Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    27258
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times

    Stuck in recovery mode and ADB says unauthorized.

    Hi There
    I started using my TF101.
    I had a custom rom on it and I choose for reset to factory settings.
    the next time I booted my TF101 it went directly into clockwork recovery. (one click and I am in the recovery mode v 3.1.0.1)
    First I tried to flash an older custom rom. This had no effect.

    Then I wanted to cold boot my TF101.
    When I choose for the cold boot option it doesn't boot. The tablet is active but it doesnt boot.

    Then I started the following guide.
    ({Guide}ClockWorkMod recovery bootloop fix (Tested on my c10) Windows) (The sticky)

    There is no possibility to get in the tablet now.

    I also followed this guide (https://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/ho...droid-devices/)

    Now the problem occurs.

    ADB is installed.
    When i connect my Xony Xperia phone it finds the phone. (adb devices shows the sony phone)

    Then I connect my tf101.
    when it starts in recovery mode the list is empty.

    C:\adb>adb devices
    List of devices attached

    When I start my tf101 in cold boot modus (it doesnt actually fully starts up but I see it working)
    it says:
    C:\adb>adb devices
    List of devices attached
    037c6249415f9497 unauthorized


    Is there a way around this?
    Can somebody help me?

  2. #2
    Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,642
    Liked
    697 times
    Once you gave a custom recovery installed never ever use anything else to do any kind of wiping! That got you into this mess...
    You can't use adb in recovery probably because that CWM version does not support it and you can't use it in Android because you probably have USB debugging disabled. Can't change that if you can't boot, so I think your best bet is to use Easy Flasher to return to stock.
    From there you can start again from scratch.
    Find the thread for Easy Flasher on XDA and check out Frederuco's guide in the Development section on this forum.
    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    27258
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Once you gave a custom recovery installed never ever use anything else to do any kind of wiping! That got you into this mess...
    You can't use adb in recovery probably because that CWM version does not support it and you can't use it in Android because you probably have USB debugging disabled. Can't change that if you can't boot, so I think your best bet is to use Easy Flasher to return to stock.
    From there you can start again from scratch.
    Find the thread for Easy Flasher on XDA and check out Frederuco's guide in the Development section on this forum.
    Good luck!
    Thank you very much.
    So you think that there is a solution. I thougt I bricked it.

    Do you refer to these threads:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1688012
    or this one
    Frederuco's Guide to Root and ROM the TF101

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    27258
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    Help.

    I did a lot of things the last few hours.

    I installed the naked drivers and later on the nvflash windows driver.
    When I boot the tf101 with the power en vol-up button held my Win pc sees the tablet.
    (when I installed the nvflash driver the device manager says nvidia usb boot ....)

    When I use the easyflasher the program says done but nothing happened.
    I tried the sdk1 and sdk2.

    then I used nvflash.
    i run the download.bat.

    the following text appears and for the first time something happened on my tablet. (I see white letters in the topcorner.)

    The following text appears in windows.

    K:\android rooten\nvflashtf>"nvflash.exe" --bct transformer.bct --setbct --configfile flash.cfg --create --bl bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x300d8011 --sbk 0x1682CCD8 0x8A1A43EA 0xA532EEB6 0xECFE1D98 --go
    Nvflash started
    rcm version 0X20001
    System Information:
    chip name: t20
    chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 4
    chip sku: 0x8
    chip uid: 0x037c6249415f9497
    macrovision: disabled
    hdcp: enabled
    sbk burned: true
    dk burned: true
    boot device: emmc
    operating mode: 4
    device config strap: 0
    device config fuse: 0
    sdram config strap: 0

    sending file: transformer.bct
    - 4080/4080 bytes sent
    transformer.bct sent successfully
    odm data: 0x300d8011
    downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000
    sending file: bootloader.bin
    | 943193/943193 bytes sent
    bootloader.bin sent successfully
    waiting for bootloader to initialize
    bootloader downloaded successfully
    setting device: 2 3
    creating partition: BCT
    creating partition: PT
    creating partition: EBT
    creating partition: SOS
    creating partition: LNX
    creating partition: BAK
    creating partition: GP1
    creating partition: APP
    creating partition: CAC
    creating partition: MSC
    creating partition: USP
    creating partition: PER
    creating partition: YTU
    creating partition: UDA
    creating partition: GPT
    Formatting partition 2 BCT please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 3 PT please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 4 EBT please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 5 SOS please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 6 LNX please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 7 BAK please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 8 GP1 please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 9 APP please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 10 CAC please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 11 MSC please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 12 USP please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 13 PER please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 14 YTU please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 15 UDA please wait.. done!
    Formatting partition 16 GPT please wait.. done!
    done!
    sending file: bootloader.bin
    | 943193/943193 bytes sent
    bootloader.bin sent successfully


    When I now boot my tf101 there are three options.
    1. just the power on button - > screen with asus logo. (different logo then before)
    2. vol up and power -> apx mode - my windows pc sees the tablet (as nvidia...)
    3. vol down and power - > I can only choose wipe data. (no android anymore)

    With easyflasher i used the ww... rom and the us... rom.

