Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

Locked out because of Too many pattern attempts

Hi!

Can somebody please help me login to my tablet TF101. I set a pattern lock but my kids might have attempted to unlock the tablet quite few times and now I am getting this message "Too many pattern attempts". I tried using my gmail account but it seems that its not recognizing it.

Thanks a bunch!!
    Meneth

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    if the wifi is connected your gmail account should work. If the WIFI is off, I'm afraid that the most likely fix is going to be a factory data reset through the bootloader (power down, press and hold volume - and power until you see 4 icons, selec the wipe data selection and let it work). The data wipe will wipe absolutely everything.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    hey meneth,

i am also facing same issue, unable to log in into gmail account, i tried for factory reset also its not working im getting android symbol with warning. if u resolved this issue please help me out.

@experts : please suggest me....

AndroidRedTriangle.JPG

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Suresh View Post
    hey meneth,

i am also facing same issue, unable to log in into gmail account, i tried for factory reset also its not working im getting android symbol with warning. if u resolved this issue please help me out.

@experts : please suggest me....

AndroidRedTriangle.JPG
    That is recovery, not a factory reset. When holding VOL DOWN and POWER, do not push vol up at the white text. Wait for the next screen with 2 icons and choose the WIPE DATA option.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been locked out of my Asus Transformer TFT101 due to several pattern attempts, and my gmail id is not being accepted. How do i proceed. I do not want to loose my content on my Eee Pad. For proof of purchase i have my amazon bill in my Amazon account. How do i reset the password?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried this several times and it is still bringing me to the Google account sign in. When the screen with the two icons appears I am able touch the android symbol and it will start; however, even when I press down to switch/highlight the "wipe data" option I am unable to touch it and in 10 seconds it starts up. I have done this several times and nothing. Please help! Thanks, in advance!

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nicobenais View Post
    I tried this several times and it is still bringing me to the Google account sign in. When the screen with the two icons appears I am able touch the android symbol and it will start; however, even when I press down to switch/highlight the "wipe data" option I am unable to touch it and in 10 seconds it starts up. I have done this several times and nothing. Please help! Thanks, in advance!
    Use the VOL DOWN button to select the other icon, then VOL UP to confirm. Twice.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi All, I have an Asus Transformer Eee Prime TF201. I have the original box and i think the receipt is still in it. My wife and I have four children (all boys). The oldest tried to do the pattern and locked out my tablet. I have been reading posts about how to fix this. I do not want to erase the memory because i have pics and videos of the kids! Also, I could not even wipe the data if i wanted to because i cannot get to the USB selection in the bootloader. I am able to get to the screen that shows the four icons (RCK, Android, USB, Wipe Data) but for the life of me i cannot select any icon.. the RCK is the only one highlighted. I tried up / down volume buttons. I hope someone can help.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok.. I was able to get to the USB icon. It is now highlighted. I ran "adb devices", but it does not show up. I am on a windows box. I will try on linux now.. keep you posted.

Update.. i was able to get to the USB icon and then run "fastboot devices" and it found my device. I guess I have to create an Update.zip file and have it run on the device somehow.

Do I copy the file to a micro SD card?
    Last edited by robnardo; 01-21-2015 at 08:53 PM. Reason: got to the USB icon and fastboot detection

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    I espect your are not too far from here, I've got the same problem than you : But how did you select other icons in bootloader ??
    I try vol +/- and I can't change the RCK selection.

Quote Originally Posted by robnardo View Post
    Hi All, I have an Asus Transformer Eee Prime TF201. I have the original box and i think the receipt is still in it. My wife and I have four children (all boys). The oldest tried to do the pattern and locked out my tablet. I have been reading posts about how to fix this. I do not want to erase the memory because i have pics and videos of the kids! Also, I could not even wipe the data if i wanted to because i cannot get to the USB selection in the bootloader. I am able to get to the screen that shows the four icons (RCK, Android, USB, Wipe Data) but for the life of me i cannot select any icon.. the RCK is the only one highlighted. I tried up / down volume buttons. I hope someone can help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links