Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Finding your Transformer no longer charges from the wall wart adapter?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by furrylemon View Post
    Hi guys,
    This is my first post on any forum and apologise if i am doing anything wrong.
    I just wanted to let you know that i had fixed my charger problem by following these steps that i found on another site. I had tried all the other fixes mentioned to no avail..
    Hope this helps.The following is from another forum...............

Hi ppl, I think this is probably one of my first posts on here but I wanted to share how helpful the above post was and add on to it with some pictures to help everybody in case this might be the issue with their chargers too. I had the same exact issue as several have mentioned in this thread so far. TF101 wouldn't charge and:

- I had the 0B-1LF charger base as well
    - The USB cable connected fine to the unit and to my laptop (I could access the tablet from my PC)

I spoke with ASUS and they wanted me to pay to send the charger and USB cable to a warranty center, which I personally think is ridiculous for warranty work, so I dug a little deeper.

After guessing that it was probably the charger base and reading the above post, I decided to look inside the port where the USB cable plugs in. Here's what you see (just copy and paste and remove the space between http and ://, this forum has some pretty ridiculous newb rules. I'm not a spammer)

http ://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/IMAG0313.jpg

There are a bunch of gold prongs on the bottom, but on the top of the port (closest to the ASUS logo) are two larger silver metal prongs that hold the USB cable in tightly and press it against the gold ones below. You can see them pretty clearly in the picture above.

I used a thumb tack to gently pry them back downwards toward the gold prongs so that the USB cable would seat better. Problem solved!

http ://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/IMAG0314.jpg

It's worth a shot before you all spend a couple of bucks shipping something to their warranty center. Hope that helps everyone.
    this solution worked for me. thanks so much. my transformer is only a few hours old and it wouldnt charge. but all is well now. thanks again.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunky424 View Post
    this solution worked for me. thanks so much. my transformer is only a few hours old and it wouldnt charge. but all is well now. thanks again.
    Did you take a look at my post just below your post.

I have attached an image of the charger and also warning people of a problem.

I am a careful user - but my charger has this problem now - so watch out - you may get into this problem as well.
    VLBaindoor

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you. I had this problem once before and it was just that the two pieces had slipped apart just a little, so reassembling worked. This time I was a little paniced when that didn't work. Re-adjusting the prongs did the trick.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    this is my first time posting on a forum as well. Long story short my charger failed so I began seaching for a new one or better yet a fix. THIS FIX IS ABSOLUTELY ON THE MONEY! Good one and thank you.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow, thank you all so much. For me it was the usb inlet on the adapter. Such a simple fix what had completely ruined my night.

After a slight adjustment I plugged it in and presto! Blinking orange light. YES! Within the last hour the dock went from completely discharged to blinking orange light and now it is solid. The tablet turned itself on and is up to 12% in a very short time, so it's getting a good healthy charge. Keep in mind I'm charging the dock and tablet together. Now that the tab has a little juice I'm going to disconnect and shut it down so the dock can charge quicker.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by MrHereWeGoYo; 10-11-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHereWeGoYo View Post
    Wow, thank you all so much. For me it was the usb inlet on the adapter. Such a simple fix what had completely ruined my night.
    After a slight adjustment I plugged it in and presto! Blinking orange light. YES! Within the last hour the dock went from completely discharged to blinking orange light and now it is solid. The tablet turned itself on and is up to 12% in a very short time, so it's getting a good healthy charge. Keep in mind I'm charging the dock and tablet together. Now that the tab has a little juice I'm going to disconnect and shut it down so the dock can charge quicker.
    Thanks again.
    That is good news.

For the benefit of everyone here can you please explain what was the problem that you had?

You mention 'USB inlet on the adapter' - do you mean the USB plug on the Charger Cable or do you mean USB socket on the Charger brick?

I would connect the charger to the TF when it is On, start the charging process and shutdown the TF when it is connected to the charger.

If you disconnect the charger, then shutdown the TF and then again connect the charger, you would find that as soon as you plug in the charger and switch on the charger, the TF switches itself On and would remain On - untill you unlock the pad and then shut it down. So it is recommended that you follow the sequence in the proper order.

Connect the charger, switch on the charger, then shutdown the tablet (when it is docked or otherwise), while keeping the charger connected to tablet and mains and charging.
    Last edited by vlbaindoor; 10-11-2011 at 02:07 AM.
    VLBaindoor

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vlbaindoor View Post
    That is good news.

For the benefit of everyone here can you please explain what was the problem that you had?

You mention 'USB inlet on the adapter' - do you mean the USB plug on the Charger Cable or do you mean USB socket on the Charger brick?
    Option B. I went back and forth on which term to use. lol

I would connect the charger to the TF when it is On, start the charging process and shutdown the TF when it is connected to the charger.

If you disconnect the charger, then shutdown the TF and then again connect the charger, you would find that as soon as you plug in the charger and switch on the charger, the TF switches itself On and would remain On - untill you unlock the pad and then shut it down. So it is recommended that you follow the sequence in the proper order.

Connect the charger, switch on the charger, then shutdown the tablet (when it is docked or otherwise), while keeping the charger connected to tablet and mains and charging.
    I do finding myself having to unlock and shutdown again after plugging in the charger but I didn't think much of it. Thanks for the tip.

Gerald

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay, so this total piece of crap wont work, can't get it to turn on. I charged it....but can't tell if the charger is even working. I then hooked it up directly to my laptop and tired that way....no go. I will freeze it...but I can't get the god damn thing ot turn on. Took it to Europe...was working over there fin now it is not. Angry tablet owner..have had nothing but issues with this thing since i bought it. can someone email me at charlenemanley@hotmail.com... it goes to my blackberry.... thanks.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Pin Fix works

Quote Originally Posted by furrylemon View Post
    Hi guys,
    This is my first post on any forum and apologise if i am doing anything wrong.
    I just wanted to let you know that i had fixed my charger problem by following these steps that i found on another site. I had tried all the other fixes mentioned to no avail..
    Hope this helps.The following is from another forum...............

Hi ppl, I think this is probably one of my first posts on here but I wanted to share how helpful the above post was and add on to it with some pictures to help everybody in case this might be the issue with their chargers too. I had the same exact issue as several have mentioned in this thread so far. TF101 wouldn't charge and:

- I had the 0B-1LF charger base as well
    - The USB cable connected fine to the unit and to my laptop (I could access the tablet from my PC)

I spoke with ASUS and they wanted me to pay to send the charger and USB cable to a warranty center, which I personally think is ridiculous for warranty work, so I dug a little deeper.

After guessing that it was probably the charger base and reading the above post, I decided to look inside the port where the USB cable plugs in. Here's what you see (just copy and paste and remove the space between http and ://, this forum has some pretty ridiculous newb rules. I'm not a spammer)

http ://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/IMAG0313.jpg

There are a bunch of gold prongs on the bottom, but on the top of the port (closest to the ASUS logo) are two larger silver metal prongs that hold the USB cable in tightly and press it against the gold ones below. You can see them pretty clearly in the picture above.

I used a thumb tack to gently pry them back downwards toward the gold prongs so that the USB cable would seat better. Problem solved!
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...cons/icon7.png
    http ://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/IMAG0314.jpg

It's worth a shot before you all spend a couple of bucks shipping something to their warranty center. Hope that helps everyone.
    furrylemon, you sir are a legend. Pin solution worked for me. Thank you!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    looks like putting it in the freezer works for me. i'm surprised that Asus don't do nothing to resolve this annoying issue !!!!

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Ads