Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Finding your Transformer no longer charges from the wall wart adapter?

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times

Post Finding your Transformer no longer charges from the wall wart adapter?

So you plug your Transformer into its power adapter, and the charging indicator stubbornly refuses to come on.

Don't panic!

Remember you assembled your power adapter from two parts? Disassemble it again. See those two flimsy bent-wire pins that are on the body of the adapter and which should mate with your country-specific plug?

Sometimes they just don't. Very, very gently bend those two pins outward - just a little - and then reassemble the power adapter.

Your Transformer should charge again now.

Later edit...

Didn't work, huh?

Don't panic!

Try putting your charger in a plastic bag and popping it into the freezer for a while.

No, really. The freezer.

Apparently there's a thermal cut out which doesn't sometime play well with the fact that the charger can get hot.
    This post was brought to you by "OH NO! WHAT DO I DO? MY TABLET WON'T CHARGE," several cups of coffee and a small heart attack.
    Last edited by moose; 07-10-2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Added another fix.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Currently just outside London in the UK but soon to be Ottawa, Canada
    Liked
    12 times
    Mine does seem very intermittent - now it seems to have stopped working altogether despite multiple attempts. I'm going to try and get a replacement but it definitely does seem to be weak point of the overall design.

Update: Strange, I took some advice I read in another forum and pulled the USB charging adapter out of the socket for a while and that seems to have reset something. So it's working fine now.

Robert
    Last edited by rwniel; 05-16-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Moose

Thank you very much for the tip, bending of the pins outward worked perfectly for me.
    Saved me a 2 hour drive to Cork and 2 hours back, would have lost one day to drop it off and another to collect it again.

Thanks again

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Are the parts supposed to be flush?

I have never been able to get my two charge parts to join together and be flush with one another. It keeps telling me to connect the charger. I will try the tip to bend the pins outwards. I bought the docking station thinking it would have it's own adapter plug but found out I still need to use the existing plugs. Good thing I still have time before I give this to the hub for Father's Day.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chereya View Post
    I have never been able to get my two charge parts to join together and be flush with one another. It keeps telling me to connect the charger. I will try the tip to bend the pins outwards. I bought the docking station thinking it would have it's own adapter plug but found out I still need to use the existing plugs. Good thing I still have time before I give this to the hub for Father's Day.
    You sound like a good wifey! Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    343 times
    Thank you moose!!! After having tablet for a month with no problems, it suddenly stopped charging. Your fix worked great.
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rwniel View Post
    Update: Strange, I took some advice I read in another forum and pulled the USB charging adapter out of the socket for a while and that seems to have reset something. So it's working fine now.
    I had initial problems with the charger and browsing some eee (laptop/notebooky) fora I found that its an overheating issue ... the recommendations there were to put it in the fridge or freezer (!) as there is a thermal cut-out. Apparently some poor design - conducts a hell of a lot of charge and relies on a thermal cut-out - poor design apparently [and along with tiny cable it does seem rather cheap and nasty by comaprison with the hi-design, hi-quality of the TF].

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi All, new here, live in Bunbury Western Australia.

Was looking for a new power adapter for my Transformer and found this site And a solve for the adapter not working..
    To be honest my adpapter came already assembled (Bought it in Tulsa USA) didn't relaise it came apart
    Thanks Moose that fixed the problem

George

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rwniel View Post
    Mine does seem very intermittent - now it seems to have stopped working altogether despite multiple attempts. I'm going to try and get a replacement but it definitely does seem to be weak point of the overall design.

Robert
    So I had the same issue here in the US, and taking the adapter apart and bending the prongs didn't work for me... SO then as a last resort I tried this solution - leaving the USB unplugged seperate from the AC adapter for around 40 mins and then I plugged it into the dock (without tablet) and I had the red flashing light....it was charging....this solution worked for me! Thank you

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    343 times
    I also just read that sometimes the circuit goes dead inside. Put the power brick in a zippy bag and put in the freezer for an hour. It resets itself and then charges. My charger quit for the 2nd time today. I was using an extension cord and it no longer charged. I plugged it into my daughters tablet in a different outlet and it started to charge. I put it back into mine and it started to charge??????. I then put it back into the extension cord and it started to work again.very screwy behavior... I'll have to try the freezer next :-)
    Kgs Original Transformer with dock- rooted (TF 101)- USA

nook & libre pro e-readers-asus vivobook- samsung orig. galaxy note- Galaxy Note 8- asus TF 101 and dock with 4.4 kitkat- Iphone 5s- galaxy Mega
    "Never be afraid to try, but always know where your back-up is when you screw up!"

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads