Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [How To] Properly set your HD wallpaper on Honeycomb

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times

Lightbulb [How To] Properly set your HD wallpaper on Honeycomb

So you've downloaded a bunch of nice HD wallpapers with just about the right resolution for your honeycomb tablet, but then when you try to set the wallpaper in the honeycomb gallery, you realised that the crop tool isn't doing such a great job at cropping your wallpaper especially for landscape view. So what do you do? I'll introduce you a very nice application that does the dirty work for you and have screenshots of the original wallpaper that i've downloaded with the one that i've loaded up after using the tool. Check out the article here:

Android Supernova: Supernova Article: How to properly set HD Wallpapers on your Honeycomb Tablet
    Last edited by mlbl; 08-08-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Any idea what the settings should be for the transformer in Wizardrii?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djchad72 View Post
    Any idea what the settings should be for the transformer in Wizardrii?

This is entirely up to you, if you prefer a manual crop you can choose the crop option when you set the wallpaper. either way it works better than the stock gingerbread cropping tool anytime.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Is the crop for honeycomb the same as gingerbread? Also, I have not found any of the above apps or others to actually let you use the FULL picture. I used the Trueblood Season 3 layout picture and it cut the heads off most of the cast in the background. this is not acceptable when you can view the picture full screen and see everything just fine.

Why a picture just cant be a picture when a wall paper is beyond me.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djchad72 View Post
    Is the crop for honeycomb the same as gingerbread? Also, I have not found any of the above apps or others to actually let you use the FULL picture. I used the Trueblood Season 3 layout picture and it cut the heads off most of the cast in the background. this is not acceptable when you can view the picture full screen and see everything just fine.

Why a picture just cant be a picture when a wall paper is beyond me.

Nope the stock honeycomb crop tool is not like gingerbread. The reason why you cant get the full picture even with 3rd party applications is due to the fact that the wallpapers on android can be scrolled unlike a normal desktop screen. So width wise it has to be longer and if it isn't, cropping is therefore required in order to properly scroll. Take a look at the article that i've written, so far that's the best way i've managed to get a wallpaper look close to the original even though cropping is involved, it is way better than using the stock honeycomb one.
    phxbee likes this.

tim
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    Wizardarii is a bit weird itself. It won't recognise many images, I tried some out of Photoshop CS4 and Irfanview and it said unrecognised format, even though gallery and Quickpic displayed them. I ended up using the standard tool, which sucks pretty bad but at least can recognise my images.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Wizardarii is a bit weird itself. It won't recognise many images, I tried some out of Photoshop CS4 and Irfanview and it said unrecognised format, even though gallery and Quickpic displayed them. I ended up using the standard tool, which sucks pretty bad but at least can recognise my images.
    yes I noticed that too, perhaps there might be some format issues that it cant recognize, perhaps we need to feedback to the author to check on this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ive been looking for a solution to the wallpaper issue with cropping. this is a pretty good solution but i found myself using Multipicture Live Wallpaper app available on the market. i stumbled upon it here in a thread which someone suggested and i am entirely satisfied with it. it allows me to use the full picture as the wallpaper and i can also set different wallpapers for different screens which is awesome. there are many other settings like setting a different wallpaper for the lockscreen and other settings that i havent fiddled around with yet.

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbl View Post
    yes I noticed that too, perhaps there might be some format issues that it cant recognize, perhaps we need to feedback to the author to check on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    I have found that the Wizardarii has some bugs - even the images it recognises once, it suddenly says it can not recognise it, exit out of the app, try it again and it recognises the same image without issue - looks like it is not managing its allocated memory properly.
    VLBaindoor

tim
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    I used just the standard Android way of doing things, but even that's a bit buggy. I used a medium res jpeg, 2000 pixels wide. When I exit an app sometimes it only redraws part of the background. If I rotate the tablet left then right it redraws it properly.

It's definitely an immature operating system, with lots of little quirks and bugs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links