFi issue is go to Settings - Wireless Networks - Wireless Disconnect Policy and choose NEVER! I chose that so that it wouldn't be always dropping signal and reconnecting and it makes a world of difference.
    cbcon2 likes this.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    No a Hard reset and a Factory reset are totally different. The Factory reset erases everything on the Transformer and makes it like new and the Hard reset doesn't. Something else you may want to do to help with your WiFi issue is go to Settings - Wireless Networks - Wireless Disconnect Policy and choose NEVER! I chose that so that it wouldn't be always dropping signal and reconnecting and it makes a world of difference.
    I set the WiFi disconnect policy as "never", but I'm still having problems. After waking up, the unit seems to be connected but the signal strength meter is gray (not blue) and I can't get any apps to connect to the internet. I have to disconnect and restart WiFi each time to fix the connectivity. Mickeylittle suggested a Hard Reset and I'm trying to find out what that procedure results in and what 'll need to restore/reinstall if I do it.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cbcon2 View Post
    I set the WiFi disconnect policy as "never", but I'm still having problems. After waking up, the unit seems to be connected but the signal strength meter is gray (not blue) and I can't get any apps to connect to the internet. I have to disconnect and restart WiFi each time to fix the connectivity. Mickeylittle suggested a Hard Reset and I'm trying to find out what that procedure results in and what 'll need to restore/reinstall if I do it.
    With a Hard Reset there is nothing to restore or reinstall! Here are the instructions:

I suggest unplugging the power cord and shutting the unit off and trying a Hard Reset. Press and Hold the power button and the Down volume button together and hold them for 10-12 seconds and let them both go. You should see a little shape in the middle of the screen so just press and release the Down volume button again and let it reboot. See if this clears up your problem.
    Monet likes this.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    With a Hard Reset there is nothing to restore or reinstall!
    Seems to have worked exactly as you instructed. Thank you for your patient assistance!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did the factory reset after the 3.1 OTA. It is still at 3.1. Is there any non-root way to get it back to factory default?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by abochman View Post
    I did the factory reset after the 3.1 OTA. It is still at 3.1. Is there any non-root way to get it back to factory default?
    There may be so someone may give you an answer before long but why do you want to go back to 3.01?
    Current Devices:

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    391 times
    Quote Originally Posted by abochman View Post

No. Once you flash (update) to a newer OS version the only way to get back to an earlier version is to flash a stock ROM. Which does require root.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads