Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Finding your Transformer no longer charges from the wall wart adapter?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello,
    My TF300T is also having charging issues. I've done the freezer technique before and it worked fine but does not work this time around.
    I've tried bending the pins outward on the part of the plug mentioned in the first post and it doesn't work.
    I've tried leaving it for 10 hours plus into my pc and no joy.
    The actual plug will charge my phone using the cable for the phone (Samsung S5)
    The cable for the Tf300T when i plug only the table and not the keyboard dock shows up on my pc and has a data transfer mode but no charge.
    At a bit of a loss now. Doesn't feel like buying a new cable or full charger will work as both elements seem to function in some form or another. Just not the actual function i need.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Martmart View Post
    Hello,
    My TF300T is also having charging issues. I've done the freezer technique before and it worked fine but does not work this time around.
    I've tried bending the pins outward on the part of the plug mentioned in the first post and it doesn't work.
    I've tried leaving it for 10 hours plus into my pc and no joy.
    The actual plug will charge my phone using the cable for the phone (Samsung S5)
    The cable for the Tf300T when i plug only the table and not the keyboard dock shows up on my pc and has a data transfer mode but no charge.
    At a bit of a loss now. Doesn't feel like buying a new cable or full charger will work as both elements seem to function in some form or another. Just not the actual function i need.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks.
    Well as much as you don't want to spend any money. You are going to have to.
    A little wider reading would have taught you that your TF charger outputs at both 5v & ~15v. The connections in the cable, charger & device determine which is used. So, your charger and cable will charge your phone at 5v - just not your TF at 15v.

The data wires are different to the charging wires - each single cable contains a whole lot of small wires, y'know.

Buy a new charger &/or cable - or alternatively give the TF300 to a charity and buy something a little more robust/up to date. Your money - your choice.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links