Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Finding your Transformer no longer charges from the wall wart adapter?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Yep, this is weird. So I plugged Burnt Noodle (my transformer) into it's energon replenishing device last night expecting a fully charged unit this morning. To my horror, when I woke it up this morning, the battery was at 44%. Remembering not to panic, I mozied back to the charger to attempt the fix described by Moose. No dice. Hmmm... If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Still didn't work.

So, now here I am, just shy of full on hyperventilation, going back through the forum to check for other fixes...see where some have sent their power bricks back to Asus for the llllooooooonnnngggggg wait for replacement... not good. Then I ran across the "throw that bad boy in the freezer" option.

Yeah, that looked weird...so, I gave it a try....and BANG it worked. Who would've thought.

So Burnt Noodle is back on it's frozen charger, juicing back up for another busy day.

Thanks MikeB for sharing, and thanks to Moose for the thread.
    Alright you primitive screw heads, listen up. See this? This... is my BOOM STICK!

HTC Inspire 4G - Stock
    Asus Transformer - Rooted - Prime 1.8.4

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Talking No Go

I don't usually panic but this is getting frustrating, 2 week out of the box and Bam, the charger is dead. Tried both tips left on the tread (pin and freeze) still no go, hhhrrrggg...
    The TF101 eee pad is great, I have rely nothing to complain in fact it as replaced my laptop and my son's PSP we both love it. it's to bad Asus didn't paid as much attention to what seems to be a major problem for many. As any body seen or heard of a 3rd party wall charger for the Asus or any other charger combination that can be used with the TF101? I've called Asus support line and they are not a very good after sales service company even quite arrogant. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steven and Noam

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Steven,

Something like this will work: Dynex™ - Universal AC/DC Charger for Cameras and Camcorders - DX-UA Not sure if you are near a Best Buy. It has to output 11 V minimum and have a USB connector. Folks over at xda-developers have confirmed this is a substitute and will work.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So my transformer didnt come with a full on brick. Instead just a usb cable and an adaptor. Is that what were all referringto?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    It comes with a US two pronged wall adapter with a USB port on the other side, and a USB cable to charge it. The big debate here is if your Wall Adapter or USB cord craps out on you for some reason (faulty manufacturing or operator brute force) and your device wont charge, what do you do, and did it happen after a firmware update or what is the issue.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

buned out charger

thanks Frederuco, I'll try that and get back to you.

Steven and Noam

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am so upset because I bought this Item today and the charger is not working! I tried everything!!!!!! Why does this always happen to me!!!!!

Edit: I tried my I phone's wall adapter, and I used it for the Asus transformer by using only the USB cable, but it did not work. Now I know it's a faulty fail! of my USB cable that came with the Asus! It makes me sooooooo mad sometimes.....Maybe all the time!

P.S: Do you guys know where I can get a USB cable for the Asus Transformer, because it does not charge and oh yeah, it does work when you plug it in a Laptop, using the USB cable, although it does not charge. I know that there are wires in a USB cable and I think one of them that is for the power is F****D!!

Please reply to me guys!
    Last edited by Ulquiorra; 07-24-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    IMO, if it works for a computer then it is not a bad USB cable. Your iPhone charger does not look like it is working but if you leave it for an hour it will gain 1-4%. USB only puts out 5 VDC and 500 mA. The TF charger puts out ~12 VDC and 5000 mA to charge it much faster. I think it is your wall adapter that's bad. Check the forums for the word "charger" for some suggestions on where to get one.
    Ulquiorra likes this.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    As for Car chargers for the Asus Transformer, I found one on Ebay you can buy which works well! Griffin 2 DUO USB CAR CHARGER Asus transformer tf101 | eBay

P.S: I ordered one just now. Please tell me I'm buying the right thing to charge it in my car?
    Last edited by Ulquiorra; 07-24-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    91 times
    You say it works well, then ask us how well it works?

I doubt it will do more than trickle charge.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links