    Can anyone please help me?

  5. #5
    Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,642
    Liked
    697 times
    Where did you get nvflash from? I have not used EasyFlasher since I don't have a 101 but I don't see an option to just run nvflash.. Did you get that somewhere else??
    But anyway, the output looks good and it could well be that you do not see an Android anymore because you don't have anything on the system partition. Or you flashed the wrong bootloader - I have no idea and your description is not detailed enough to even guess...
    You downloaded the Asus firmware from their website, put that zip in to the asusupdate folder in Easy Flasher and flashed it?

    Actually yes, looking at the nvflash output, it recreated and formatted each single partition. And since you did not flash anything to them, there can't be a recovery or system. Everything is squeaky clean and empty
    Try to flash the stock rom again

    You can also try to flash the TWRP recovery that is offered in EasyFlasher. It is hopelessly outdated but the point is to get any recovery onto the tablet. Once you got that you can easily update it.
    Keep us posted
    Last edited by droidbound; 01-10-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi


  6. #6
    Soundwave
    Member #
    27258
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times

    Talking

    thanks again.

    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Where did you get nvflash from? I have not used EasyFlasher since I don't have a 101 but I don't see an option to just run nvflash.. Did you get that somewhere else??
    Got it from xda developers forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    But anyway, the output looks good and it could well be that you do not see an Android anymore because you don't have anything on the system partition. Or you flashed the wrong bootloader - I have no idea and your description is not detailed enough to even guess...
    You downloaded the Asus firmware from their website, put that zip in to the asusupdate folder in Easy Flasher and flashed it?

    Actually yes, looking at the nvflash output, it recreated and formatted each single partition. And since you did not flash anything to them, there can't be a recovery or system. Everything is squeaky clean and empty
    Try to flash the stock rom again
    this is where i have got the firmware from: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - Eee Pad Transformer TF101
    I have tried this a couple of times.
    nothing happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    You can also try to flash the TWRP recovery that is offered in EasyFlasher. It is hopelessly outdated but the point is to get any recovery onto the tablet. Once you got that you can easily update it.
    Keep us posted
    i used easyflasher again.
    choose the top option. flash recovery.
    I choose the second option . twrp 2.2.1.
    it said it was succesfull

    then i booted.
    the tf101 went into recovery. :-)
    but it was CWM-based recovery v 5.5.0.4 roach-tf101-r2 (very strange but I am in recovery)

    then i formatted a microsd in fat32.
    I put a older HD revolution rom on it and booted again and went into recovery.

    i choose install zip from sdcard.
    now i choose the first two options
    it looks that my tf101 doesnot see the mircosd anymore
    could this be the case?

    You have any new advice?

  7. #7
    Soundwave
    Member #
    27258
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    8
    Liked
    0 times
    in the left corner of the screen it cwm recovery says:
    --installing /sdcard/update.zip
    finding update package...
    opening update package...
    E:can't open /sdcard/update.zip
    (no such file or directory)

  8. #8
    Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,642
    Liked
    697 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hke View Post
    in the left corner of the screen it cwm recovery says:
    --installing /sdcard/update.zip
    finding update package...
    opening update package...
    E:can't open /sdcard/update.zip
    (no such file or directory)
    /sdcard is your internal storage and the recovery is looking for a file named "update.zip".
    That was how we flashed back in the stone age or a little later
    Do you have another option in that recovery?
    Post a screen shot of the recovery options if you can.
    In the meantime you can download the latest TWRP recovery from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2434422
    It comes in a flashable zip file which you can flash in your current recovery.
    Best would be if we could get a better recovery onto the tab... I never liked CWM...
    You may have to rename the TWRP zip you downloaded to "update.zip" to get your Rogue recovery to flash it - idk....
    If you can't get your recovery to see external storage, you may have to adb push the file you want to flash to /sdcard.
    Check if you have an adb connection when booted into recovery with the command:
    adb devices
    Last edited by droidbound; 01-12-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi


 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Recovery in APX mode
    By blis in forum Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 (Tegra 3) Development
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-28-2016, 10:07 PM
  2. Transformer Prime stuck in recovery mode!
    By raynours in forum Transformer Prime Development
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 02:01 PM
  3. TF101 stuck in clockworkmod recovery mode
    By donmaz187 in forum Asus Transformer Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 01:00 PM
  4. [Q] Stuck in APX mode - I believe?
    By jasvin in forum Transformer Prime Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-17-2012, 11:55 PM
  5. Transformer Prime stuck in recovery mode!
    By raynours in forum Transformer Prime Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:35 PM.