Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Finding your Transformer no longer charges from the wall wart adapter?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    I've read a lot about the charger problems in this and many threads. My wife and I both own a Transformer TF101 each. Both have stopped charging.
    I've tried the freezer trick, the plug the usb into a computer and the bend the pins. But nothing has worked.
    What I have not read in the past is that my TF101 is completely dead but will power up if the charger is plugged in. This would lead me to thing the actual battery is not charging.
    I have read some things about chipsets and the firmware issues that can cause what I'm seeing.
    Any thoughts?

Thank you

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmck View Post
    Hi,
    I've read a lot about the charger problems in this and many threads. My wife and I both own a Transformer TF101 each. Both have stopped charging.
    I've tried the freezer trick, the plug the usb into a computer and the bend the pins. But nothing has worked.
    What I have not read in the past is that my TF101 is completely dead but will power up if the charger is plugged in. This would lead me to thing the actual battery is not charging.
    I have read some things about chipsets and the firmware issues that can cause what I'm seeing.
    Any thoughts?

Thank you
    Welcome to the forum

If you check our definitive battery/charging guide - linked from the Master Help Guide (link in signature) - you can read several folks have experienced what you are.

It is possibly down to your battery coming to the end of its natural life - you can change the battery yourself if you open the case up. We have threads on here from folks who have been successful with that course of action.

If both devices are doing the same then that is a little weird & I would wonder about the charger/s you are using.

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you Janner will continue to read your Master help guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I have tried everything and nothing seems to work
    I can't tell if its the base or the cord.. I plugged the cord into another tablet charger got nothing, I plug the USB into my computer and it recognizes the tab... Also when I plug i my docking keyboard it has the orange light flashing which I think means charging I'm not sure.... Any clue on what I should do
    Last edited by Stephhh; 08-18-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephhh View Post
    I have tried everything and nothing seems to work
    I can't tell if its the base or the cord.. I plugged the cord into another tablet charger got nothing, I plug the USB into my computer and it recognizes the tab... Also when I plug i my docking keyboard it has the orange light flashing which I think means charging I'm not sure.... Any clue on what I should do
    Welcome to the forum

My advice - read through the definitive guide on batteries/charging linked from the Master Help Guide. Also have a browse through the user manual that is available from Asus which also explains what the charging lights mean.

Finally, connect your tablet ONLY to a powered on PC USB port for 10 hours at a minimum. That will trickle charge your battery & resurrect it if it can be. After that, if your charger is working correctly it should accept a charge from the normal a/c charger (which is unique to the Transformer range).

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 08-19-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks but I have already done all that. I don't know what else is wrong with it

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephhh View Post
    Thanks but I have already done all that. I don't know what else is wrong with it
    In which case there are only a few options left. Either
    1) your charger is faulty
    2) your charging cable is faulty (possible even though the PC recognises your TF)
    3) the charging connection point in your TF is faulty
    4) your battery has died & needs replacing (possible if you have charged the device a lot of times, they do have a limited life - the master help guide definitive guide on batteries gives more on that) or has a faulty power connection

Accessing (borrowing?) a different charger & cable would be where I would start, personally. It is a process of elimination now - start with the easiest & most likely cause & work through...

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 08-20-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times

eepad transformer charger does not work

I cannot get my charger to work. It worked fine in the UK, now here in the US nothing I do seems to work. I have tried adpators, pluging the USB into another adaptor, I have tried both the tablet and the keyboard separatly, and together, zilch. nada. I now have a dead eepad and no good at all. what can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    I also just read that sometimes the circuit goes dead inside. Put the power brick in a zippy bag and put in the freezer for an hour. It resets itself and then charges. My charger quit for the 2nd time today. I was using an extension cord and it no longer charged. I plugged it into my daughters tablet in a different outlet and it started to charge. I put it back into mine and it started to charge??????. I then put it back into the extension cord and it started to work again.very screwy behavior... I'll have to try the freezer next :-)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    noe I am trying the freezer trick. I trick bending out the little prongs, - everything. So far, nothing else has worked. I am a bit cheesed off with Asus. What is the point of having a tablet like this if you cannot travel with it?

Quote Originally Posted by halibrewer View Post
    I cannot get my charger to work. It worked fine in the UK, now here in the US nothing I do seems to work. I have tried adpators, pluging the USB into another adaptor, I have tried both the tablet and the keyboard separatly, and together, zilch. nada. I now have a dead eepad and no good at all. what can I do?

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    255 times
    halibrewer,

You can travel with it. I have used the Asus charger (two of them actually) with 230V down to100V, in different parts of the world. Charger works fine. I suspect your cable. The Asus cables are not robust, and can break e.g. when wound up for travel. Happened to me. Now I always bring at least one spare.

-Tor

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links