Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8178
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    2 times

    Password manager Truekey doesn't run on my rooted & ROMed tf101

    Hi

    For years, thanks to help from this group, my rooted TF101 has been running timduru's roms with no problem. Currently, I have lollipop installed. However, I seem to have run into a snag with truekey. I installed the truekey app and it installed fine, however when I try to run it, it gives me an error saying "Sorry truekey has stopped" and crashes. I install and run truekey on my android phone running lollipop with no problem. So apparently the only difference is that the tablet is rooted.

    I have searched on the internet for any clues and have come up empty. Has anybody run into this or similar issue and can assist. Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    12453
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Posts
    13,775
    Liked
    2796 times
    Your duplicate post to this (which was moved here after it was incorrectly posted elsewhere) has been deleted. Please do not cross post further copies. Thank you.

    PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

    Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

    Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

    Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

    Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

  3. #3
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,550
    Liked
    674 times
    As janner said: It is against forum rules to open several threads with the same topic. I deleted the thread you opened in the Help section. Please do not open further threads on this.

    I seriously doubt that root is the problem but since I do not know the app I can't tell for sure. Easy enough to check: Unroot the tablet from within the SuperSU app and install it again.
    I just installed TrueKey on a TF700 running rooted Nougatella also by Tim and it seems to work fine.

    App specific problems are very hard to diagnose. This could be a permission problem, could be a conflict with previously installed apps - who knows.
    Two things you can try:
    Enter your recovery and wipe cache and Dalvik, then reboot. Install the app
    If you want to diagnose the problem you would have to run a logcat while the app is crashing. It is difficult but not impossible to interpret such a log for somebody who's new to it.
    Google "running a logcat", there are plenty of tutorials out there.
    Good luck
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi


  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8178
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Your duplicate post to this (which was moved here after it was incorrectly posted elsewhere) has been deleted. Please do not cross post further copies. Thank you.
    I apologize for the cross posting . I had inadvertently posted to the Development section and I did not think of deleting that one before posting to the correct Help section. This will not happen again.

  5. #5
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8178
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    As janner said: It is against forum rules to open several threads with the same topic. I deleted the thread you opened in the Help section. Please do not open further threads on this.

    I seriously doubt that root is the problem but since I do not know the app I can't tell for sure. Easy enough to check: Unroot the tablet from within the SuperSU app and install it again.
    I just installed TrueKey on a TF700 running rooted Nougatella also by Tim and it seems to work fine.

    App specific problems are very hard to diagnose. This could be a permission problem, could be a conflict with previously installed apps - who knows.
    Two things you can try:
    Enter your recovery and wipe cache and Dalvik, then reboot. Install the app
    If you want to diagnose the problem you would have to run a logcat while the app is crashing. It is difficult but not impossible to interpret such a log for somebody who's new to it.
    Google "running a logcat", there are plenty of tutorials out there.
    Good luck
    I just deleted Dalvik cache and cache, and installed the app. It still crashes like before with the message "Unfortunately Truekey has stopped. and the window has Report and OK buttons. My Android installation is a fresh one from timduru's lollipop version 6.0.1. Is there another android or something else I could try? I have not tried logcat yet.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    12453
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Posts
    13,775
    Liked
    2796 times
    Quote Originally Posted by falkunmalti View Post
    I apologize for the cross posting . I had inadvertently posted to the Development section and I did not think of deleting that one before posting to the correct Help section. This will not happen again.
    No worries. We deal with these things all the time

    As it turns out, because you are rooted/ROMed, development is the correct place for your thread.

    PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

    Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

    Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

    Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

    Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

  7. #7
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,550
    Liked
    674 times
    Quote Originally Posted by falkunmalti View Post
    I just deleted Dalvik cache and cache, and installed the app. It still crashes like before with the message "Unfortunately Truekey has stopped. and the window has Report and OK buttons. My Android installation is a fresh one from timduru's lollipop version 6.0.1. Is there another android or something else I could try? I have not tried logcat yet.
    Nothing better than Katshmallow..... You could go back to his KatKiss LP version.... I tested Truekey on Tim's Android 7.0.1 for the TF700 and it ran fine....
    Did you try to unroot and then install the app? Rerooting is as easy as flashing SuperSU in TWRP and installing the app.....
    Well, last resort would be to format data and reinstall but I don't know if it's worth it. Go to the Katshmallow thread and talk another TF101 user into trying Truekey. If he runs into the same problem it's rom related, if not it's you and you should start from scratch.
    Why are you so committed to that app? There are lots of excellent cross platform password managers. mSecure being the one that I have been using for years and can readily recommend.
    Last edited by droidbound; 11-07-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi


  8. #8
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8178
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Nothing better than Katshmallow..... You could go back to his KatKiss LP version.... I tested Truekey on Tim's Android 7.0.1 for the TF700 and it ran fine....
    Did you try to unroot and then install the app? Rerooting is as easy as flashing SuperSU in TWRP and installing the app.....
    Well, last resort would be to format data and reinstall but I don't know if it's worth it. Go to the Katshmallow thread and talk another TF101 user into trying Truekey. If he runs into the same problem it's rom related, if not it's you and you should start from scratch.
    Why are you so committed to that app? There are lots of excellent cross platform password managers. mSecure being the one that I have been using for years and can readily recommend.
    Can you please walk me through the unrooting process. I have twrp and I flashed supersu during the 6.0.1 install. I have upgraded to the pro version which has an unroot option. Can I just do it there?

    I have reformatted several times and started from a blank slate. I think truekey is crashing very early in running. It does not even ask for permissions which I believe it should.

    The reason I am using truekey is that I got a free upgrade to it until 2019(!) but mainly because it has facial recognition which works really well. Do you know of another that has facial recognition as well?

  9. #9
    *Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    47492
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tablet
    TF700
    Posts
    2,550
    Liked
    674 times
    Just use the option in the SuperSU app.
    Did you read up on facelock being easily fooled by holding up a photo? Google it! I would not use it to secure anything....

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Pure Nexus Nougat/Google Fi


  10. #10
    Soundwave
    Member #
    8178
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    19
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Just use the option in the SuperSU app.
    Did you read up on facelock being easily fooled by holding up a photo? Google it! I would not use it to secure anything....

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Yes I read up on this. Truekey has an advanced facial recognition feature that requires you to turn your neck. I have not tried that yet but that should prevent that.

    I will try to unroot in the next little while and advise of my results.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 03:29 PM
  2. ROOTED TF101 android 4.0.3 youtube doesn't work all applications video not working
    By lorie3000 in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Development
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2015, 01:40 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2014, 08:15 PM
  4. I just rooted my TF101 and want to overclock it. How do I do it?
    By SVZ in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Development
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 08:06 PM
  5. Rooted TF101 and its Widgets
    By mrteeth in forum Asus Transformer (TF101) Development
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2012, 11:37 AM

Search tags for this page

truekey not working on my tablet

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:38 AM.